Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-19-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, Fabian has really been a huge suprise this season and I do think he can be a #2 CB for the Ravens; but I think he can excel better in the nickel spot, he would dominate most slot WR's. However, for the time being he is still suited nicely to be our #2 CB, I just prefer him as a nickel.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah, Fabian has really been a huge suprise this season and I do think he can be a #2 CB for the Ravens; but I think he can excel better in the nickel spot, he would dominate most slot WR's. However, for the time being he is still suited nicely to be our #2 CB, I just prefer him as a nickel.
right he will finish the year as our #2 but if we get robinson or any other CB they could take that 2 spot and washington is young so he ccan take the nickle till rolle retires
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone on here give me a brief scouting report on Jason Brown?
I've been impressed with him when I see him play, and I might be interested in seeing the Bills sign him in the offseason.

How are contract talks going with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Can anyone on here give me a brief scouting report on Jason Brown?
I've been impressed with him when I see him play, and I might be interested in seeing the Bills sign him in the offseason.

How are contract talks going with him?
well everyone is stuck on signing ray lewis suggs and scott (including me for the most part) but really with the way our o-line has played this year we need him if thats going to continue. So yea he would be a big pick up for any team.
COME ON RAVENS DONT RUIN THIS O-LINE
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
well everyone is stuck on signing ray lewis suggs and scott (including me for the most part) but really with the way our o-line has played this year we need him if thats going to continue. So yea he would be a big pick up for any team.
COME ON RAVENS DONT RUIN THIS O-LINE
i think we keep jason brown, we need stability at our O-Line especially at the center position... i would imagine that the QB and center build a relationship and i wouldnt want to mess that up, especially with a young QB

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Jezz. Ravens did let go a key part of there o-line a couple years back in Pashos and I would REALLY REALLY be upset with the FO if they let Brown serve his talent to another team. Our o-line is so young and he is the young leader of it. taking him away could be a huge blow to the growth and effectivness of there play. After Ray Lewis, Brown is my next biggest concern. Then Suggs. And lastly, Butt Scott.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hey guys, theres a forum mock thats being set up if anybody is interested. There are still something like 12 GM spots available if people are interested.

For people that haven't participated in a forum mock in the past they should check it out, they are tons of fun.

Sign-up deadline is tonight, so try to hurry.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...t=28445&page=3
Old 01-03-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

hmm, i'll check it out.

can you post another link, that one doesnt work for me. Or just tell me how to get there.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pashos was nothing more then a average RT. Brown is a very good C.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know most people want DHB or a corner like Alphonso Smith, but if neither is there, could the FO look to address the aging D-line and pick Tyson Jackson?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a decent pick but I'd rather go talent first round. Maybe even a future ILB.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

If Clint Sintim is at our pick and Smith, Heyward-Bey and Kenny Britt are all gone Id love to have Sintim.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Clint Sintim is at our pick and Smith, Heyward-Bey and Kenny Britt are all gone Id love to have Sintim.
I wouldn't mind that as long as the front office feels that there aren't any corners left on the board that fit the team. I would say if D.J. Moore, Darius Butler (if he puts on a good show in the offseason), Mike Mickens (same as Butler), and Trevard Lindley (if he declares) would be better for the Ravens if they were on the board. I'd believe it even more if Suggs were to come back, but if he didn't...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I wouldn't mind that as long as the front office feels that there aren't any corners left on the board that fit the team. I would say if D.J. Moore, Darius Butler (if he puts on a good show in the offseason), Mike Mickens (same as Butler), and Trevard Lindley (if he declares) would be better for the Ravens if they were on the board. I'd believe it even more if Suggs were to come back, but if he didn't...
I don't think so, I think you can get a real quality corner in the 2nd round whoever of them falls. Not all of the CB's will be gone in the first 2 rounds, first round I think we go BPA.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I don't think so, I think you can get a real quality corner in the 2nd round whoever of them falls. Not all of the CB's will be gone in the first 2 rounds, first round I think we go BPA.
Good point. I just don't think any of the corners mentioned above wold be left, but I know there could be a lot more when the rest of the underclassmen declare. I really thin that corner should be our #1 priority, but BPA is always a great option.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Good point. I just don't think any of the corners mentioned above wold be left, but I know there could be a lot more when the rest of the underclassmen declare. I really thin that corner should be our #1 priority, but BPA is always a great option.
i think if we dont sign scott and landry we should be able to get a young cb in the free agency. and get DHB lol for flacco we need to spoil him so he can become GOD

John Wall
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh Jezz. Ravens did let go a key part of there o-line a couple years back in Pashos and I would REALLY REALLY be upset with the FO if they let Brown serve his talent to another team. Our o-line is so young and he is the young leader of it. taking him away could be a huge blow to the growth and effectivness of there play. After Ray Lewis, Brown is my next biggest concern. Then Suggs. And lastly, Butt Scott.
Actually they didn't exactly let Pashos go, they had every intention of resigning him until the Jags came him with a huge offer for at the time a one year wonder. And Tony hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire down there.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im wary of DHB. He, to me, looks like a bust waiting to happen.

Go Ravens!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

lol is it because everyone is talking about him lol going to the ravens? i just think he is fast tall and has good hands and can go deep and thats all we need on offense

John Wall
Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
lol is it because everyone is talking about him lol going to the ravens? i just think he is fast tall and has good hands and can go deep and thats all we need on offense
yea, i guess the lack of production in college makes me cautious. It woulda been good to see that he was a star in college, not just a guy with good measurables.

Go Ravens!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
yea, i guess the lack of production in college makes me cautious. It woulda been good to see that he was a star in college, not just a guy with good measurables.
well i dont watch to much college football (kill me now) lol but from what i have saw hes beast and CCB is a good friend of mine and he rants about the crap all the time lol and hes usually right about who is good and who isnt and the fact that maryland dont have a real good qb makes it hard for him to shine as much as he would. but like i said my sports insider(ccb) is usually right so im going with him lol

John Wall
Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
That's my worries too. I won't mind if Baltimore takes him, it's just he is a little inconsistent, but his QB is terrible. I saw him take a screen like 60 yards for a TD straight through the D, so i don't question his speed/burst at all. I'd want him over Maclin I think, although I would like us to get another big WR or another TE for our bad redzone offense.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

yea you never get to see DHB full potential from the lack of his qb. but i agree i think no matter what we should go long ball WR or big TE because were pretty sorry in the redzone lol i just hope it goes that way. im hoping for dunta robinson man

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
yea you never get to see DHB full potential from the lack of his qb. but i agree i think no matter what we should go long ball WR or big TE because were pretty sorry in the redzone lol i just hope it goes that way. im hoping for dunta robinson man
You're not the only one lol. If we get him I'd love to pick up a guy like Mickens in the second (if he falls) and get a WR/TE (Gresham or Pettigrew) in the first. I'd rank my first round wants (realistically) like this:

1. Jermaine Gresham - This probably isn't realistic but there's always a chance...

2. Hakeem Nicks - I like this guy a lot, and he has good size which the Ravens current WR do not.

3. Jeremy Maclin - He and DHB are very close IMO, but I like Maclin because he has return abilities and good hands.

4. Darrius Heyward-Bey - Seems like just what our offense needs, but he needs to show that he can be consistent.

5. Brandon Pettigrew - Not quite the stretch-the-field type but in the red zone is where we'll get the most from this guy. He is also a great blocker as we all know.

That's just my top 5 for the WR/TE wants for the Ravens, not my overall top 5.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Ok we are drafting 28th barring a trade. Why not look to take Percy Harvin where he can be the spark plug we really need that we have not had since Jermaine Lewis?! Or allow Bart Scott to move on and draft a guy like Everette Brown to play OLB and move Johnson inside and go after a CB in the 2nd rd where there is still depth at that spot with guys like Mickens, Harris, Byrd, etc.
Bart Scott is going to cost more then a guy like Brown would and could make a bigger impact on the outside then Johnson and Johnson can play as good as Scott. The money we save on resigning Scott would allow us to spend on a veteran CB to help not put the pressure on a Rookie CB and spend some money on the Offensive side the ball as well...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote