Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-28-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
stop trolling hines.
I'm not. I'm being dead serious. It is all alledgedly. I have never seen it, but it's what I read. If I was trolling, I woulda said something else.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If he screws up put him in a ring with Zbi. I don't think people realize though how much of a physical specimen he is. He's a flippin huge corner with nice speed and hips.
He's about the same size as Landry (a bit lighter I think) but he can actually cover!
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly thought the Ravens were going to take Wilkerson. Maybe KC thought that Baltimore was going to take Baldwin, so they rushed up there. That whole thing was crazy.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we were gonna take Wilkerson too.

But dont believe everything you read. That pic would be all over every draft site and sites like deadspin.com by now if it was true.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I think I read that he had coke in one of his FB pictures. I could be wrong. With that said, it's a great risk to take.
Who doesn't have coke in their pictures. Anyone who doesn't is just a plan old scrub.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:38 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys haven't yet heard, Chicago was the reason we screwed up. They didn't confirm the trade from their end w/ the league.

We were going to swap 1st and get their 4th rounder.

As for Jimmy Smith, if he can mature up a bit, then we just got the biggest steal in the draft.

Can't wait to see him line up against A.J. Green for years to come.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:20 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't think we should get rid of Carr
1- Carr
2- Wilson
3- Smith
4-Webb
Old 04-29-2011, 06:59 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
I still don't think we should get rid of Carr
1- Carr
2- Wilson
3- Smith
4-Webb
What do we do with Foxworth? Your 1 & 2 are not under contract. I think when we sign Smith (hopefully quickly) along with Wilson and Carr, we can start looking at one of the stronger CB groups in the league.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
If you guys haven't yet heard, Chicago was the reason we screwed up. They didn't confirm the trade from their end w/ the league.

We were going to swap 1st and get their 4th rounder.

As for Jimmy Smith, if he can mature up a bit, then we just got the biggest steal in the draft.

Can't wait to see him line up against A.J. Green for years to come.
That's going to be a hell of a matchup if Smith realizes his potential. I am not sure about any of you, but I don't want to play against Green for 10 years.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:04 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I have a feeling that before tonight the transaction rules will be in place and players under contract will be able to be traded. I would love to see us trade Willis and try and pick up another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. Clearly we would have to sweeten the pot with our #2 next year or something along those lines. Would be quite a coup if we could somehow move into the TOP 10 of 2nd rd and get Bowers and pick up Titus Young or Torrey Smith
Old 04-29-2011, 07:05 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
That's going to be a hell of a matchup if Smith realizes his potential. I am not sure about any of you, but I don't want to play against Green for 10 years.
No need to worry about Green unless Palmer comes back...
Old 04-29-2011, 07:58 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as Fabian Washington is gone, I'll be thrilled.
From my knowledge, Foxworth is healthy and ready to go.
He's got another 2 solid years in him, but I see him as more of a nickle guy.
- Jimmy is the future
- Josh Wilson is our #1 CB at the moment, he must be re-signed.
- Webb is inconsistent and has a lot to prove, but he's still money on special teams and is a solid rotation CB.
- Chris Carr is our #2 guy, he's super consistent.
To me, there's no problem with Baltimore having 5 CBs in a constant rotation, I actually prefer it. CB is a physically enduring position and it's usual for most CBs to get quite tired during the course of the game. By rotating these 5 guys, we're going to kick a$$ boys!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True but hopefully Palmer has a change of heart and stays at CIN for 10 more years. then I wont complain.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
True but hopefully Palmer has a change of heart and stays at CIN for 10 more years. then I wont complain.
NO Please get out of Cincy... Palmer has our number and they have always played well against us.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea he may do well against us but he blows they wont ever be playoff contenders with him at QB unless he has a crazy comeback
Old 04-29-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my quick write up on Jimmy Smith -

-pros
Air tight coverage, he's big and strong enough to compete with guys like Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, and Brandon Marshall. He's got excellent speed for his size and I could see him lining up opposite of speed WR's like Mike Wallace and Lee Evans type WR's

cons - he's not a liability in the run game by any means but he isn't a "Champ Bailey" in the run game, he'll hold his own, sometimes get bullied by other wide receivers. Isn't a big hitter type guy like Ed Reed used to be, you'll still see him make some decent hits on guys, but nothing game changing.

now, about his character, he's not a criminal like Aqib Talib, he is/was just really immature (failing drug tests, drinking alcohol) tons of college kids do that. Harbaugh(who hated C-Mac) spent 2 hours with Jimmy and said that he can see that Jimmy has matured, or has shown the willingness to.

If this kid can mature, which I think he can, especially when he'll be playing around tons of hall of fame and pro bowl players, he will be such a tremendous weapon for our defense. He'll allow Pagano to blitz like a madman.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem isn't necessarily Jimmy, it's the entourage he surrounds himself with. You'd wish that he'd go home after every practice and study the playbook or hang out with teammates, the fact is that the liklihood of him one of these days being in the news for getting himself in trouble late night at a bar is extremely high. That's the character worry which scared off so many teams. I'm rooting for him and expect him to come in clean, I just worry in the long term if he'll be able to contain himself. He doesn't have to be an saint, but he definitely has to at least be respectable to himself and his teammates.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah for Smith's size would would think he'd be a bit more physical tackling (in the run game and bring down receivers). I'm not worried much about that though.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

I'm excited.
Here's my top 5 players for the next 2 rounds!
2ND ROUND
1) Torrey Smith, WR
2) Brooks Reed, OLB
3) Stephen Paea, DL
4) Justin Houston, OLB
5) Sam Acho, OLB
3RD ROUND
1) Nate Irving, ILB
2) Ed Gates, WR
3) Greg Little, WR
4) Leonard Hankerson, WR
5) Allen Bailey, DE
----
Also, I'm still a HUGE fan of Jeremy Beal.
He's the biggest defense play maker in this draft, sure he put up a horrible 40 time. But that doesn't matter, he makes plays behind the line of scrimmage constantly.
His 20 yard shuttle time was the same as Kerrigan AND Robert Quinn.
His 3-cone drill time was the same as Cam Jordan.
The 40 isn't everything, Beal is a 6'3 265 play maker that I would love in the 4th-5th round to Baltimore
-Jimmy Smith 1st
-Torrey Smith 2nd
-Nate Irving 3rd
-Jordan Todman 4th
-Jeremy Beal 5th
that would be absolutely bananas

Last edited by GoRavens : 04-29-2011 at 03:54 PM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:10 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I love adding Torrey Smith.
Good value at rd.2
He is exactly the type of WR that Flacco needs to compliment his rocket arm
Hr might take some time to developed into a complete WR but he can be used on screens and deep routes from day1.
I'm am really excited for what he can bring to this offense.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Jah Reid is vastly underrated. With Harewood dropping some fat and adding muscle this offseason and Oher and potentially Gaither coming back... we could have the biggest and baddest OT's in the AFC at least!?

I'd like us to pick Jacquizz today then resign Le'Ron as soon as we are able to that would be a great back field with Ray Rice...
Old 04-30-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

I love having Torrey Smith (the person) on our team.
Great guy, great role model and a really intelligent person.
He'll do a ton for the community and he's a real mellow, spiritual guy that had to struggle to survive before college.
He'll do a supreme job at learning from Mason and Boldin and eventually be our #1 guy.
I'm so amped we got our go to deep threat now!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

If we don't move up (which doesn't seem likely), would anyone else be happy with taking Fusco in the 4th? I know I would be, he's a good candidate to develop behind Birk and take over next season.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate that we didn't take Jon Baldwin but at least we took Jimmy Smith and not Derek Sherrod. Like Torrey Smith in rd 2, hate trading up for Jah Reid he makes to 90 at least. We need a WR with size I'm hopin for Terrance Tolliver later today

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Hate that we didn't take Jon Baldwin but at least we took Jimmy Smith and not Derek Sherrod. Like Torrey Smith in rd 2, hate trading up for Jah Reid he makes to 90 at least. We need a WR with size I'm hopin for Terrance Tolliver later today
I was thinking the same thing until I remembered we have James hardy. I'd rather give him a chance than taking a guy like Tolliver. Reid probably would have been there at 90 but we only gave up pick 191 (6th round) and we had a ton of picks anyways.