Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a big if.

Also is anyother else really high on Anthony McCoy? I love how he is well rounded, the problem is I dont want to spend a 2nd on him, and I doubt he is around at the 5th.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not high on McCoy at all. Id much prefer Gronkowski in the 2nd if we dont get Gresham in the first, I really like Gronk.

Same as last time, TACKLE and I will be co-GMing the Ravens in the latest forum mock. We will keep you updated as to all our moves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like Nate Byham or Hoomanawanui for the Ravens in the fifth. Colin Peek would also be nice, possibly Moeaki if he's still there. If we don't get Gresham, Gronkowski, or Hernandez in the first two rounds I fully expect us to pick up a TE in the fifth (or earlier if we acquire more picks). I do really like Hoomanawanui though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my outlook on the top 5 best fit TE prospects for Baltimore.
1) Jermaine Gresham (1st)
2) Rob Gronkowski (2nd)
3) Dennis Pitta (2nd)
4) Andrew Quarless (5th)
5) Jeff Cumberland (5th): My personal favorite. I love Gresham, but TE isn't a 1st round need. DT & CB should be addressed in the first 2 rounds...We can wait until round 5 and get a steal with Cumberland.

Positives
- Great hands.
- Possesses Wide Receiver speed. (4.45)
- Elusive after the catch.
- Great vertical, isn't scared to go up and snatch the ball.
- Aggressive down hill blocker.
- Fantastic potential/ work ethic.
Negatives
- Blocking strength/technique needs refining.
- Needs to get stronger.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have we all given up on Davon Drew? I liked him coming out, but he couldnt make the roster(got out played by Edgar Jones and some other TE I forget his name in pre-season). LJ Smith got a spot over him and he saw the field twice. I hate to give up on a rookie so early but I think he looks like a bust already.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew was such an awful pick. James Casey from Rice was still on the board at that point, and he has all the tools to be a star. I really wish we would of picked him up.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not going to take a H-Back type of TE like Casey. Davon Drew had potential to grow as a blocker, and that's why I think we took him.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

But from all I read it was Drew is very raw but has Chris Cooley like potential at H-back.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
But from all I read it was Drew is very raw but has Chris Cooley like potential at H-back.
That's not what I remember reading about him in Scott's scouting report. He actually had solid weight/height numbers, where as most of the H-back types are shorter/lighter than the traditional TEs.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's crazy people are so quick to give up on Drew.
Give the man some time to learn the offense.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/davon-drew?id=71287

NFL.com has him as an ideal H-back.

I was a fan of him, but being a 5th round pick not even making the team is a little sketchy. Not to mention he was signed by Miami, cut from there then I think he ended up on our practice squad.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

You're really going off of NFL.com? Maybe if it was Mayock's analysis, but they use another site to do those write-ups.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I personally don't have alot of faith in Davon Drew.

Quote:
) Jeff Cumberland (5th): My personal favorite.
I really like Cumberland too.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fact that the Ravens let Drew goto Detroit in the first place shows you how much we value him.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:18 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I think the fact that the Ravens let Drew goto Detroit in the first place shows you how much we value him.
I completely agree.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Just keeping you guys updated on the Forum Mock. This morning, TACKLE and I traded for Greg Olsen! We figured he was as good if not better then any TE in this class, and the trade looked like this:

#57 and #156 for TE Greg Olsen and #109

So our 2nd and 5th for Olsen and a 4th, which puts Olsen at early 3rd round value according to the trade. We felt like we got a steal, and we keep our first rounder to address CB/DL.
Quote:
Old 03-27-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Good move, basically trading our second for Olsen and a 5th for a 4th.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I love that move, if only it could happen in real life.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Rumors are Olsen is on his way out in Chicago. Martz never uses TEs. I seriously doubt Ozzie pulls the trigger on it in real life...but who cares, it happened on SWDC! Thats better!
Quote:
Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats a great move, I love players from Da U!! Thats why I want Jimmy Graham!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-28-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's possible, but I doubt Ozzie wants to get rid of more picks.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Yea why would Ozzie wanna make the right move.......get up into the 4th rd, and not have to take any of the TEs in this draft class all of whom have major question marks against them.....far too smart of a move for Ozzie to make.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-28-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I think he'd let go of picks for a player, just not give up multiple picks for another pick.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I think he'd let go of picks for a player, just not give up multiple picks for another pick.
I hope he would. Greg Olsen would be a fantastic addition.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Forum Mock took an unexpected turn today for Baltimore. TACKLE and I ended up trading Jared Gaither for the #17 overall pick straight up, which we used to draft Earl Thomas. We both love the move and feel comfortable playing Oher on the left side and kicking Yanda out to RT. Thomas is a fantastic fit for our scheme and he could project to either S or CB on the Ravens.

We originally targeted Jared Odrick at 25, our original pick, but when an offer to move down to #30 came and accumulate some mid round picks lost in the Boldin/Olsen trades, we had to do it. We were hoping Odrick would slide past Dallas and New York, but unfortunately he didnt. So at 30, we ended up taking Everson Griffen, a real good transitional player for our move from 3-4 to 4-3. Griffen is highly athletic and could play opposite Suggs in either scheme. In fact, in alot of ways he compares favorably to Suggs. So to summarize the first round action:

LOSSES:

OT Jared Gaither

ADDITIONS:

TE Greg Olsen
DB Earl Thomas (#17)
DE/OLB Everson Griffen (#30)

We dont pick again till the 4th round, but we have alot of late rounders we might try and package to move up. Obviously its an unrealistic scenario, but I personally would be thrilled if it turned out this way.
Quote: