Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-24-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure he could play but I don't think Yanda could be a good center at all. Doesn't have that center of gravity(no pun intended) required to play the position. IMO I have always been a fan of Yanda at RT. Maybe David Hale could player center.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im really starting to wonder if we will even try to retain Brown. Wtih all the talk about re-signing Suggs, Lewis and Scott, I think alot of people are forgeting about Jason Brown. CAN we even do it? if we give Lewis a deal and tag Suggs?
Old 01-24-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Im really starting to wonder if we will even try to retain Brown. Wtih all the talk about re-signing Suggs, Lewis and Scott, I think alot of people are forgeting about Jason Brown. CAN we even do it? if we give Lewis a deal and tag Suggs?
Im starting to realize Brown might be the only guy we retain. He seems to be a more signable player for us, where Ray is gonna go to Dallas and Suggs to the highest bidder which wont be us.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imo for the team of those 4 guys the 3 LB's and Brown I think Brown is the second most important and a close one. In terms of ability he is the most important of the FA's as he's young, already out best o-lineman, and anchors the line. Ray would be #1 because IMO this defense takes so many steps back if he's gone because of his leadership. Suggs is so talented and he's real good but much easier to replace him. Maybe won't have someone as good, but can still have a high level performer. Bart Scott I think is completely replaceable. Tavares Gooden will be better!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Imo for the team of those 4 guys the 3 LB's and Brown I think Brown is the second most important and a close one. In terms of ability he is the most important of the FA's as he's young, already out best o-lineman, and anchors the line. Ray would be #1 because IMO this defense takes so many steps back if he's gone because of his leadership. Suggs is so talented and he's real good but much easier to replace him. Maybe won't have someone as good, but can still have a high level performer. Bart Scott I think is completely replaceable. Tavares Gooden will be better!!!
My thoughts exactly. I can't really see Ray going anywhere. Jason Brown will probably be franchised, and he would be the cheapest one to use it on.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

If anything I see us franchising Stover... why spend that kind of cash on a guy that would cost us several million for one year on brown when that number would be much less on a kicker and we are only have him for another season or 2...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see us franchiseing Stover if we already re-signed the other guys. But if we franchise Stover and let Suggs,Lewis,or brown go I would be pissed.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Well I don't think we use our franchise tag early I think we will save it as a last stop gap at an impasse in our talks with Suggs or Lewis... Scott I don't think we will have a a problem signing.. he reminds me of Ed Hartwell. I think he will see that leaving is not the best option and that his great performance is only great because he has HOFers around him helping make him look better, he could stay in the league longer playing in Baltimore then he could jumping ship and going to somewhere like Oakland, Miami, NY Jets, NO, KC or some other team that isn't in contention for a Super Bowl and that is in need of a decent LB and would overpay to get his type of performance..
Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...n-Iglesias.php

he sounds like a Dmase clone. I would love him but we don't really need that WR since Clayton would fill that role
Old 01-26-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Agree we don't need another Mason or Clayton we need someone with Figurs speed and the size of Ernie Wheelright and the hands of Mason !!!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Carr, SEMINOLE PRIDE!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Agree we don't need another Mason or Clayton we need someone with Figurs speed and the size of Ernie Wheelright and the hands of Mason !!!
I don't think Randy Moss is on the market lol. I think WR should be our pick in the first. By our pick Jenkins, Davis, Moore, and Smith will probably be gone, with Smith being the most likely to be there. IMO there will be a corner in the second round (Francies, Mickens, Harris, etc.) that could all develop into pretty good corners on our team. I don't think there are many WR's that I could say the same about. Nicks, Heyward-Bey, and Britt (two of the three) could be there when we pick and IMO any of those would be more of an impact on our team than Alphonso Smith (who is the only corner I expect to be there at our pick, with teams like DET, NE, MIA, and MIN all possibly looking for corner help in the first. I say we go WR in the first, and that is a strange thing to hear myself say...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I don't think Randy Moss is on the market lol. I think WR should be our pick in the first. By our pick Jenkins, Davis, Moore, and Smith will probably be gone, with Smith being the most likely to be there. IMO there will be a corner in the second round (Francies, Mickens, Harris, etc.) that could all develop into pretty good corners on our team. I don't think there are many WR's that I could say the same about. Nicks, Heyward-Bey, and Britt (two of the three) could be there when we pick and IMO any of those would be more of an impact on our team than Alphonso Smith (who is the only corner I expect to be there at our pick, with teams like DET, NE, MIA, and MIN all possibly looking for corner help in the first. I say we go WR in the first, and that is a strange thing to hear myself say...
LOL Moss would be a dream !! Hey maybe we can get Plax?!?!?!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

IDK if we would go after Plax, I would accept him but he would want big $ and is a 31 year old WR. Plus Harbuagh seems to be a high character guy IDK if he would want Plax
Old 01-27-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
IDK if we would go after Plax, I would accept him but he would want big $ and is a 31 year old WR. Plus Harbuagh seems to be a high character guy IDK if he would want Plax
I don't think we would go after him either.. but we need a front line WR...

Who else is out there that we could get??
Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wont we get a comp pick for Devard Darling, wasn't his contract with the Chiefs rather large?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-28-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

3 Years 5 mil.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
3 Years 5 mil.
Oh my bad, thought it was larger. I remember thinking wow Im glad we didnt give him that, so I thought it was in the double digit mils.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 01-29-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

What about Victor Butler.. he wasn't on my radar but he was on Mel Kipers' board as a late round gem.. he would be a great addition as a back up for Suggs and Johnson and allow us to let get Suggs and Barnes on the same side of the field with a guy like Butler maybe on the other side.. QB's wouldn't be standing very long?!
Old 01-29-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Tarvares Gooden play at ILB?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Can Tarvares Gooden play at ILB?
Yes that's probably where his future lies with us, or at least as long as we primarily run our defense out of a 3-4 set.

And ERU are we still on about firing Ozzie Newsome a getting a new owner or have you just not changed your sig? Because Ozzie and Bisciotti are about as good as it gets right now, and Ozzie continued to prove that with last year's personnel decisions.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 01-29-2009 at 05:41 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Biscotti has been good, but I am a little worried he becomes a hands on owner when he isn't qualified for that.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

If Ravens lose Jason Brown I think we have 2 options. Draft Alex Mack in the first or Edwin Williams in the 3rd. Would love Williams but if our targeted WR's and Corners are gone I would love Mack. He's a real mauler who has all pro potential at the center position.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Biscotti has been good, but I am a little worried he becomes a hands on owner when he isn't qualified for that.
I'm not worried in the least...He's a savvy guy and thus far he's had the perfect amount of involvement in the franchise. He knows how to run things and he's been doing an outstanding job.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
I'm not worried in the least...He's a savvy guy and thus far he's had the perfect amount of involvement in the franchise. He knows how to run things and he's been doing an outstanding job.
Yeah but he doesn't need to throw in his 2 cents on the upcoming contract discussions with Ray Ray. Just my opinion

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote