Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-04-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
butler isnt the right fit for us...why do we want another undersized corner who cant tackle for????...hes a great cover guy but just doesnt compliment what we have.
Butler can tackle. The guy flies like a missle and he'd be great for us in run support. He actually isn't "grosslly" undersized like Smith and Moore, he's 5-10 and he matched up well against the 6-3 Kenny Britt of Rutgers when you watch the game. If we did pick him, which is a possibility, I'd be pretty happy. He's definetly better than Foxworth and Washington if you ask me.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really think he will come out and be better then them off the bat? I doubt that.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

1.) Darrius Heyward Bey
2.) Hakeem Nicks

3.) Brandon Pettigrew

I think we hold off on a first rounder corner.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
I think we hold off on a first rounder corner.
I agree unless its jenkins, davis or sean smith.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
I agree unless its jenkins, davis or sean smith.
If its Davis or Vontae yes, Sean Smith no. Very good prospect, no doubt about it, but not one that we would absolutely have to take at 26. If anything he's a small reach there.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

Now that we signed Birk and Foxworth, I think Receiver is definitely our biggest need. Now look at the top 5 receivers.
1. Crabtree- even though he's injured he'll probably be gone by 26.
2. Maclin - probably a safer pick than Crabtree. Gone
3. Heyward-Bey - who I hope we get. But with a rediculous 40, I doubt it.
4. Percy Harvin - Could be a playmaker, but I bet a team will get him 1st.
5. Okay now this I who I could see us getting..
Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt

Now whos a better prospect?
Britts a beast who is just as fast as Nicks and was a playmaker for Rutgers.
Nicks is a really really smooth receiver, who just makes play after play.
Its a toss up who I pick but I'd go with Hakeem Nicks even though Britt Ooooozes potential.

bring them sticky fingaz to baltimore

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

Since I'm up and on the site, I'm wondering what other Ravens fans dream drafts are.. yeah-im-bored. Anyways like I said.
1st round- Hakeem Nicks: Would get tons of playing time and would eventually replace Mason.
2nd round- Sean Smith: huge potential. If we can grab him in the 2nd, our secondary would definitely improve. If he's coached right, and works tough he'll be a star in this league.
3rd round- Herman Johnson: Big Bad Mo Fo who would help our O-Line a ton. Literally. Would be a great pickup and a long time starter.
4th round- Ricky-Jean-Francois: Dudes a beast. Gained like 50 pounds of muscle from freshman year. Would compete with Bannan right away.
5th round- Andrew Gardner: Another lineman. Offensive Tackle is a question mark and this guys healthy as a horse and has gotten better throughout his years. Could be a huge steal, and could eventually beat out Terry.
6th round- Antonio Appleby: Big, Physical linebacker with some experience in a 3-4 defense. Could learn from the best and compete for playing time.
Free Agents
Rodney Ferguson RB
Gartrell Johnson RB
Rich Belton FB
Greg Carr WR
Brennan Marion WR
Tripp Chandler TE

I like those pickups. We'd be goin places

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 round mock

1) DHB...w.r. maryland
extremely fast w.r. with ideal size would be the perfect compliment to our smaller, possesion type recievers...will be the #1 deep threat and #1 redzone target and should develope into flacco's career #1 w.r....needs to work on his routes but can contribute with very good runblocking, reverses and bubble screens immediatly whilst honing his route running skills.

2) F. Moala d.e./d.t. usc
ngata's cousin is a penetrating d.t. is best fit for 3-4 d.e. in the pros...pryce is getting old and injury prone and ngata has moved to the inside...fills a need at great value here.

