Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-14-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Houston or Brooks Reed? Im torn between these 2 guys, i want either one at 26.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either one would be great. I'd probably go with Houston first though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i love his natural athletic ability. But Brooks has more of a "play like a Ravens mentality" Both players had great 10 yard split which is key. I love how HOuston did great against the SEC comp.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Reed all the way for me. I like Houston, but him coming to combine at 270 does raise some question marks.

Reed is the beast pass-rusher we're looking for.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston also performed very well at 270, and he's every bit the beast of a pass-rusher that Reed is. I really don't think we can go wrong with either, but if Houston is on the board we'd have to go with him (if we're looking at a DE/OLB early on, which I suspect we are).

Kerrigan would also be a highly intriguing option if available, and I think he's more likely to be available than Houston. We're bringing him in for a workout as well, so I'm glad we're at least interested in him
Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@RavensInsider

Ravens LBs coach Dean Pees is set to meet with Georgia LB Justin Houston before his Pro Day next week.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Kerrigan as a raven would make me so happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I wont complain with either 3 but I doubt Kerrigan makes it to our pick. I like how Kiper compared Kerrigan to JJ. But I think Kerrigan will be a better version of him.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerrigan has a whole lot more natural ability that JJ. Remember, JJ played DT and End at Bama and was a 285 lb (5.0+ 40) 3-4 DE for us before making the move to OLB. Kerrigan has got speed and a repertoire of rush moves already, so I think he could instantly upgrade our 3rd down pass rush if we drafted him.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think any of these 3 prospects and even Kindle will instantly improve our pass rush. That and Mattison game throwing ass getting out of here helps to
Old 03-15-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else as happy as I am that Ahmad Black seems to be falling and we could maybe scoop him up as late as rd 6....Ahmad Black though undersized is a guy I would love to see us add to help with safety depth.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Kerrigan can't play OLB, and is too small to play DE in a 3-4. The last thing I want is another Kruger situation. I'd rather go for Reed and Houston.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Is anyone else as happy as I am that Ahmad Black seems to be falling and we could maybe scoop him up as late as rd 6....Ahmad Black though undersized is a guy I would love to see us add to help with safety depth.
I love Black, and there is zero chance he falls to the 6th, unless he kills somebody.

I think he falls to the 4th at worst. His game tape is way too good for him to get passed that. I would take him in the 3rd just to be safe.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Kerrigan is probably the worst fit as a OLB out of Houston, Reed and himself, but I don't think that means he can't play it. He's definitely not a 3-4 end, I don't think anybody's ever said anything about that, but he could play 4-3 end. We would be able to field Suggs, Kerrigan, and possibly Kindle at the same time. I like that idea a lot, but you could sub Houston or Reed in for Kerrigan and I'd feel the same.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I love Black, and there is zero chance he falls to the 6th, unless he kills somebody.

I think he falls to the 4th at worst. His game tape is way too good for him to get passed that. I would take him in the 3rd just to be safe.
I agree there is no way he should fall past the 4th but for some reason alot of scouts don't value him at all. It boggles my mind just like how scouts completely dropped Brandon Spikes out of favor because of a bad 40 time. It's ridiculous the game tape should be the first thing you value as a scout and it often is not.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only reed.
Kerrigan is a hustle run stuffing type guy, like JJ
we need an explosive pass rushing animal, like Reed.
Houston is good, but he'll take time.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
only reed.
Kerrigan is a hustle run stuffing type guy, like JJ
we need an explosive pass rushing animal, like Reed.
Houston is good, but he'll take time.
Except for the that he's much better at pass rushing than he is against the run.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I agree there is no way he should fall past the 4th but for some reason alot of scouts don't value him at all. It boggles my mind just like how scouts completely dropped Brandon Spikes out of favor because of a bad 40 time. It's ridiculous the game tape should be the first thing you value as a scout and it often is not.
I agree i wouldnt complain w/ Black as a 2nd rounder. Dude is just a baller
Old 03-15-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerrigan is a much better athlete then JJ. Kerrigan is going to be consistently sold short athletically but he's a hell of an athlete and an even better football player. I think he's a better prospect then Houston or Reed.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Kerrigan might be a better prospect overall, but he doesn't come close to Reed and Houston as a 3-4 OLB imo.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Kerrigan might be a better prospect overall, but he doesn't come close to Reed and Houston as a 3-4 OLB imo.
Then you aren't watching enough tape. Kerrigan is much more polished as a pass rusher then both of them, regardless of where he's lining up. He's explosive, fluid, and has a wider variety of pass rush moves then both Houston and Reed. He most definitely can play 3-4 OLB and I think he'd be a fantastic player there. He's not Paul Kruger, who got by on motor and who we wanted to convert to 5 tech. Kerrigan is going to be a stud pass rusher in the NFL. Not saying Houston or Reed aren't, but saying Kerrigan doesn't come close to them as a rush backer is just plain wrong.
Quote:
Old 03-16-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Then you aren't watching enough tape. Kerrigan is much more polished as a pass rusher then both of them, regardless of where he's lining up. He's explosive, fluid, and has a wider variety of pass rush moves then both Houston and Reed. He most definitely can play 3-4 OLB and I think he'd be a fantastic player there. He's not Paul Kruger, who got by on motor and who we wanted to convert to 5 tech. Kerrigan is going to be a stud pass rusher in the NFL. Not saying Houston or Reed aren't, but saying Kerrigan doesn't come close to them as a rush backer is just plain wrong.
Read my post again....

The word pass-rush was never mentioned. As a 3-4 OLB, you can't tell me Kerrigan is a better option than Houston and Reed.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I'll just post these as they come up.

@RavensInsider

Source: Ravens, Rams to work out Baylor offensive lineman Danny Watkins on Wednesday
Old 03-16-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm re-working my mock draft and struggling with your 2nd round pick. If you can give me any insight as to what you'd be looking for at 58 I'd appreciate it. I've got Torrey Smith still going to you guys at 26.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

We need help everywhere, really. I could honestly see us targeting WR, OL, DL, ILB, OLB, and CB in this upcoming draft. With Baltimore, it's usually a case of BPA. We definitely trend towards value...you can't go wrong with whoever is BPA at one of the aforementioned positions.
Quote: