Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-16-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jimmy Smith to the Ravens if he falls to them. Him, Wilson and Webb could be a formidable trio.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Some 7 rounders from the team's website.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...nd-mock-draft/
I like the first one except for Pouncey but he's got some of his player values wrong IMO. I highly doubt that Greg Romeus is there at the end of the 5th or Jah Reid is still there in the 6th
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Romeus maybe being there, but Reid seems like a solid 4th or 5th round pick at this point. Romeus isn't really a good fit for us anyways IMO, he's more of a "true" 4-3 DE that doesn't translate well to 3-4 OLB or our hybrid LDE/5-technique. I'm slightly surprised that he went with Pouncey at 26 though. Not necessarily a bad pick but one that could be used to address a more important need/position. Of course he's most likely the BPA at that point and it would be an Ozzie kind of pick...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I could see Romeus maybe being there, but Reid seems like a solid 4th or 5th round pick at this point. Romeus isn't really a good fit for us anyways IMO, he's more of a "true" 4-3 DE that doesn't translate well to 3-4 OLB or our hybrid LDE/5-technique. I'm slightly surprised that he went with Pouncey at 26 though. Not necessarily a bad pick but one that could be used to address a more important need/position. Of course he's most likely the BPA at that point and it would be an Ozzie kind of pick...
Pouncey is not a bad choice but I think we are going to see several good players available from our big board in my opinion.

I don't see any of the highly rated OT's being there.

Nor do I see as many trades happening with the 1st and 2nd rds with free agency not happening before the draft the implied value of the picks will be that much more as. So teams wanting to move back like we did last year and pick up a bunch of picks from it won't happen.

I could see us moving back and trying to pick up a #1 next year so that maybe we have the ability to move up instead of moving back all the time.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Pouncey is not a bad choice but I think we are going to see several good players available from our big board in my opinion.

I don't see any of the highly rated OT's being there.

Nor do I see as many trades happening with the 1st and 2nd rds with free agency not happening before the draft the implied value of the picks will be that much more as. So teams wanting to move back like we did last year and pick up a bunch of picks from it won't happen.

I could see us moving back and trying to pick up a #1 next year so that maybe we have the ability to move up instead of moving back all the time.
I love this idea. I only wish we did it last year with Denver. I'd take that #2 pick over Kindle, Dickson, and Pitta easily.

Could you imagine, if we actually had that pick? *drools*

I think we need to find a team whose in for a fall in terms of record next year, and try taking there 1st next year.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Could you imagine, if we actually had that pick? *drools*
Wow, think of the options. I'm banking on Carolina going QB, most likely Newton, so we could have Patrick Peterson, Marcel Dareus, AJ Green, Von Miller. That'd be a tough selection, but I'd have to take Peterson, who I think is the best player in the draft.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my new mock is the best thing you guys will see all day
Old 04-17-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Wow, think of the options. I'm banking on Carolina going QB, most likely Newton, so we could have Patrick Peterson, Marcel Dareus, AJ Green, Von Miller. That'd be a tough selection, but I'd have to take Peterson, who I think is the best player in the draft.
What an epic problem to have.

At the end, it would be between Green and Peterson, and I'd go with PP at the end though.

Also, I'd talk to other teams, trying to see what we could get for that pick.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reviewing all the game tape, the only pass rusher I'm really sold on for us in the the first is Martez Wilson. He's the epitome of a Raven. Hard worker, versatile, natural born leader, violent, aggressive, and powerful.
- If not Wilson, Brooks Reed is #2.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:11 AM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Jamison Hensley's latest mock has the Ravens taking Jimmy Smith over guys like Cam Heyward and Brooks Reed. Here is his explanation for the pick
Quote:
26. RAVENS: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado. Smith brings character concerns that have caused some teams to take him off their draft board. But he also brings size, speed and confidence that cornerbacks need to thrive in this league. There are some comparisons to Chris McAlister, which isn’t a negative when focusing on the on-field production.
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
What an epic problem to have.

At the end, it would be between Green and Peterson, and I'd go with PP at the end though.

Also, I'd talk to other teams, trying to see what we could get for that pick.
IF and that would have been a HUGE IF we were in that situation I would think we could shop the pick to Washington and move back to #10 and then pick up their 2012 #1 and I think another #4 or #5 rd pick based on trade values. That would've allowed us to pick Amukamara or Robert Quinn or Julio Jones players who could arguably be in the TOP 5 but you get at 10 saving money towards the cap and have another year of 2 1st rd picks! Maybe I should get a job with the Raven's front office, but alas we didn't do that last year and I don't have that job :-(

With a rookie wage scale on the horizon having multiple 1st rd picks won't be a prohibitive as it was in the past this maybe the year you see more moves like that.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Brandon Harris?

I've been seeing him to the Ravens in almost every mock in this forum and even a some others on the internet.

i simply think he's too small and weak to compete with guys like Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, etc.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree im confident Carr and Wilson will be back. with fox,webb,carr,wilson i dont see a reason to take harris cause he cant be that true #1 CB that smith can.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Smith wasn't available then I wouldn't go for a corner in the first. Harris doesn't really upgrade anything for us and I don't think Williams can handle the man-coverage duties we would require from him. I think people just give him to the Ravens because they think "ZOMG the Ravens suckkkk at corner, look Harris is still there and he went to Miami! Let's give them him!" We don't lack in the ability to cover smaller receivers (minus Holmes, that man destroys us), it's just that we can't play press-coverage and that really shows against big physical receivers.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post

I've been seeing him to the Ravens in almost every mock in this forum and even a some others on the internet.

i simply think he's too small and weak to compete with guys like Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, etc.
Harris is actually pretty tough and plays a lot bigger than his size. He plays press like Brandon Flowers, who had some of the same questions coming out. Now he can't match up on the jump ball probably with some of those bigger guys, but he can still be a number one in the league.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, i do believe corner is our biggest need but I just really want someone in the mold of a Patrick Peterson or Jimmy Smith, not another small speedy corner like Wilson or Carr.

but I highly doubt our FO rolls the dice on a player like Smith.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post

I actually am a huge fan. If Prince is 2, than Harris is 2b imo. Some team will be getting a huge steal.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone thinking we would jump on Bowers on draft day if he slips to 26? His knee may concern teams. How would u guys feel if we traded up to the early 20s to get him?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Bowers injury concerns are eerily similar to Kindle, so no thank you.
We need a durable, consistent, high motor, pass rushing OLB.
- Justin Houston would be nice
Old 04-21-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Updated CB Rankings Are:

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Prince Amukamara
3. Jimmy Smith
4. Johnny Patrick
5. Davon House
6. Brandon Harris
7. Ras-I Dowling
8. Curtis Brown
9. Curtis Marsh
10. Jail Brown
11. Brandon Burton
12. Chykie Brown
13. Rock Carmichael
14. Cortez Allen
15. Shareece Wright

Late Round Sleepers: Richard Sherman, Justin Rogers, Kendric Burney

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
anyone thinking we would jump on Bowers on draft day if he slips to 26? His knee may concern teams. How would u guys feel if we traded up to the early 20s to get him?
I wouldn't wanna trade up to get Bowers, but if he fell to #26, I wouldn't mind if we took him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Bowers injury concerns are eerily similar to Kindle, so no thank you.
We need a durable, consistent, high motor, pass rushing OLB.
- Justin Houston would be nice
Kindle's knee issue isn't what screwed him over, it was him being an idiot falling down stairs. If Bowers falls to 26, I think he's worth the gamble.

A pass rush w/ Suggs, Bowers and Kindle would be awesome, granted if they can stay healthy.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bowers is there, he has to be the pick. He is a top 10 talent and as long as our doctors are confident you pull the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

What are some dark horse picks yall could see for us?

I don't think it's likely at all, but if we trade down, I could see us going after Mikel Leshoure in the middle of round 2.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are some dark horse picks yall could see for us?

I don't think it's likely at all, but if we trade down, I could see us going after Mikel Leshoure in the middle of round 2.
I could see that as well.

As for darkhorse first round picks, I could see Danny Watkins, Corey Liuget and maybe, just maybe Mark Ingram.

Last edited by TACKLE : 04-23-2011 at 06:57 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I don't think the Ravens are necessarily know for dark-horse picks. I guess you could say that guys who weren't expected to be available at our pick could be considered (Kindle and Oher the past two years).

I will say that a RB wouldn't be one of my dark-horses if I were to list them though. The running game isn't going to improve if the OL isn't fixed :/.

This year might be a bit harder to predict dark-horses anyways, we've been linked with quite a few prospects at different positions (at least more than in past years). If there was one guy that I might be able to see us take that hasn't been talked about, it would be... Kyle Rudolph? A stretch and I seriously doubt we take another TE high, but he's a complete TE that's going to be very good IMO. TACKLE had two good ones in Watkins and Liuget, although I don't think Liuget would be too much of a surprise.