Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-18-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's probably like a .02% chance this happens, but what if we took Tim Tebow?

Obviously, we don't have enough picks to take a backup QB/Wildcat QB but he is probably the exact definition of what "playing like a Raven" is.

anyways, the more I think about the upcoming draft, the more I believe that we will trade down into the early 2nd round and acquire a 3rd or 4th in the process. I just don't see a HUGE need that we must address, I think acquiring more picks is the best way to go for a team like us.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:53 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give it less than a .02% chance lol. Like Jerry Jones said, "he'd never get on the field!"
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading down really can't be relied on, it's only dependent on if a team see's a player worth trading up for. With a class as deep as this it's a lot harder.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Trading down really can't be relied on, it's only dependent on if a team see's a player worth trading up for. With a class as deep as this it's a lot harder.
true, but I think if Cleveland fails to trade up and nab Bradford, I think they'll be in the hunt to trade up and take McCoy.

It's a small chance, but you can't rule it out.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCoy is an awful fit for Cleveland's system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im so angry. We have Kyle Wilson, Jared Odrick, Sergio Kindle, Dan Williams on the board, and we move down for a 3rd and 4th? Im sorry, but you dont pass on the #2 player at your greatest position of need for a 3rd and 4th. Kyle Wilson should of been the selection there.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, for one, am extremely happy you don't have Kyle Wilson or Dez Bryant on your team.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Wow.SO CLOSE TO DEZ AND DEMARYIUS!!!!!!! yet we end up trading down :( we definetily got the better trade with getting a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th
But I'm upset we didn't get Kyle Wilson.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Im so angry. We have Kyle Wilson, Jared Odrick, Sergio Kindle, Dan Williams on the board, and we move down for a 3rd and 4th? Im sorry, but you dont pass on the #2 player at your greatest position of need for a 3rd and 4th. Kyle Wilson should of been the selection there.
Are you kidding me? They got a haul for that pick with obviously no real value for their money. Great trade!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Im sorry, but I think thats just a case of Ozzie being arrogant and thinking he can turn a 3rd and 4th into quality players. You dont pass on Jared Odrick or Kyle Wilson when you have a huge need at both positions. Id rather have a possible pro bowl starter in both of them then I would have to average starters with a 3rd and 4th, even in a draft this deep. Im really upset with that trade.
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Im sorry, but I think thats just a case of Ozzie being arrogant and thinking he can turn a 3rd and 4th into quality players. You dont pass on Jared Odrick or Kyle Wilson when you have a huge need at both positions. Id rather have a possible pro bowl starter in both of them then I would have to average starters with a 3rd and 4th, even in a draft this deep. Im really upset with that trade.
You make a GREAT point, I too would not have minded Odrick or Wilson , but I think this trade down is worth it. We don really have
that 1 glarring need so Im fine with trading down and just loading up on talent.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

If we were a rebuilding team, and needed to add role players like 3rd and 4th rounders, or if we were a middle of the road team looking to take a chance on guys like that and hope that they turn out, Id be much more ok with the trade. But the fact of the matter is, we arent those teams. We are a contender, who is a piece or two or starter or two away from being a championship caliber team. At this point, I think you have to choose quality over quantity and we had the opportunity to add an elite talent and maybe make that jump.

Im not saying we didnt get good value for the pick, we did. I just really think we should of made the selection when we had the chance, because the guys in the 2nd who will be available at our pick arent the same quality as those available at 25. There is a HUGE difference in talent between someone like Kyle Wilson and Brandon Ghee. The same goes for Jared Odrick and Alex Carrington.

And honestly, what are we going to do with those 3rd and 4th rounders? Really? Even in a draft this deep, I dont have that much faith in Ozzie. I dont like the trade at all based on the status of our team.
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If we were a rebuilding team, and needed to add role players like 3rd and 4th rounders, or if we were a middle of the road team looking to take a chance on guys like that and hope that they turn out, Id be much more ok with the trade. But the fact of the matter is, we arent those teams. We are a contender, who is a piece or two or starter or two away from being a championship caliber team. At this point, I think you have to choose quality over quantity and we had the opportunity to add an elite talent and maybe make that jump.

Im not saying we didnt get good value for the pick, we did. I just really think we should of made the selection when we had the chance, because the guys in the 2nd who will be available at our pick arent the same quality as those available at 25. There is a HUGE difference in talent between someone like Kyle Wilson and Brandon Ghee. The same goes for Jared Odrick and Alex Carrington.

And honestly, what are we going to do with those 3rd and 4th rounders? Really? Even in a draft this deep, I dont have that much faith in Ozzie. I dont like the trade at all based on the status of our team.
we might be a contending team, but it's clear that our defense is aging (Ed Reed, Trevor Pryce, Ray Lewis, and Kelley Gregg)

Instead of adding 1 1st rounder (Wilson, Odrick, Kindle) I'd rather us load up on picks and add as much youth to our aging defense as we can.

Sure it hurt not getting Dez or Bey-Bey, but, short-term wise, we are set at WR.

We NEED youth on defense, adding 3 picks is just what the doctor ordered, now, let's pray Ozzie can hit on most of these, he's got a lot of pressure on him.

Possible picks -
DEFENSE-
Terrence Cody - Him and Ngata just isn't fair.
Sergio Kindle - too good to pass up if he's available.
Brandon Ghee or Jerome Murphy - need depth at corner.
Everson Griffen
Brian Price
Alex Carrington
Carlos Dunlap - yuck..

OFFENSE -
Brandon LaFell
Arrelious Benn
Rob Gronkowski
Aaron Hernandez
Jimmy Graham

I hated this trade down at first, but now it's slowly growing on me.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 04-22-2010 at 11:06 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypothetical question obviously, but do you guys think you had Dez or Kyle Wilson rated higher? Do you also think us jumping you to take Dez had anything to do with a trade down?

I wasn't sure if Baltimore was eyeing BPA, one of the top 2 WR's, or defensive help. I was silenting praying one of Kyle Wilson or Dez fell into our laps as well, Wilson is going to be a stud and it sucks he gets to go to NY who continues to stock up on defensive talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Most of the guys you named are significant downgrades from what would of been available at 25. If we spend a 2nd on either Ghee or Murphy, Ill be upset. I really dont like Ghee and I dont think Murphy is even a solid 2nd rounder. Carrington Id like, but only at 57. Kindle, Griffen, and Cody wont last until 43, absolutely not. Brian Price doesnt make any sense at all and his stock is falling faster then mercury, he may not even end up in the 2nd. Dunlap? Really? Hes falling faster then Price.

Gronkowski I love, and if he isnt one of the 2nd round picks tomorrow Ill be pretty upset. LaFell is going to bust, although I wouldnt mind Benn. Graham isnt a 2nd rounder. See what I mean? These people are the same caliber of players available at 25.

Ill forgive Ozzie if tomorrow's selections involve:

TE Rob Grownkowski
DE Everson Griffen
DL Alex Carrington
WR Eric Decker
WR Damian Williams
WR Arrelious Benn
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Hypothetical question obviously, but do you guys think you had Dez or Kyle Wilson rated higher? Do you also think us jumping you to take Dez had anything to do with a trade down?

I wasn't sure if Baltimore was eyeing BPA, one of the top 2 WR's, or defensive help. I was silenting praying one of Kyle Wilson or Dez fell into our laps as well, Wilson is going to be a stud and it sucks he gets to go to NY who continues to stock up on defensive talent.
I just read somewhere that Ozzie was going to trade down regardless of if Dez was available or not. I find that REALLY hard to believe, but he traded down with Kyle Wilson still available so anythig is possible.

and yeah, I'm really getting jealous of what the Jets are doing.

Quote:
Most of the guys you named are significant downgrades from what would of been available at 25. If we spend a 2nd on either Ghee or Murphy, Ill be upset. I really dont like Ghee and I dont think Murphy is even a solid 2nd rounder. Carrington Id like, but only at 57. Kindle, Griffen, and Cody wont last until 43, absolutely not. Brian Price doesnt make any sense at all and his stock is falling faster then mercury, he may not even end up in the 2nd. Dunlap? Really? Hes falling faster then Price.

Gronkowski I love, and if he isnt one of the 2nd round picks tomorrow Ill be pretty upset. LaFell is going to bust, although I wouldnt mind Benn. Graham isnt a 2nd rounder. See what I mean? These people are the same caliber of players available at 25.

Ill forgive Ozzie if tomorrow's selections involve:

TE Rob Grownkowski
DE Everson Griffen
DL Alex Carrington
WR Eric Decker
WR Damian Williams
WR Arrelious Benn
true, I guess you wanted that #1 star instead of a bunch of potential starters, but let's see what Ozzie can come out with before calling him out for this trade.

I pray that he'll land some solid contributors on defense, and maybe a project WR as well. Definitely excited for tomorrow, but again, if we pull a "paul kruger" type pick, I'll be pissed as hell.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this trade. this is how we can draft,

2nd(a)-Joseph ECU
2nd(b)-Gronkowski TE
3rd-Cox CB
4th-Mike Williams

if that happens I would take that over Bryant or anyone else at 25
Old 04-23-2010, 07:13 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Dez Bryant wont get out of the top 10, and I havent heard any of this "talk" of yours. He looked chiselled and in shape at the combine, and the game film speaks for itself. In fact, Everything Ive heard suggests hes a legitimate option for the Bucs at #3, so I dont know where you are getting your information, but I would be willing to bet just about anything that Arrelious Benn does not go before Dez Bryant come draft day. I also guarantee that barring a ridiculous trade up, Bryant wont be a Raven. There is absolutely, 100% no way that he falls to 25, unless he publicly comes out and announces that he suffocates babies in his spare time.
Ummm I just wanted to call this out... and I was waiting for this day to come... Thank You to A P S for being the only other one I read out there in our forum that shared that same sentiment as I did early on. I do think he will be a stud in the league but Dallas has some work to do to make that happen.

Plus I think the haters that wanted us to stay at #25 and not respect what Ozzie did will see a few years down the line that we made the right move to add depth and talent rather than one star possibly. If we pick up a Chris Cook in the back half of the 2nd or in the 3rd somehow that would be a great pick up. Or a Taylor Mays, Terrence Cody, Golden Tate (whom most wanted us to pick in the 1st rd) Sergio Kindle, Chris Jones. There are plenty of good prospects to draft still and now we have an opportunity to address several players and 2 just today not to mention we could trade again today and pick up an additional 2nd rd pick or even picks next year when we undoubtedly by older on Defense when the prospects in LB and DB are better than there are this year.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 of the following in preference order would be great today

lamar houston d.t. texas...dudes a beast!
golden tate w.r. n.d.
brandon ghee c.b. wake
rob grankowski t.e. arizona
alex carrington d.t.
arthur jones d.t. syracuse
amari spievey c.b. iowa

NO to linval joseph and terrence cody...ngata already mans the "big" 3-4 d.e. spot or the 4-3 n.t. spot if we go that way....we need more of a pass rushing 3-4 d.e./4-3 u.t..

also NO to any smaller c.b. ....we need a guy with size....and i dont think we need a w.r. unless its tate who compliments boldin perfectly and can return kicks.

Last edited by roscoesdad27 : 04-23-2010 at 07:33 AM.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:56 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I think we probably had Dez higher than Wilson but the local radio is saying Ozzie was trading down regardless if Dez Bryant was there or not.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a move up with those two seconds. JMO.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it would take both second round picks to move up 10 spots at the most.

I liked the trade down, even with Wilson and Odrick still on the board. Gronkowski seems like a likely target for us today, perhaps one of the receivers. There's still quite a few guys I like left and day 2 sure is more interesting now :).
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

A part of me feels that Gronk could be available WAY later. Not like round 7 or anything, but maybe 3-4. I guess there are a lot of concerns of his back.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really like lamar houston....very comparable to odrick.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I don't think it would take both second round picks to move up 10 spots at the most.

I liked the trade down, even with Wilson and Odrick still on the board. Gronkowski seems like a likely target for us today, perhaps one of the receivers. There's still quite a few guys I like left and day 2 sure is more interesting now :).
Gut feeling alert: We will take Arrelious Benn or Golden Tate with our first pick today.

Also heres a quote from Ozzie that confirms what I was saying earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie Newsome
As it stands right now, that offer was so good that if Dez Bryant doesn't get picked and makes it to us, we probably would have still made the trade, We had a chance to move up to that spot to get Dez Bryant and we decided against it.
Some other interesting info:

Quote:
"Draft picks are a little bit like currency," Ravens director of player personnel Eric DeCosta said. "We have more money now to pick. We're excited, but there is a little bit of uneasiness because we don't know who we're going to get. I thought I was going to be able to sleep tonight knowing who our first-round pick was." Moving out of the first round for the first time in team history took some salesmanship from general manager Ozzie Newsome.

He talked to the three teams with multiple picks in the second round (Denver, New England and Tampa Bay) two weeks ago. On Wednesday, he had a "serious conversation" with the Broncos and then received their first offer Thursday morning.

Newsome then waited during the draft to call back Denver and asked the Broncos if they could improve on their offer. And they did. "We sat there and the offer got better," Newsome said. "I guess they had their mind set on getting their quarterback."
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...e-dan-williams