Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-30-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether we like it or not the NFL is becoming a offensive league, we have 2 tackles who are under 25 and can be the best tackle combo for the next 10 years, we CANT piss that away!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Whether we like it or not the NFL is becoming a offensive league, we have 2 tackles who are under 25 and can be the best tackle combo for the next 10 years, we CANT piss that away!
Which I understand and agree with, BUT if the reports are true that he won't be back after his contract, why not trade him and get what you can get from him now then get nothing? I personally believe Oher is a better player than Gaither will ever be. Just my opinion.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Oher is better then Gaither, but still I would work something out and keep Gaither here, if that isnt possible I would understand trading him to get something for him if he walks after this season.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Which I understand and agree with, BUT if the reports are true that he won't be back after his contract, why not trade him and get what you can get from him now then get nothing? I personally believe Oher is a better player than Gaither will ever be. Just my opinion.
What reports are you referring to? I haven't seen anything about Gaither not being back because of a contract dispute, it's all been speculation from fans at this point.

Oher probably is a better overall tackle than Gaither too, but I think Gaither at LT is better than Oher at LT.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
What reports are you referring to? I haven't seen anything about Gaither not being back because of a contract dispute, it's all been speculation from fans at this point.

Oher probably is a better overall tackle than Gaither too, but I think Gaither at LT is better than Oher at LT.
All I have been reading from here is that Gaither won't be here. I don't know. He could be back.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sent Aaron Wilson a tweet asking about the Gaither rumors, and oh happy day he responded!

Quote:
RavensInsider

@CoorZero Unlikely to be traded in my opinion, in a better light with the team now that he showed up for workouts.
:)
Old 03-30-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kinda random, but is anyone else getting a weird feeling for this years Raven draft?

I mean, in years past, we've had a clear cut need that we were sure the team would address day 1.

this year
I'm trying to predict if we'll go d-line, take a corner, maybe a wide receiver or tight end, hell, maybe even a linebacker or safety. I guess Ozzie did a pretty good job filling the teams bigger needs.

I'm going to be shocked, by Thursday night. Cause I have no idea where we are looking. I guess it's all going to happen on how the board falls. Geez, I hate all this pre-draft anticipation!!

only 22 more days!!!!

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 03-30-2010 at 09:27 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
kinda random, but is anyone else getting a weird feeling for this years Raven draft?

I mean, in years past, we've had a clear cut need that we were sure the team would address day 1.

this year
I'm trying to predict if we'll go d-line, take a corner, maybe a wide receiver or tight end, hell, maybe even a linebacker or safety. I guess Ozzie did a pretty good job filling the teams bigger needs.

I'm going to be shocked, by Thursday night. Cause I have no idea where we are looking. I guess it's all going to happen on how the board falls. Geez, I hate all this pre-draft anticipation!!

only 22 more days!!!!
I know what you mean. It's so unpredictable but it is also going to make the pick a lot more exciting. I really don't see a bad pick that can be made at #25.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I know what you mean. It's so unpredictable but it is also going to make the pick a lot more exciting. I really don't see a bad pick that can be made at #25.
yeah, I'd be happy with a lot of guys that people have predicted us taking, guys like -

Jared Odrick
Jermaine Gresham
Kyle Wilson
Devin McCourty
Earl Thomas
Dan Williams
Brandon Graham
Sergio Kindle
Maurkice Pouncey

guys I would like us to stay away from-

Everson Griffen and Carlos Dunlap - Both have Vernon Gholston similarities. STAY AWAY OZZIE

guys I'm not too familiar with

Taylor Mays
Jerry Hughes
Taylor Mays
Brian Price

no matter which direction the Ravens choose to go in, I'm sure the majority of sensible Raven fans will be please with the outcome.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

As long as it's not Dunlap, Dan Williams, Odrick, or any receiver not named Bryant/Thomas I'll probably be happy with the pick. I'm still kind of expecting a defensive lineman to be taken though.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As long as it's not Dunlap, Dan Williams, Odrick, or any receiver not named Bryant/Thomas I'll probably be happy with the pick. I'm still kind of expecting a defensive lineman to be taken though.
Just curious,

Why don't you like Odrick or Dan Wiiliams?

Also, are you a fan of Kyle Wilson?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:27 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just curious,

Why don't you like Odrick or Dan Wiiliams?

Also, are you a fan of Kyle Wilson?
I don't like Dan Williams because we don't need another NT. He's not taking Ngata's spot, and I don't think we're going to be using many more 3-man fronts so we don't really need another top of the line space-eater (although I think Ngata is better off playing NT in those sets, but that's a different issue).

Odrick just doesn't do it for me. He seems like a decent 5-technique. I don't think he'll be able to get a good pass rush from any position on the line and I don't see him being a quality run-stuffer.

I love Kyle Wilson, he's probably the best play-making corner in the class while not sacrificing any coverage abilities (aka he can stick with his man). He's one of my ideal picks in the first. Actually right now I'd be quite happy with Wilson or McCourty in the first, Houston of Alualu in the second, and a TE in the fifth. Seems that's where the value at the positions lie this draft.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't like Dan Williams because we don't need another NT. He's not taking Ngata's spot, and I don't think we're going to be using many more 3-man fronts so we don't really need another top of the line space-eater (although I think Ngata is better off playing NT in those sets, but that's a different issue).

Odrick just doesn't do it for me. He seems like a decent 5-technique. I don't think he'll be able to get a good pass rush from any position on the line and I don't see him being a quality run-stuffer.

I love Kyle Wilson, he's probably the best play-making corner in the class while not sacrificing any coverage abilities (aka he can stick with his man). He's one of my ideal picks in the first. Actually right now I'd be quite happy with Wilson or McCourty in the first, Houston of Alualu in the second, and a TE in the fifth. Seems that's where the value at the positions lie this draft.
I agree with what you have to say about Dan Williams. But he would probably take Ngata's spot at NT, not because he's better, but because Ngata can also play the 5 tech. quite well. But you make a good point, why draft him, when we are proabably going to switch to a 4-3. But Williams and Ngata would draw the Adams and Gooose comparison but they would struggle in the pass rush.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree with what you have to say about Dan Williams. But he would probably take Ngata's spot at NT, not because he's better, but because Ngata can also play the 5 tech. quite well. But you make a good point, why draft him, when we are proabably going to switch to a 4-3. But Williams and Ngata would draw the Adams and Gooose comparison but they would struggle in the pass rush.
Right, I just like Ngata more playing NT in the 3-4 sets moreso than him playing the 5-technique. I think his athleticism would be much better served going against guards and centers rather than tackles and guards. It'd definitely give us a good run-stopping team, but the best teams aren't really featuring the run game anymore (even the other teams in our own division, though the Bengals do like to run it still).
Old 03-31-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Right, I just like Ngata more playing NT in the 3-4 sets moreso than him playing the 5-technique. I think his athleticism would be much better served going against guards and centers rather than tackles and guards. It'd definitely give us a good run-stopping team, but the best teams aren't really featuring the run game anymore (even the other teams in our own division, though the Bengals do like to run it still).
completely agree, Adding Williams would be great vs. the run, but it is obvious that this is a passing league now and the pass rush has never been so important. Adding a defensive back or pass rusher would be more effective than a run stuffer. We've got plenty of run stuffers in Ngata, Gregg, Pryce, and Redding.

This also shows you how important Terrell Sugs will be next year.

I'm also assured that in Kyle Wilson falls to us, he'll be the pick.(just a feeling :) ) Harbaugh acknowledged, that we need to add some depth at corner, because Webb and Washington might not be ready for the start of the season.

He said they wanted to add one through FA and one through the draft. I just hope it's either McCourty or Wilson. In the second, I could live with Perrish Cox or Jerome Murphy.

Also, don't be shocked to see us trade back into the the early seconds and acquire a 4th or 5ht in the process.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys are forgetting that the addition of Dan Williams next to Ngata in a 4-3 means no more double teams on the ends. Suggs, and whoever ends up playing opposite him, would have alot of room to maneuver with those two big guys sucking up blocks in the middle. Id be perfectly fine with a Dan Williams selection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think you guys are forgetting that the addition of Dan Williams next to Ngata in a 4-3 means no more double teams on the ends. Suggs, and whoever ends up playing opposite him, would have alot of room to maneuver with those two big guys sucking up blocks in the middle. Id be perfectly fine with a Dan Williams selection.
No, I'm not forgetting that. But last season the weakness of our pass-rush was from the interior, not so much the outside. Opposing QBs could step up into the pocket countless times and not have to worry about one of the DTs getting to him.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ngata and Dan Williams would be better then Goose and Adams, I wont complain if we pick Williams up at all.

Also I would love Wilson, the guy is like another Webb out there and we can never have enough Webbs
Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

RAvens1991 and APS, you guys make great points.

But I'd like to see more pass rush from our tackles. Like coordinator0 said, QB's had it easy vs. our pass rush last year. Rivers tore us up. Manning beat us twice. Big Ben always does well against us, Palmer looked better vs. us than other teams.

I wouldn't mind Williams either, but I prefer more of a pass rushing force in the middle.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: Nevermind

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-31-2010 at 01:24 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

wow, I was just watching ESPN and they said that both Flacco and Ryan had "down" years and regressed from there rookie years.

Jeez, just because Matt Ryan suffers and took a step backwards, doesn't mean Flacco did too.

I love how since Ryan is the more "media sought after" QB, he get's all the hype, and when he does good, Flacco does, and when Ryan struggles, so does Flacco. I mean, Flacco had a winning record, led his team to the playoffs, improved his stats and QB rating AND won in the playoffs.

God, I hate the media.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I really can't see how Flacco regressed last season. Perhaps many people has misinterpretations of how good he actually was his rookie year, but as a passer he was much better last season (while having quite the impeding injury for the later part of the season as well).
Old 03-31-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he obviously regressed because our overall record did!!!! ESPN is dumb
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Additions:

TE Greg Olsen
DB Earl Thomas, Texas (#17)
DE/OLB Everson Griffen, USC (#30)
DL Alex Carrington, Arkansas State (#80)
WR Eric Decker, Minnesota (#93)
OL Jeff Byers, USC (#157)

Losses:

OT Jared Gaither
S Dawan Landry
RB Willis McGahee

Analysis

Coming into this draft, TACKLE and myself had two goals: add legitimate targets for Joe Flacco, and get younger on defense. We strongly feel that we accomplished both those goals. Getting a Pro Bowl talent in Greg Olsen for the equivalent of a 3rd round pick was huge for us, and adding Eric Decker in the 3rd as a solid possession receiver and future #2 added a little youth to our receiving core. We really feel like that those moves, along with the acquisition of Anquan Boldin earlier in the offseason, give that offense a huge boost. Combined with a rock solid running game surrounding Ray Rice and Le'Ron McClain, and for once we dont have to worry about our offense. The loss of Jared Gaither is regrettable, but really, with Oher as an in house replacement and getting Top 20 value for him, I think we will learn to live with it.

The defensive acquisitions were almost perfect for us as well. Earl Thomas is a great fit both scheme and position wise, as his ability to play both S and CB will help until Reed decides to hang up the cleats. Learning from the very best will undoubtedly help him as well. We had originally targeted Odrick at 25, but when an offer to trade down and accumulate some mid round picks presented itself, we couldnt help it. Ultimately we lost Odrick, but Everson Griffen is a great consolation prize. Hes big, fast, and can play in a 3-4 or 4-3. He would be a terror opposite Suggs and I really like the pick. The addition of Alex Carrington definitely helped ease the pain of missing out on Odrick. Carrington is a Pryce clone capable of playing inside and out, and as you can tell, versatility was a theme for us this draft.

Byers was good value and helped add depth to the interior oline which was hurt a bit with Yanda sliding out to RT.

Overall, I loved what we did and if anything similar happened in real life for the Ravens, Id be stoked. Thoughts?

Explanation and summary of Forum Mock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Explanation and summary of Forum Mock.
I could live with that scenario. I think, with that offense, we could make a strong push into the playoffs.