Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-15-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

see, I never knew anything about his character or life out of football.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yahoo says we are bringing Aaron Maybin in for a looksy, I was too lazy to copy the link though. Don't see the point, doubt hes available at our pick.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:36 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya I say that too. I guess it was just one of those things ya never know.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hate for us to take maybin. IMO he'll be a bust.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully one of the teams that would take DHB will grab Boldin and leave DHB for us!!!!!!!!! :)
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Hopefully one of the teams that would take DHB will grab Boldin and leave DHB for us!!!!!!!!! :)
How can you possibly want DHB over Boldin? I say if we can get Boldin and it wont break the bank, we do it. DHB has great tools, but he has bust written all over him. Anquan is a sure thing, and its much easier to draft a productive replacement for someone like Suggs, who would prolly be moved in the deal, then it is to draft a productive receiver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:49 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
How can you possibly want DHB over Boldin? I say if we can get Boldin and it wont break the bank, we do it. DHB has great tools, but he has bust written all over him. Anquan is a sure thing, and its much easier to draft a productive replacement for someone like Suggs, who would prolly be moved in the deal, then it is to draft a productive receiver.
Can you show me where anyone tied to the Ravens has made any hint at the possibility of trading Terrell Suggs? The forum mock isn't real life, only rumored deal is a 1st and a 3rd, quit merging your fantasy draft thing with real life.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:54 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Can you show me where anyone tied to the Ravens has made any hint at the possibility of trading Terrell Suggs? The forum mock isn't real life, only rumored deal is a 1st and a 3rd, quit merging your fantasy draft thing with real life.
Its been tossed around constantly since the Boldin drama started, dont make it seem like I just came up with this idea out of nowhere. It makes way too much sense to be ignored.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:09 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Its been tossed around constantly since the Boldin drama started, dont make it seem like I just came up with this idea out of nowhere. It makes way too much sense to be ignored.
By who? Fans? Since when do fans run the team? I haven't seen one media outlet report anything of the sort.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never said I want DHB over Boldin. I want Suggs over Boldin. If we can get Boldin without losing Suggs than I am for it. I am more concerned with keeping a good defense than getting Boldin.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8937/22330596.jpg

if anyone wants it :D

s86
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Ok, so the forum mock is done, here is a list of everything I did...

DRAFT:
#31 (1st Round)- Clay Matthews, DE/OLB, Southern Cal
#50 (2nd Round)- Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma
#104 (4th Round)- DeAngelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati
#123 (4th Round)- Vance Walker, DE/DT, Georgia Tech
#167 (5th Round)- Josh Mauga, ILB, Nevada
#204 (6th Round)- Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina
#240 (7th Round)- David Buehler, K, USC

TRADES:

Cardinals Get:
-Terrell Suggs DE
-Adam Terry OT

Ravens Get:
-Anquan Boldin

Ravens Receive:

#240 Overall

Vikings Receive:

TE Todd Heap

Browns Receive:

S Dawan Landry

Cb Frank Walker

# 96 Overall

Ravens Receive:

#50 Overall

# 104 Overall

Ravens Receive:

#167 Overall

Vikings Receive:

Wr Yamon Figurs

Ravens Receive:

TE Alex Smith

Buccaneers Receive:

#198 Overall
Quote:
Old 04-18-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I am not a fan of anything you did except for the Loadholt pick.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am not a fan of anything you did except for the Loadholt pick.
I only like the 6th and 7th rounds myself...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've already written what I think about the Anquan trade. It's ok for me. Definite pro's and cons about the trade but I wouldn't necessarily be crying if it went down. Not a fan at all of trading Dawan Landry after losing Leonhard. As far as the draft Not a huge fan of any of the picks other than Loadholt like the others tbh. I hate Clay Matthews. I don't see him as an every down backer and think he lacks the toughness to play run defense. Vance Walker is decent value and could develop into a nice 34 end. Richard Quinn is great value but we don't need another blocking TE specialist. That's Sypnewski's job.

On another note here is my new full 7 round mock:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32665

I made this mock to be as fair to every team so I didn't necessarily focus on giving the Ravens the dream draft, but this is what the Ravens ended up getting:

1-26-26 Baltimore- Eben Britton/OT/Arizona
2-25-57 Baltimore- Jarron Gilbert/DE/San Jose State
3-24-88 Baltimore- Kevin Barnes/CB/Maryland
4-23-123 Baltimore- Travis Beckum/TE/Wisconsin
5-26-162 Baltimore- Jarrett Dillard/WR/Rice
6-25-198 Baltimore- Marko Mitchell/WR/Nevada

The first round pick I felt was best value. DHB+Maclin+Pettigrew were on the board and I just don't feel like the Ravens are sold on Britt or Nicks. We are probably more favorable to Nicks but it's starting to look like he'll be more of an early 2nd round pick which I think would be a steal for him. Britton to me I think is one of the safest Oline picks in the draft and could have a Jon Jansen type career. I guess Jordan Gross would be the best contemporary comparison. Gilbert in the 2nd was a no brainier as was Barnes in the 3rd. Beckum I think was good value at the end of round 4 and could be the permanent solution. I didn't want to have to wait till the last 2 picks to go WR, but I think Dillard is very underrated and will be a really good slot receiver and while I have called Marko baby Ocho Cinco which may be premature, I do love his potential.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I'd take your draft every day of the week over APS'. Though I am not the biggest fan of going OL round 1 Britton is a nice value pick, I'd prefer Britt but I think I might be higher on him than most. All in all Britton + Gilbert + Barnes = A happy CCB
Old 04-18-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd take your draft every day of the week over APS'. Though I am not the biggest fan of going OL round 1 Britton is a nice value pick, I'd prefer Britt but I think I might be higher on him than most. All in all Britton + Gilbert + Barnes = A happy CCB
That is because you are a fool...everyone else I have talked to has loved the draft except the people in this forum
Quote:
Old 04-18-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

thats the worst thing ive ever seen.
you traded everyone.
and sucked.
realhard

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
thats the worst thing ive ever seen.
you traded everyone.
and sucked.
realhard
what is your alternative suggestion? I would love to hear it
Quote:
Old 04-18-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That is because you are a fool...everyone else I have talked to has loved the draft except the people in this forum
Hey **** you buddy, I am a fool because I don't like your fantasy team, and because I like STRIP's more? I can have my own opinion you giant egotistical d-bag, if you like your little fantasy draft more power to you but I don't have to S your D like I love it when I don't.

"Everyone else I have talked to love the draft except the people in this forum" By people on this forum do you mean the actual Ravens fans on the website? Hell you aren't even a Ravens fan anyway, shouldn't you be cheering for the Jaguars after that overreactionary ***** fit you threw on draft day last year?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21914

:D had to do it
Old 04-18-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya I remember that, the past 2 years everyone was off the ozzie bandwagon. and they turned out pretty good!!! Flacco would have been worth it at 8.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I say we keep 26, because the last time we picked 26th we ended up with this man.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

Quote:
Ok, so the forum mock is done, here is a list of everything I did...

DRAFT:
#31 (1st Round)- Clay Matthews, DE/OLB, Southern Cal
#50 (2nd Round)- Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma
#104 (4th Round)- DeAngelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati
#123 (4th Round)- Vance Walker, DE/DT, Georgia Tech
#167 (5th Round)- Josh Mauga, ILB, Nevada
#204 (6th Round)- Richard Quinn, TE, North Carolina
#240 (7th Round)- David Buehler, K, USC

TRADES:

Cardinals Get:
-Terrell Suggs DE
-Adam Terry OT

Ravens Get:
-Anquan Boldin

Ravens Receive:

#240 Overall

Vikings Receive:

TE Todd Heap

Browns Receive:

S Dawan Landry

Cb Frank Walker

# 96 Overall

Ravens Receive:

#50 Overall

# 104 Overall

Ravens Receive:

#167 Overall

Vikings Receive:

Wr Yamon Figurs

Ravens Receive:

TE Alex Smith

Buccaneers Receive:

#198 Overall
first of all, settle down.
So your basically having Baltimore lose,
Yamon Figurs, Todd Heap, Adam Terry,Terrell Suggs, Dawan Landry and Frank Walker.
To get,
Anquan Boldin, and Alex Smith????
We'd have no starting SS besides Zbikowski and no draft pick to compete..
You give us 7 draft picks and boot a huge part of the defense just to get Anquan Boldin, and Alex Smith?
Why do we lose 6 players and only receive 2?
and get 1 extra draft pick?
seems kinda stoopid to me. The draft picks are what kills me.
Clay Matthews - Losing Suggs to get this guy is freekin rediculous. tsizzle is the man, Clay Matthews wouldn't even be guaranteed to start which is funny.
Phil Loadholt - Since we lose Terry we must get a tackle.. The only good pickup here, well besides Boldin.
DeAngelo Smith - Retardded pick. Rolle,Carr,Foxworth,Washington?? Smith would sit behind all of them so why waste a pick on him, c'mon now.
Vance Walker - depth player at best. wouldn't compete on the Ravens.
Josh Mauga - another project who sits behind Gooden, and Greisen.
Richard Quinn - career backup.. maybe.. actually, not even.
David Beuhler - a kicker... nice..
= a horrible draft after basically giving away tons of good players.

PS.

Joe Flacco was such a bad draft pick right?
terrible, terrible, horrible, horrible ha ha ha

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens

Last edited by lordquas : 04-19-2009 at 12:22 AM.
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.

well put lordquas