Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-12-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Gimme DHB (who was available at our original pick) and Suggs over your draft. I just do not see the potential in Matthews to get anywhere near Suggs' level but I do think DHB has the potential to be at or near Boldins level someday.
See, I view it as the other way around...I think Matthews can do everything Suggs did just as well as Suggs eventually, and DHB wont ever be the receiver Boldin is...I think you all forget, Boldin is a likely HoF in the prime of his career...hes the fastest receiver to 100, 200, 300 and 500 career catches or some crazy **** like that...Flacco to Boldin would be amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gimme DHB (who was available at our original pick) and Suggs over your draft. I just do not see the potential in Matthews to get anywhere near Suggs' level but I do think DHB has the potential to be at or near Boldins level someday.
I agree with that 100%. Matthews just doesn't seem to be strong at the P.O.A. and probably can't play DE in a 4-3, as Suggs can. His ability to stay on the field no matter what scheme we are in is one of the things that makes Suggs so valuable IMO, and I don't see Matthews as an every down pass-rusher. He seems more like a coverage guy to me anyways, and would be great as a 4-3 WLB.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I agree with that 100%. Matthews just doesn't seem to be strong at the P.O.A. and probably can't play DE in a 4-3, as Suggs can. His ability to stay on the field no matter what scheme we are in is one of the things that makes Suggs so valuable IMO, and I don't see Matthews as an every down pass-rusher. He seems more like a coverage guy to me anyways, and would be great as a 4-3 WLB.
you do realize Matthews played primarily DE at USC...he is not an everydown DE in the NFL, but in our system, where he wont be asked to put his hand down all of the time, hes actually perfect...he can play DE, OLB, and ILB for us...he does everything Suggs does, and I dont see why he wouldnt be able to do it just as well ina few years
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
you do realize Matthews played primarily DE at USC...he is not an everydown DE in the NFL, but in our system, where he wont be asked to put his hand down all of the time, hes actually perfect...he can play DE, OLB, and ILB for us...he does everything Suggs does, and I dont see why he wouldnt be able to do it just as well ina few years
Yes, but I don't believe he has the strength to play DE in the NFL. There are plenty of guys that play DE in college but have to switch to LB in the pro's...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im excited about our draft because i have no idea what direction ozzie will go... it seemed for sure CB at the start of the offseason and maybe even LB if we had loss ray ray.. but now... i see ozzie going BPA.. which i dont mind at all

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree I hope WR but I see BPA as well. Which depending on who it is I wont mind.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think unless some player of extreme value drops to us, we're going WR, or mabye OLB as a darkhorse.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carroll County Times - The Ravens have sent quarterback Joe Flacco and director of player personnel Eric DeCosta to North Carolina to work out wide receiver Hakeem Nicks.

They will have a private workout with Nicks on Friday, according to team officials.

AWESOME!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We brought DHB to here to do that, I guess we will do that w/ all the top WR
Old 04-15-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone see scott's new mock? Has us taking DHB in the first which would be a dream come true. In the second he has us passing Jarron Gilbert for Cornelius Ingram which I wouldn't be a fan of
Old 04-15-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone see scott's new mock? Has us taking DHB in the first which would be a dream come true. In the second he has us passing Jarron Gilbert for Cornelius Ingram which I wouldn't be a fan of
Yeah DHB would be the perfect 1st round pick, no doubt Gilbert over Ingram, not a fan of Ingram in the 2nd round at all. Jasper Brinkley is an alright 3rd round pick.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree I would be pissed if we passed on Gilbert. I love his athletisicm.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I thinkit would be a huge mistake to pass on Gilbert, I think he'd fit perfectly in our defense as the future replacement of T Pryce.

DHB would be my ultimate homer dream come true, one of my favorite terps ever up there with Merriman and Vernon Davis.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know who i was talking to but I was having 5 hour long hard ons thinking of Ngata and Gilbert on the same line together. The versatility and athletic abilities of those two combined would be amazing.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I don't know who i was talking to but I was having 5 hour long hard ons thinking of Ngata and Gilbert on the same line together. The versatility and athletic abilities of those two combined would be amazing.
I know Scott has him low, I just don't see that happening. He's too versatile and athletic to drop. Trade down to the top of the 2nd? If he's BPA at that point, Ozzie might grab him. I just have a feeling they might feel the media pressure to give Flacco some weapons. He's a freak though. We need a replacement for Pryce asap.

That would be a perfect scenario though if we got a top WR in 1 and Gilbert in 2.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a quick question-

Why are so many of yall so high on Darrius Heyward-Bey? Don't get me wrong, I loved him in Maryland but he does have a huge bust factor. Why all the love? it is cause he was a Terp? or do you guys really believe he'll be a star. Just curious.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he could arguably be the fastest WR in the NFL from day 1, he's 6-2" long arms, can grab balls, and has great character. Any first round WR has a huge bust factor but he has tools to be great.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I got a quick question-

Why are so many of yall so high on Darrius Heyward-Bey? Don't get me wrong, I loved him in Maryland but he does have a huge bust factor. Why all the love? it is cause he was a Terp? or do you guys really believe he'll be a star. Just curious.
I've got the same feeling on him. Maybe it's because I'm not from the area. He's a replica of Troy Williamson, who was one of my top players in the 2005 draft. Great size, big time speed, underutilized at SC. DHB basically just has the go route, and does his damage when he gets behind the safeties. He won't get much on step backs and doesn't feel out screens well. He can take a slant to the house if he breaks a tackle, but even at 210, he's still relatively frail, built like a track runner. He hasn't spent enough time in a sophisticated offense, and he doesn't have a natural feel of a wide receiver.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I got a quick question-

The same question could be asked about why you think he has such a huge bust factor?

What's not to love, the guy is a world class athlete who could stretch the field like no other player we've ever had in Baltimore. Plus when he gets the ball in his hands he is an absolute playmaker. You might think he has high bust potential, but I think he has the highest potential of ANY WR in the draft (this doesn't mean I think he is the best WR, or my first rated WR, strictly potential) and that's no homer, I'd feel the same if he played for VT, BC, UNC, UVA whoever. People **** on his hands but the fact is, his hands weren't that bad, Maryland just has had piss poor QB's. I personally feel DHB is a top 10-15 prospect and getting him in the late 20's would be a ******* steal!

Aren't you the one who loves Nicks? Why do you love Nicks so much, IMO only thing he does better than DHB is make those spectacular catches, he won't be able to rely on his size as much in the Pro's and his physical prescence IMO is underwhelming. Plus the guy has a questionable attitude on top of everything. With Hakeem Nicks you are getting a slightly different version of Mark Clayton in my opinion. (This isn't a knock on Nicks, I'd be ok with it if we took him if DHB or Britt wasn't there)
Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I've got the same feeling on him. Maybe it's because I'm not from the area. He's a replica of Troy Williamson, who was one of my top players in the 2005 draft. Great size, big time speed, underutilized at SC. DHB basically just has the go route, and does his damage when he gets behind the safeties. He won't get much on step backs and doesn't feel out screens well. He can take a slant to the house if he breaks a tackle, but even at 210, he's still relatively frail, built like a track runner. He hasn't spent enough time in a sophisticated offense, and he doesn't have a natural feel of a wide receiver.
The Troy Williamson comparison is a bit of a cheap shot, yeah I can see where you are coming from, is it possible? sure. but that would be absolute worst case scenario. On the opposite end of the spectrum I could provide just as plausible of a comparison in saying he is a replica of Randy Moss, that being the absolute best case scenario. In all likelihood he will fall somewhere in between but either comparison is absolutely possible, I wouldn't say likely but possible.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

We all know DHB will be one of the most athletic WR in the NFL day 1. But he has high high character, he is a team player has a top notch work ethic. Obviously he will take a while to develop but he will be a constant threat to take anything he touches to the house his rookie year. I think w/ his great attitude he will reach his potential. If he had a crappy attitude I wouldnt want to touch him but since he has a great attitude I think he will develop
Old 04-15-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Troy Williamson comparison is a bit of a cheap shot, yeah I can see where you are coming from, is it possible? sure. but that would be absolute worst case scenario. On the opposite end of the spectrum I could provide just as plausible of a comparison in saying he is a replica of Randy Moss, that being the absolute best case scenario. In all likelihood he will fall somewhere in between but either comparison is absolutely possible, I would say likely but possible.
I get what you're saying. But the value of a player is also based on the likelihood that he fulfills his potential, not just the potential he can reach. Troy Williamson as a worst case scenario is a terrible scenario. He's a complete bust. And in DHBs case, I think his learning curve is so great because of the lack of sophistication in Maryland's offense, that his likelihood of reaching his potential isn't likely. I won't argue the the sky is the limit for him, because he's got amazing triangle numbers and a good work ethic. But he's got so far to go to be an NFL wide receiver, and I don't see that happening any time soon. It's the same thing that happened to Williamson, who had just as much potential coming out, but the light just didn't turn on for him. With that said, if we did pick him, I wouldn't be too upset just because the best case scenario, as you said, is him being a great player (although I don't think Moss is a correct comparison). If you're going prospect comparison on best case scenario. If everything went right for DHB, I'd say Lance Allworth.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

werent there issues w/ Troy Williamsons attitude? I know he challenged Childress to a fight. DHB has a great attitude
Old 04-15-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We all know DHB will be one of the most athletic WR in the NFL day 1. But he has high high character, he is a team player has a top notch work ethic. Obviously he will take a while to develop but he will be a constant threat to take anything he touches to the house his rookie year. I think w/ his great attitude he will reach his potential. If he had a crappy attitude I wouldnt want to touch him but since he has a great attitude I think he will develop
wow. Well that pretty much locks it up in my mind. If he's at #26, he'll be a Raven. Harbaugh LOVES high character guys and if what you say about DHB's character is right, he should be a lock to be a Raven if he's availible. I never hated the guy but I just wanted to know what all you Terp fans loved about him. My opinion- He'll take a while to develope, but our coaching staffs are one of the best in the league and he should have an easy transition. He might not be a complete WR his rookie year, but as Ravens1991 said, he'll be a threat on screens, reverses, and he'll be our deep threat from day 1. Cameron would work wonders with him. Bust factor is there, but like CCB said, its there with almost every WR.

DHB TO BALTIMORE!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

exactly I mean I would debate about spending a top 10 pick on him, but I would w/ any WR. That what makes me love DHB he is a high character guy