3) A. Boone r.t. ohio state
big physical r.t. prospect would be great opposite gaither and fills a need at good value here....sleeper

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Boone, especially after the last arrest will be lucky to be drafted before the 6th. 1st two picks are good, although I'm not a fan of Moala at all, but I don't mind addressing the dline in round 2.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree with America on this one. Boone is nowhere near good enough to be taken in the top 4 rounds, and his added off-the-field stuff is just too much. Gerald Cadogan from Penn. State would be much better there, and he's also one of my favorite RT prospects. Moala is alright, but I think TE or CB is a much bigger need than DE (we have Dwan Edwards and Brandon McKinney backing up right now, which is pretty good IMO). I also don't think that DHB will fall to us now.

My first 3 rounds would look like:

1. Hakeem Nicks
2. Jairus Byrd (I think he will go higher now)
3. Gerald Cadogan (also think he goes higher, wouldn't mind him with the 2nd rounder)
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else like Brian Robiskie? I thought he had a good combine and I think if he's at our 2nd rounder, and we still haven't nabbed a WR, we should take him. At 6'2 and great hands, I could easily see him competing with Mark Clayton for the #2 WR spot. He's got terrific hands and size as well as speed. I think he'd be an overall "solid" WR in this league and an ideal target for Flacco.

#1- Sean Smith CB
#2- Brian Robiskie WR
#3- Chase Coffman/Shawn Nelson/Ingram TE
Old 03-07-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Jenkins, Davis, Moore, or Smith

I don't want anyone else in round one.

Keep in mind our current starting CB's are Dom Foxworth and Fabian Washington. That's decent.

I'd love to add a nickel/potential #2 in the draft

In round two either move up for a Kenny Britt/Hakeem Nicks or pray like hell one falls.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Anyone else like Brian Robiskie? I thought he had a good combine and I think if he's at our 2nd rounder, and we still haven't nabbed a WR, we should take him. At 6'2 and great hands, I could easily see him competing with Mark Clayton for the #2 WR spot. He's got terrific hands and size as well as speed. I think he'd be an overall "solid" WR in this league and an ideal target for Flacco.

#1- Sean Smith CB
#2- Brian Robiskie WR
#3- Chase Coffman/Shawn Nelson/Ingram TE
I think he would be a good choice but I am not sold on us taking a CB in the first.. I wouldn't oppose to us going OL in the 1st if a RT worth taking (Phil Loadholt??) or a Center worth taking was available... I wouldn't mind going after Eric Wood as a potential Center replacement down the road for Birk.

I am interested to see the new Mocks now that TO has signed and all the FA drama is starting to settle down..

Last edited by ChefMike : 03-08-2009 at 12:40 PM.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah man. Anything is a posibility cause Ozzie Newsome has already said, he is looking to fill the major needs through free agency so the draft will just be a bonus for us. So, we just might be taking the BPA so the choice could even be a running back. With Lorenzo aging, McClain would then go to FB, leaving a need for a powerback, if Wells just happens to fall to us, even he could be the pick. I truly believe we will go BPA.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Any idea who Lee Vickers was?? He is listed on NFL.com as once being a part of the ravens and now signing with NYG? I might be mistaken but I don't remember seeing him on the roster? and he is not listed on our website as being a EFA, RFA, or UFA??
Old 03-09-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Any idea who Lee Vickers was?? He is listed on NFL.com as once being a part of the ravens and now signing with NYG? I might be mistaken but I don't remember seeing him on the roster? and he is not listed on our website as being a EFA, RFA, or UFA??

He was a TE about 2 years ago?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:31 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
He was a TE about 2 years ago?
He was listed as a DE a HUGE DE like 6'6" 300+ I don't know its not a big deal..
Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me know what you think of this mock:

1) Jarius Byrd, CB, Oregon. He might be a reach in some eyes, but as Scott said in his blog a few days ago, he's being viewed by a lot of draft expects as the 3rd best corner available. He's a well built, physical corner who supports the run well. He's instinctual and has a knack for making big plays (36 PBU, 17 INTs). The All Pac-10 player adds value as a return man. With the recent failures of developing wide receivers and a likely run on receivers before our pick, Ozzie and co. choose a safer pick and solidify the nickel package. His stock could really soar with a good pro-day.

2. Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio St. Rather than choosing one of the more high profile, riskier receivers in round 1 (DHB, Nicks, Britt, Harvin), the staff settles for a pro-ready player in Robiskie. With Troy Smith running the offense, Robiskie showed the ability the get deep in 07, and was an excellent red-zone threat. He's got great size and solid speed (4.47 Pro Day-4.51 Combine) and could become an instant go-to target for Flacco.

I just saw BmoreBlackByrds is a fan of Robiskie too.

3. Lawrence Sidbury Jr., DE, Richmond. A perfect project for Rex Ryan...oh wait. Regardless, he oozes potential and knows how to get after the QB. The 6'2.5" 265 lber with 4.65 speed had 11.5 sacks last year. He's not the greatest need, but if Suggs can't be resigned or Barnes leaves after a good season in a year or two, we'll need some depth, and he could be special.

4. Lydon Murtha, OT, Nebraska. I was almost tempted to put him in the 3rd round. He's a big guy (6'7", 315) but has got some wheels (4.89 combine, unofficial NU lineman record 4.82 and a 1.53 10yrdash -- 4.34 20yd shuttle). He's a smart guy, and has started at RT and LT. Big Willie will be gone soon, and Adam Terry might not be resigned if he wants to much. He has the potential to start at RT down the line.

5. Cameron Morrah, TE, California. I wanted to take a TE earlier, but there's a huge drop off in value after the early 3rd round. Morrah could easily be gone by now, but his size (6'3, 244) and inexperience (33 games, 41 catches) could drop his stock. He's wasn't used as a downfield threat in college, but his 4.66 speed indicates that he could be more than the redzone target he was his junior year.

6. Alex Fletcher, C, Stanford. A starter since his freshman year, Fletcher has been a durable and consistent performer for the Cardinal. He's bounced around because of injuries, between guard and center, and has been an all-league player at both positions. His size and athleticism (6'2", 297, 5.35) might limit him at the next level, but he could be the next Matt Birk too...He put up 30 reps and can get to the second level. He uses his hands well, and plays with intensity. He'll need time in the weight room, but he should be at least a longtime quality backup G/C.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:28 AM    (permalink
PuppyPuncher

It sounds like we're going after Darius Butler, Vontae Davis, and DHB.

I really like Darius Butler and I think he has that Ravens swagger.

I wanna see our pass rush get upgraded in the second round. If Evander Hood is still in our draft area, we should go after him.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats your evidence to say we are going after Butler,Davis,DHB? JW do you have a link or something
Old 03-14-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
It sounds like we're going after Darius Butler, Vontae Davis, and DHB.

I really like Darius Butler and I think he has that Ravens swagger.

I wanna see our pass rush get upgraded in the second round. If Evander Hood is still in our draft area, we should go after him.
yeah, I've heard that we really like Butler, but like Ravens1991 asked, you did you hear this? Link? Quote?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I've read on KFFL that we've talked to him but that doesn't mean anything really. I'm sure we're interested in dozens of players and have met with dozens more.

And PuppyPuncher, why do you think Ziggy Hood would be a good fit in our 3-4? He's a Tampa 2 UT.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

1. brian cushing - olb
2. hakeem nicks - wr
3. coye francis - cb/s
4. eric wood - c
5. cody brown - olb
6. derek puegs - s
7. jeremy lomax - de
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no way Nicks is there round 2.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
PuppyPuncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I've read on KFFL that we've talked to him but that doesn't mean anything really. I'm sure we're interested in dozens of players and have met with dozens more.

And PuppyPuncher, why do you think Ziggy Hood would be a good fit in our 3-4? He's a Tampa 2 UT.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fo...ry/938301.html

I'd honestly prefer to get a complimentary OLB to Suggs like a Larry English.

I believe that Ziggy Hood can make the transition to the 5 technique. He's only 1 inch shorter than your typical prototype of 6'5".