Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing w/ Kruger is that we are trying to get him to bulk up to 34 DE. He still is 2 small to play that. We will see how he does. Im not saying he is the next Aaron Smith but I will never understand ERU bizarre hatred for him since day 1.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the hatred. It was a bad pick. It was bad value, bad fit schematically, bad everything really. The pick should have been Sean Smith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree I wanted Smith to but if he can get to 34 DE size, w/ his motor he could be solid. But still I would take Cam Jordan if he is at our pick
Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Jordan is going top 12, possibly even top 8 in this draft. Give up hope people, he isn't going to be a Raven. Cam Heyward and JJ Watt are much more realistic options for us.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

now that I think about it before we go Dline what got to figure out what system are we gonna run. Has Pagano said if we will go 34 or 43? I have not heard anything but I assume we will stick to 34
Old 01-27-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Cam Jordan is going top 12, possibly even top 8 in this draft. Give up hope people, he isn't going to be a Raven. Cam Heyward and JJ Watt are much more realistic options for us.
If those are going to be our options (I agree that they are), I'm not sure how much we should be looking into that position. Redding was solid for us this season, and while we do need to get somebody that could be a future starter for us, I don't know if either Heyward or Watt are the type of guy we need. We're not exactly lacking at depth for the 5-technique either, or any of the 3-man line spots for that matter.

If Mattison was still around I would say that we should be looking heavily into a pass-rushing DE of any sort, now I'm not so sure. Pagano hasn't really said anything about what he's going to do scheme-wise but I'd assume we will still use a hybrid base. It's the philosophy behind the scheme that I'm interested in. If Pagano is more aggressive then I think we need to look for a pass-rushing 3-4 OLB, if not then we still need a pass-rushing DE.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I understand the hatred. It was a bad pick. It was bad value, bad fit schematically, bad everything really. The pick should have been Sean Smith.
I agree that it was a bad pick, but Smith hasn't been anything special either.

I know hindsights 20-20, but Mike Wallace should of been the pick. Plus back to back Ole Miss players = win.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pick should have been Michael Johnson!! And exactly what plays has Kruger made? He had one play against a 3rd string QB, other than that what has he done? Absolutely nothing. And the hatred is more for Ozzie Newsome than Kruger, cause it's not Paul Kruger's fault that our GM values effort more so than talent.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I agree that it was a bad pick, but Smith hasn't been anything special either.

I know hindsights 20-20, but Mike Wallace should of been the pick. Plus back to back Ole Miss players = win.
Smith hasn't been anything special in Miami. No telling what he could have done here with his physical skillset, playing in a backfield with Reed, a standard and tradition of good defense...
Quote:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

hindsight is 20/20 Im going to see how Kruger does at a 34 DE playing weight before I write him off.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Smith hasn't been anything special in Miami. No telling what he could have done here with his physical skillset, playing in a backfield with Reed, a standard and tradition of good defense...
You're right. We may never know, but the Dolphins have a damn good defense as well.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So let's take Torrey Smith at 26. Sound good?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

My position needs

1)OLB/DE-Even if Kindle can play we will miss time due to that DUI and will probably be cast in the dog house for the rest of his time in Baltimore.
2)WR-We need youth and speed here desperatley
3)ILB-Ray wont be around forever, the only guy who can be a impact starter is in the doghouse for life. We can use someone here.
4)C-Birk wont be around forever, plus him botching that snap in pittsburgh is still tearing me up
5)CB-Fox may very well be a cap casualty, I dont think this is as big of a need as must ppl but we fcan use a young CB or two.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

If you don't think CB is our #1 need you are absolutely, 100% off your rocker. The only starting caliber guy we have on our team is Josh Wilson, and he's a UFA and a better #2 anyways. Webb is a nickel back who has major concentration lapses, Foxworth is a journeyman and isn't going to be a star anytime soon, and I doubt Washington is brought back. Our secondary was repeatedly torched and gave up huge second half leads this year and while part of it was due to a lack of pressure on Mattison's part, it's also because our corners couldn't stick to a receiver if they were glued to the back of their jersey. Jimmy Smith at 26 is looking really nice right about now.
Quote:
Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I dont think its a #1 need because the opponents quarterbacks had a 76.4 rating, which was the 5th best. the passed for only 6.4 attempts, and only pittsburgh was better at 6.3. All this while getting 0 pass rush because MAttison is a idiot. Plus we will get Fox back who shown flashes of being starter quaility. and Webb will have a full off season to train and not rehab. That isnt a bad group especially if we improve our pass rush. The pass D will improve to if we get a SS who can actually cover.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
If you don't think CB is our #1 need you are absolutely, 100% off your rocker. The only starting caliber guy we have on our team is Josh Wilson, and he's a UFA and a better #2 anyways. Webb is a nickel back who has major concentration lapses, Foxworth is a journeyman and isn't going to be a star anytime soon, and I doubt Washington is brought back. Our secondary was repeatedly torched and gave up huge second half leads this year and while part of it was due to a lack of pressure on Mattison's part, it's also because our corners couldn't stick to a receiver if they were glued to the back of their jersey. Jimmy Smith at 26 is looking really nice right about now.
We don't exactly have stars at CB, but when provided with an adequate a pass-rush, they looked pretty good. Is CB a need? Yes. But I wouldn't say its as big a need as a pass-rusher. Just look at the Steelers. Their secondary is right on our level if not lower, but the pass-rush makes them look better.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
No thank you. The only WR's worthy of 1st are Green and Jones.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:40 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
No thank you. The only WR's worthy of 1st are Green and Jones.
Not according to Kiper... if Smith runs a quality 40 time.. look for him to be a late 1st early 2nd at worst..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I like Torrey Smith, but Id much rather take someone like Jernigan or Titus Young in the second.
Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Torrey Smith, but Id much rather take someone like Jernigan or Titus Young in the second.
This. I must admit that Jernigan does make me nervous, with how raw he could be in knowing how to run the route tree he might not see a lot of time early on. Cameron surely wouldn't change up his scheme to fit the players.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Sounds pretty phenominal (spelling?) to me!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Not according to Kiper... if Smith runs a quality 40 time.. look for him to be a late 1st early 2nd at worst..
Only because of how weak the top class is. Smith is lucky Blackmon, Floyd, and Broyles decided to stay in school, because he wouldn't have even sniffed the first round if they were coming out.

We have too many needs to take a WR in the first, unless hes Green(top 5 pick) or Jones.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are my sleeper picks for the first round pick:

Marcus Cannon, Martez Wilson, Leonard Hankerson, Dontay Moch, Brandon Burton, Ahmad Black.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Here are my sleeper picks for the first round pick:

Marcus Cannon, Martez Wilson, Leonard Hankerson, Dontay Moch, Brandon Burton, Ahmad Black.
Given Ozzie's track record, I really doubt it will be one of those guys. Every one besides Cannon is a reach (especially Moch), and with the recent news that the Ravens could be interested in bringing back Gaither (link here) Taking anything besides a center wouldn't make much sense. Yanda will be back, I don't have any doubts about that, so we really would be set everywhere except center.

I will say it's really hard to predict the Ravens draft at the top. It seems like somebody falls every year that nobody expects and Ozzie just scoops him up.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree I am feeling we get the best DPOY with our first round pick.

Personally Im interested in Jon Baldwin WR out of PITT. Even though he probably hates us being born and raised in Pit. He has nice size and physical tools.