Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-08-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think molding someone like Chad Jones would be a much better pick. With his head hunting ability and natural athletic gifts, if Chad can learn from the leaders around him how to play the safety position he could be a major impact player in the NFL. Way more than Mays. Mays may have the physical gifts but he lacks the natural instincts that just can't be taught. Jones has the instincts and athletic ability, he needs work on the mental aspects and understanding of the game as well as technique, those can be much more easily taught.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any concern that Jones could still go the baseball route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
The one player lost in the Tackle discussion is Adam Terry. Any one feel he has anything left to offer?
Didn't we release Terry? I could of sworn I read that we did.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now everything he's saying is that he is focused on an NFL career, although of course that could change if he struggles in the NFL, although at that point it wouldn't matter for the team that drafts him if he goes to baseball.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read that SF is willing to offer the 17th overall pick for Gaither. If we could get there 13th overall pick we could try to use that to trade up and get Dez Bryant. We could use Yanda at RT and maybe slide Cousins to RG(I think he he is better off there anyway, he is big and mean but just to slow for T)
Old 03-08-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I read that SF is willing to offer the 17th overall pick for Gaither. If we could get there 13th overall pick we could try to use that to trade up and get Dez Bryant. We could use Yanda at RT and maybe slide Cousins to RG(I think he he is better off there anyway, he is big and mean but just to slow for T)
If we move Gaither I just can't see why we'd do so to take Bryant due to the amount of late 1st round WR's that will be available for our original pick. Unless of course we are planning on taking Bryant and using our original pick to take Bruce Campbell, which I would love.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

All I know is that it would be stupid to trade Gaither for say the 13th or 17th pick and draft someone like Trent Williams. Gaither is almost the same age as the current draft prospects and has higher upside than any of them. You can't trade Gaither just for the sake of trading him because you don't want to give him a big contract in the future. If you trade him you better be getting at least 2 picks or another asset.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
All I know is that it would be stupid to trade Gaither for say the 13th or 17th pick and draft someone like Trent Williams. Gaither is almost the same age as the current draft prospects and has higher upside than any of them. You can't trade Gaither just for the sake of trading him because you don't want to give him a big contract in the future. If you trade him you better be getting at least 2 picks or another asset.
That's what I am saying, I can't see the point in trading him just to select another OT with the pick we get back, that is just a bad gamble to take.

The way I see it, we must have our eyes on a prospect in the top 15, and we must also see a prospect either in the late 1st or 2nd that we feel comfortable taking to replace Gaither. Any other scenario just doesn't make sense to me. Unless maybe we have no plans to trade Gaither and we are just fishing for offers incase someone wants to overpay.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this talk of trading Gaither may just be talk to fuel the rumor mill. We're going to trade him to risk paying him and then shell out for a tackle in the first round only to pay him for the same talent we traded only without any real production?

I know Ozzie loves his picks and it must have pained him to get rid of some to get Bolden, but recouping them by losing Jared isn't a smart course. I'm ok with trading Landry for a 2nd because we do have some safeties in the line, even with Reed being a wild card. That and I do have a mancrush on Myron Rolle and would love to see him in purple.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
All this talk of trading Gaither may just be talk to fuel the rumor mill. We're going to trade him to risk paying him and then shell out for a tackle in the first round only to pay him for the same talent we traded only without any real production?

I know Ozzie loves his picks and it must have pained him to get rid of some to get Bolden, but recouping them by losing Jared isn't a smart course. I'm ok with trading Landry for a 2nd because we do have some safeties in the line, even with Reed being a wild card. That and I do have a mancrush on Myron Rolle and would love to see him in purple.
Yeah I think Ozzie's just fishing, throw Gaither out there see who bites. If someone overpays, you have a deal, if not we re-sign him long term and move on. Put it this way, I don't see the Colts or Cardinals 1st rounders netting Gaither straight up.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

All I've been hearing on local radio is the Skins interested in Gaither. I highly doubt it though because Gaither definitely wouldn't get the 4th pick. The Skins are hanging out Carlos Rogers and LaRon Landry and they could be included in a package along with the early 2nd rounder the Skins have and maybe a future pick.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think we'd be interested in either Landry or Rogers. We already have a SS, his brother, and I just don't see Rogers as being an upgrade at corner.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Don't think we'd be interested in either Landry or Rogers. We already have a SS, his brother, and I just don't see Rogers as being an upgrade at corner.
Rodgers could be an upgrade, Washington isn't exactly a model of consistency and he does have some talent maybe a change of scenery could help him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rodgers could be an upgrade, Washington isn't exactly a model of consistency and he does have some talent maybe a change of scenery could help him.
Webb and Foxworth are our starting corners, and Washington might not even come back. I didn't factor him into the equation when thinking about whether Rogers would be an upgrade. Sure he'd be a decent nickel option, but enough of one to justify trading Gaither? No.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

big no no trading the teams most valuable lineman.
especially a LT, which is a hard position to translate into the NFL.
Gaither will stay put, and help anchor the O-line.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Webb and Foxworth are our starting corners, and Washington might not even come back. I didn't factor him into the equation when thinking about whether Rogers would be an upgrade. Sure he'd be a decent nickel option, but enough of one to justify trading Gaither? No.
IDK if Webb will be 100% at all next season w/ that knee injury. Fabian had the same injury also so he may not be 100%. Picking up Rogers wont be that bad, he isnt old. Maybe the 4th overall pick, Rogers for Gaither and 23rd and a mid rounder?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
IDK if Webb will be 100% at all next season w/ that knee injury. Fabian had the same injury also so he may not be 100%. Picking up Rogers wont be that bad, he isnt old. Maybe the 4th overall pick, Rogers for Gaither and 23rd and a mid rounder?
So we give up two picks and Gaither for what could be a one-year rental/replacement at corner and the 4th pick? No thank you. Don't think Dez Bryant is quite worth that much. Eric Berry would be interesting, as would one of Suh/McCoy if they fall but I don't see it happening. Don't see Washington trading the 4th either.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Anyword on when Comp picks come out? I figured we should get some high ones w/ the big deals Scott, and Brown got.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Adam guy made his projections. It's in the draft forums.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Anyword on when Comp picks come out? I figured we should get some high ones w/ the big deals Scott, and Brown got.
Well as far the the equation goes the Ravens lost 4 players and signed 4 players so I wouldn't expect a comp pick for them. They could get a net value pick since the other deals of the guys you mentioned are big, but that shouldn't a high comp pick at all. Matt Birk did sign a 3 year 12 mil deal, Foxworth 4 year 28 mil deal, and Carr 2 year 5 mil deal.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Anyone else intrigued w/ Demaryus Thomas in the 2nd? he is a freak and he could sit for a year or 2 behind Boldin, hopefully Mason and Stallworth. He could develop behind 3 solid veterans
Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Mason could still resign with the Ravens.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Mason should resign with the Ravens.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens Draft Discussion Thread = DeMaryius Thomas Fan Club Thread
Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care how it gets done, in what round it gets done, Demaryius Thomas needs to be a Raven on draft day.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
All I've been hearing on local radio is the Skins interested in Gaither. I highly doubt it though because Gaither definitely wouldn't get the 4th pick. The Skins are hanging out Carlos Rogers and LaRon Landry and they could be included in a package along with the early 2nd rounder the Skins have and maybe a future pick.
IF you are planning to go OT with the 4th pick, wouldn't Gaither be worth it? I'd take him over any OT in the draft, and you probably would pay him less than the 4th pick.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote