Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-23-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
A part of me feels that Gronk could be available WAY later. Not like round 7 or anything, but maybe 3-4. I guess there are a lot of concerns of his back.
IDK, I've read that the opinions on him from different teams are REALLY diverse. Some say he'll have a shortened career, some say he's just fine. I can't remember where I read it, but I think it was from Pro Football Talk. He is the prototypical Ravens TE though. Big, good hands, and is an injury concern ;).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

43) lamar houston
57) ghee or grankowski
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a trade down is possible:

Quote:
On Friday, it will be the Ravens' turn to improve with three picks (two in the second round and one in the third). But Newsome said the Ravens have already had one call from a team wanting to move up to their first pick in the second round.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...dan-williams/2

Also apparently we tried trading back into the 1st round to select Jerry Hughes but the Colts took him. Wonder if we have interest in Kindle?

Last edited by ccB : 04-23-2010 at 10:05 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After sleeping on this trade, my only complaint is that we were involved in Tebow being a first rounder.

Other then that I still have no qualms about it. Ozzie was going to get his picks back and improved then 3rd and 4th used in the Quan trade. Not only that but by not drafting in the 1st it saves the team money which will be needed to resign Ngata and likely Gaither. I know there's no CBA but I can't see a new agreement being reached without a salary cap included.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
After sleeping on this trade, my only complaint is that we were involved in Tebow being a first rounder.

Other then that I still have no qualms about it. Ozzie was going to get his picks back and improved then 3rd and 4th used in the Quan trade. Not only that but by not drafting in the 1st it saves the team money which will be needed to resign Ngata and likely Gaither. I know there's no CBA but I can't see a new agreement being reached without a salary cap included.
yeah we got tremendous value back and there are still a lot of really good players out there. After Thomas, Gresham, and Bryant all went off the board, a trade back is what I wanted to see happen. There are so many different directions we could go in the 2nd round, I'm very excited to see how this all unfolds.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we could target these players in the second round:

CB - Chris Cook, Jerome Murphy, Brandon Ghee, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, and an outside chance on Cox and Arenas.

TE - Rob Gronkowski, maybe Jimmy Graham.

WR - Arrelious Benn, Golden Tate, Brandon LaFell, Damian Williams :).

DT - Linval Joseph, Lamarr Houston, Brian Price, Terrence Cody :(.

DE - Everson Griffen, Corey Wooten, Alex Carrington, Carlos Dunlap :(.

S - Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Nate Allen, Chad Jones.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
yeah we got tremendous value back and there are still a lot of really good players out there. After Thomas, Gresham, and Bryant all went off the board, a trade back is what I wanted to see happen. There are so many different directions we could go in the 2nd round, I'm very excited to see how this all unfolds.
Pretty much my sentiment to a T.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanna trade your first second to the Steelers?
Old 04-23-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wanna trade your first second to the Steelers?
Sure, Woodley would be fine compensation ;).
Old 04-23-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Sure, Woodley would be fine compensation ;).
We'll give you Willie ***.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We'll give you Willie ***.
Nah, we don't need a corner worse than Frank Walker. Honestly I don't see the two teams making a deal.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Willie *** is actually solid if you don't start him. I don't think we'll trade either.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Ummm I just wanted to call this out... and I was waiting for this day to come... Thank You to A P S for being the only other one I read out there in our forum that shared that same sentiment as I did early on. I do think he will be a stud in the league but Dallas has some work to do to make that happen.

Plus I think the haters that wanted us to stay at #25 and not respect what Ozzie did will see a few years down the line that we made the right move to add depth and talent rather than one star possibly. If we pick up a Chris Cook in the back half of the 2nd or in the 3rd somehow that would be a great pick up. Or a Taylor Mays, Terrence Cody, Golden Tate (whom most wanted us to pick in the 1st rd) Sergio Kindle, Chris Jones. There are plenty of good prospects to draft still and now we have an opportunity to address several players and 2 just today not to mention we could trade again today and pick up an additional 2nd rd pick or even picks next year when we undoubtedly by older on Defense when the prospects in LB and DB are better than there are this year.
I fully admit to being wrong about Dez Bryant's draft position, but it doesnt change my views on him as a player. I had him ranked as the #3 player in this draft right up until yesterday, and I think getting him at 24 was absolutely ridiculous value. Ive no problem admitting I was wrong there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I fully admit to being wrong about Dez Bryant's draft position, but it doesnt change my views on him as a player. I had him ranked as the #3 player in this draft right up until yesterday, and I think getting him at 24 was absolutely ridiculous value. Ive no problem admitting I was wrong there.
History has proven you're wrong more than you're right, so can we take it down a few notches with the whole "We aren't doing it right!" rant. Just sit back, and see what happens, and see how these players we end up taking develop before we call for the front offices heads, because end of the day they know more than we do.

Last edited by ccB : 04-23-2010 at 12:57 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
History has proven you're wrong more than you're right, so can we take it down a few notches with the whole "We aren't doing it right!" rant. Just sit back, and see what happens, and see how these players we end up taking develop before we call for the front offices heads, because end of the day they know more than we do.
But he ran the forum mocks for the Ravens and flooded this sub forum with his analysis and diatribes on why he was right?????????

All kidding aside, I'm excited about tonight and can see more wheeling and dealing done by Ozzie and crew. In fact I love DeCosta's decisions in scouting and feel his board will prove right in this draft.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-23-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I'm calling another trade down, if Terrance Cody is at our pick someone will want him more than we do and we will pick up more picks.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm calling another trade down, if Terrance Cody is at our pick someone will want him more than we do and we will pick up more picks.
Again I agree totally. Honestly thinking about our pressing needs in this draft it has to be CB. I know some will argue pass rush, but we have guys on this team that have done it on some level before and should get the opportunity to again. If you look quickly at the top 3 corners on this team, and lets face it you need 3 quality corners in this league today, its in no order Washington, Webb, and Foxworth. Well that would be ok if 2/3's weren't coming off of ACL tears. Gotta get some depth for corner because Washington is in his last year of his contract so he's going to fight to be out there. Webb is the future and a weapon in coverage and special teams so there isn't a need to rush him back for this year.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-23-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dream mock would be Arrelious Benn at 43 and Chris Cook at 57 or whatever the pick is.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Dream mock would be Arrelious Benn at 43 and Chris Cook at 57 or whatever the pick is.
Benn is probably the #1 player on my big board right now, if we took Benn + Ghee with our 2nd's I'd be ******* ecstatic. We would have made out like thieves in the night if we pulled that off because...

Benn + 3rd + 4th > Dez Bryant - what we would have given up to trade up.

I have a gut feeling Terrance Cody becomes a Raven today.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Terrence Cody, Chris Cook, Mardy Gilyard, Taylor Mays or Carlos Dunlap would be the players I was aiming for tonight...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I wish Safety was more of a pressing need because both Chad Jones and Taylor Mays are freaks of nature and I'd love to have them on this team.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
RavensInsider

Some names to keep in mind for the Ravens today: Chris Cook, Terrence Cody, Rob Gronkowski, Arrelious Benn, Carlton Mitchell, Jimmy Graham
I'd like any of those players except for Cody.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Benn! Benn! Benn! Benn! Benn! Benn! Benn! Benn!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Joseph from ECU, he is a freak athlete but he has the Ravens attitude as well and that would be great to pair him up w/ Ngata. He is big not Cody big but he is big enough to be a run stuffer and he is really explosive. I would like this draft....

43-Joseph
57-Cook
3rd-Mitchell
4th-Graham or Mike WIlliams
Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Benn will last until our pick, I except him to go within the next 5 picks of the draft. Guys I wouldnt mind as of today:

TE Rob Gronkowski
DE Alex Carrington
WR Damian Williams
CB Chris Cook
WR Eric Decker
DE Eric Norwood
DE Everson Griffen
WR Andre Roberts
S Nate Allen
S Morgan Burnett

I really believe Carlton Mitchell is going to bust. If we are going after a 3rd round WR, Id much rather have Eric Decker or Andre Roberts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote