Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah we have a lot of options this year in the draft. I don't really like it :(. Right now I think our needs/high round options look like this, in no particular order:

WR: Speed and size on the outside is needed.

OT: Depends on what happens with Gaither, but could be a big need.

OG: Again depends on what happens with Gaither, although if Yanda is brought back as expected this probably isn;t a need unless we want to keep
him at RT.

C: Birk is in his last year next season, and his play has regressed.

DE: We need a guy that can play end in both the 3-4 and 4-3, somebody that's good at getting to the QB is preferred. Depth isn't an issue here or at
DT.

OLB: The pass rush was terrible last season and it hasn't been good for a while. We need a threat opposite of Suggs.

ILB: A whole lot of meh besides Lewis right now. The young guys are nice depth, but I'm not enthused about any one of them starting.

CB: We need a big corner that can play man in coverage. A lot to ask, but it's what we're missing.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the input guys! What are your views on Allen Bailey?
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm personally not a fan, but I know some Ravens fans like the fit. I think he's a man without a position in the NFL, but I'm also willing to acknowledge the extreme lack of coaching he was given at Miami. I don't see the explosion on tape, but it's there when he works out. Take it for what its worth. Could just be that he hasn't been taught how to react to snap counts, or he may well be the workout warrior he's long been lauded as. I wouldn't draft him, but I wouldn't put it past the Ravens. We do love Miami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'm personally not a fan, but I know some Ravens fans like the fit. I think he's a man without a position in the NFL, but I'm also willing to acknowledge the extreme lack of coaching he was given at Miami. I don't see the explosion on tape, but it's there when he works out. Take it for what its worth. Could just be that he hasn't been taught how to react to snap counts, or he may well be the workout warrior he's long been lauded as. I wouldn't draft him, but I wouldn't put it past the Ravens. We do love Miami.
We've drafted five players from Miami: Ray Lewis, Duane Starks, Richard Mercier, Ed Reed, and Tavares Gooden. Lewis and Reed are HoF quality, but the rest... meh. I wouldn't use going to Miami as any indication that we favor a guy from there.

Anyways, Bailey is an interesting pick. I wouldn't mind him in the second, and he does fit the mold of being able to play DE in both schemes, but like APS said he's never showed any kind of explosiveness on tape. Since he's been able to show it in workouts I think it could be a coaching issue, but it's still a big concern.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I would give Bailey serious consideration in the 2nd, and would take him without very little hesitation in the 3rd.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bailey is slower then sin off of the snap. that is my biggest worry w/ him.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Bailey is slower then sin off of the snap. that is my biggest worry w/ him.
That worries me as well, but I love his potential. A guy that size just shouldn't be able to move like that.

Plus, he was considered a top 20 talent just a couple months ago. He seems like an excellent value in the 2nd or 3rd. I would honestly take him over Ballard, whose extremely overrated at the moment.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya he has the the "Ravens attitude" to go along w/ great numbers. If he is at our 2nd im sure we will jump all over it. I doubt we go for him in the first though
Old 03-19-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 12 Most Realistic 1st round possibilites.
WR - Torrey Smith, Jon Baldwin.
OT: Anthony Castanzo, Nate Solder.
DE: Cam Heyward, Cam Jordan, JJ Watt.
OLB: Brooks Reed, Justin Houston.
ILB: Martez Wilson.
CB: Aaron Williams, Jimmy Smith.
- My top 3 is;
3) Cam Jordan
2) Aaron Williams
1) Brooks Reed
Old 03-19-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of those 12, I think JJ Watt and Cam Jordan are by far the best players. If we got either of those or Jimmy Smith, I'd be incredibly excited.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All those DE's will be long gone, Heyward is the only possibility because of his injuries issues, but even he I think will go top 25. Jordan and Watt are top 15 picks. Jimmy Smith in the first is still a possibility but the Ravens might be one of the teams who have dropped him off of their draft boards because of character concerns. I think a linebacker would be the best way to go round 1.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

At this point, it looks like Smith could be had in the 2nd. I'd trade down if we wanted him.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooks Reed, Terrell Suggs and Haloti Ngata collapsing the pocket would be a freekin nightmare. Also, Nate Irving WILL be a Raven. If there's anybody who could successfully take over the Ray Lewis legacy, it'd be Irving. I predict us snatching him up in round 3, but jesus christ, Irving is the most intense run stuffer I've seen since EJ Henderson
Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

I was on the Brooks Reed bandwagon along time ago. I remember people saying I was reaching, when I had him in the top of round 2.

At this point, I'd love to see us take him in the 1st.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're having Muhammed Wilkerson in for a private workout.

At this point, I'm thinking we go with the highest rated front seven player on the board.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Wilkerson isn't exactly the edge threat we need/think we need. I like him as a prospect a lot, but similar to Brandon Harris I'm not sure how much he would improve the play of the defense.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Wilkerson isn't exactly the edge threat we need/think we need. I like him as a prospect a lot, but similar to Brandon Harris I'm not sure how much he would improve the play of the defense.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say here...
Old 03-22-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott's mock has us taking Brandon Harris and Leonard Hankerson in round 2. Thoughts?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Worse things could happen. Two Miami players who seem to fit what we like to do, and apparently we were talking to Hank at the Senior Bowl. Im still a little iffy on Harris, he seems like the kind of CB we already have on our roster...He doesnt scream #1 to me like a Jimmy Smith does.
Quote:
Old 03-22-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree w/ APS opinion. Also im iffy on Hankerson, yes the talent is there that he can become a good possesion WR but his lack of ability to get seperation makes me nervous
Old 03-22-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I really like Hank. I'd probably prefer someone like Titus Young in the second, but we tend to really shy away from that sort of receiver. If we do take one, I think a Torrey Smith or Leonard Hankerson are the kind of guy we target.
Quote:
Old 03-22-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I don't really understand what you're trying to say here...
I like him as a conventional 5-technique, but we don't really need a conventional 5-technique if we use the position opposite of Ngata like we have the past few years. It's the same with Harris, I like him as a prospect but we don't need another corner in his mold.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I really like Hank. I'd probably prefer someone like Titus Young in the second, but we tend to really shy away from that sort of receiver. If we do take one, I think a Torrey Smith or Leonard Hankerson are the kind of guy we target.
Hankerson is my favorite player in the draft. Obviously not the best, but I just like the way he plays. I watched some videos of his workouts and he seems like a good guy for the locker room. So I would be thrilled if we got him but I'm biased.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I like him as a conventional 5-technique, but we don't really need a conventional 5-technique if we use the position opposite of Ngata like we have the past few years. It's the same with Harris, I like him as a prospect but we don't need another corner in his mold.
I know size helps, but you can't assume he wont be a #1 CB just because our small CB's haven't shown the ability. Brandon Harris: 5-10 give or take(reportedly)

Revis: 5-11
McCourty: 5-10
Flowers: 5-9
Grimes: 5-10
McKelvin: 5-10
Hall & Joseph: 5-11
Tramon Williams: 5-11
Greer: 5-11

Now would you not take any of these CB's if they were available? With your argument, these guys don't fit the "mold" we're looking for. Especially guys like Flowers, McCourty, who would be considered puny if they were in the draft this year.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I don't think Harris is the type of corner that can match up with bigger receivers, it isn't just that he's small (officially 5'9 191 at the combine). Our corners haven't been able to do so either, it's not that their small but they're just not the type of corners that match up well with big receivers. Harris doesn't have abnormally long arms to make up for his height either. He just seems to be more of the same for us.

Most of the guys on your list are all suited to play well against big receivers, with McCourty, Grimes, and Greer the exceptions (I'd only take McCourty out of those three anyways).