Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are everybody's thoughts on the Ravens taking a safety in the top two rounds? Every now and then i see a mock with the Ravens taking one and it gets me thinking. Honestly I don't think we are lacking for depth at the position with Nakamura (who's supposed to be back by minicamps) and Zbikowski, while Landry probably isn't going anywhere as the starting SS. For me it all depends on what the front office thinks Reed is going to do in this season or the next. I'd have to believe that for us to take a safety high that Reed will retire soon. IMO we'd most likely take a FS, because we are pretty much set at SS with Landry and Zbikowski (who I think fits SS more than FS).
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just thinking what if you guys trade Gaither and your first rounder to the Skins for there first rounder? You guys could take Berry to replace Reed when he hangs it up.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh for sure, if Berry is at our 1st rounder, then he should be a Raven immediately.

but in reality, I doubt we'll trade Gaither, unless it's during the draft, and I doubt the Skins will trade there 1st away. However, if Earl Thomas fell to #25, I wouldn't mind him.

However, outside of Thomas and Berry, I'd rather us go BPA at the position of need instead.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper reports that we have worked out Cody DT and are interested in Thomas WR
Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are also bringing The Great White Hope Toby Gerhardt in for a workout.

also read this on the Ravens Insider twitter:

Mel Kiper predicts that Jermaine Gresham will likely go to the Bengals at No. 21 or the Ravens at No. 25.

Last edited by ccB : 04-07-2010 at 12:38 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

Mel Kiper predicts that Jermaine Gresham will likely go to the Bengals at No. 21 or the Ravens at No. 25.
Interesting prospect, taking Toby could be an acceptable pick if Willis were to be moved.

Then again I can't imagine a huge market for him nor a huge take from dealing him. Hell just add Toby and we'll have the backfield of all backfields.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also from Ravens Insider twitter:

"Mel Kiper thinks the Ravens could use WR Demaryius Thomas as a nice developmental prospect."

Yes we could Mel, yes we could, now hopefully someone makes this happen.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a fan of taking Toby, its all Ray Rice basically, no reason to take a RB who would get 10 carries max.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Ravens fan on another forum pointed out that McGahee jerseys are on sale for 50% of the regular price, while no other current Ravens jerseys are that cheap. Could it mean something? I think it could.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I doubt it, w/ Rice being the star and getting Boldin no one wants a McGahee jersey anymore
Old 04-07-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I am very intrigued w/ Linval Joseph DT out of ECU. Kiper said we can see him go round 1. He has great potential and the thing that is real interesting is that he is a team leader and a hard worker. It seems every DT now a days there main weakness is their work ethic.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of jerseys, I'm about to get my 3rd authentic jersey (already have purple Flacco and White Suggs)

Was wonder who's I should get -
Anquan Boldin - Black or Purple
Ray Rice - Black or Purple
Haloti Ngata - Black or Purple
unfortunately, the website we use was out of Michael Oher's :(
Old 04-07-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
speaking of jerseys, I'm about to get my 3rd authentic jersey (already have purple Flacco and White Suggs)

Was wonder who's I should get -
Anquan Boldin - Black or Purple
Ray Rice - Black or Purple
Haloti Ngata - Black or Purple
unfortunately, the website we use was out of Michael Oher's :(
http://http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3563522

Looks like they're cheaper than the Ravens site as well. I'd go with a Rice jersey personally.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Everyone has a Rice jersey, I'd go with the Ngata or Boldin.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
A Ravens fan on another forum pointed out that McGahee jerseys are on sale for 50% of the regular price, while no other current Ravens jerseys are that cheap. Could it mean something? I think it could.
It's cause he'll be no more than a 5 carry a game back. Clinton Portis jerseys are 70% off in VA and he's still the starting RB as far as I know. Jerseys like Mcgahee whoever once wanted one has one. There is no more demand for his jerseys so there is no other option than to discount them.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

There are ways you can get jeresys for like 60 bucks. My wrestling coach does it and sells them. He gets bank off of it.

Personally I like to get jerseys customized of good players but players who arent popular, for example for Christmas I got a Webb customized.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

what me and my friends do is buy off this website in China. 25 bucks for legit jerseys. everything sewed on.

We have to buy a minimum of 10 and we only have to pay 25 bucks(as long as you buy a certain amount). I got a Flacco and Suggs for great deals.

You could possibly but 10 for $250, and sell em for 60-80 bucks and make a huge profit..
Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Thats exactly what my friend does. they make bank.

now back to draft discussion

Thoughts on Linval Joseph DT ECU?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

I would cream myself if we got Gerhart. However no way we get him with our second so he would have to fall pretty far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What possible use could we have for Gerhart? Our backfield is crowded enough as it is already, and we have much bigger needs. Id hate to see us even look at the position in the first few rounds. We need CB/DL/TE help, and badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

true, our backfield is a strength and we need to add some young talented depth in our secondary and defensive line. As well as find a long-term replacement at TE.

As long as we go (like APS said) corner, d-line or ight end, I'm happy with whoever we draft. Unless a Dez Bryant or Sean Witherspoon fall to us.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id be ok with either of those guys, and probably ok with Demaryius Thomas as well, depending on the board. After going back and watching more tape on him, hes an even nastier blocker then I thought. Could be a nice project at WR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Id be ok with either of those guys, and probably ok with Demaryius Thomas as well, depending on the board. After going back and watching more tape on him, hes an even nastier blocker then I thought. Could be a nice project at WR.
Yeah, I'd really like Thomas for the Ravens even if we have bigger needs at DL, CB, and TE. Man this draft is going to be interesting for us, good thing it's only 2 weeks away now :).
Old 04-07-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah man. It's gotta be (for me) the most anticipated event I look forward to. I'm more excited for the draft than I am for Christmas.

I'm so pumped!!

especially with so many ways Baltimore can go. they have no GLARING need. Ozzie did a great job in free agency this year.

Props to Newsome and the front office. Filled every major need.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I am really pumped as well, so many different options it is unbelieveable. We could go any position except QB and G basically.