Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree about Simon. Like Charles Davis said about him during the draft, he might not have great measurables, and he might not have a specific position at the next level, but you will find ways to use him, but youŽll find a way to use him. His drive and attitude will earn him snaps.
Not sure if weŽll have a top 5 unit. I would shoot for top 8 at this point. In my book the top 4 is pretty set with San Fran, Seattle, St. Louis and Cincy. After that there is a second tier where a lot of teams will fight for position. I could see the defenses in Denver, Pittsburgh and Chicago take a step back this year.
Houston should be very good, but is kind of tricky to get a read on. How will Jets do without Revis? Can the Chargers and the Panthers continue to get better?
There is a lot of questions on our defense as well, but if they can stay healthy and the rookies play well, I dont see why we couldnt challenge for the 5th spot on the list.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Anyone think one of own young WR's will emerge or do you think our recieving corps will fall into another lull until we spend an sign a quality/spend an early draft pick on another WR? Not trying to be pessimistic and I would love for their to be a pleasant surprise but I'm not counting on any of the guys we have being anything more than ordinary.
I don't really have any high hopes for our receivers either.

I do want to see how Tommy Streeter developed. He was a height, weight, speed specimen when we drafted him and I still have some hope for him.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Anyone think one of own young WR's will emerge or do you think our recieving corps will fall into another lull until we spend an sign a quality/spend an early draft pick on another WR? Not trying to be pessimistic and I would love for their to be a pleasant surprise but I'm not counting on any of the guys we have being anything more than ordinary.
It's really hard to say. There are a bunch of young receivers on the roster who are unproven but seem to have talent. Apparently they're pretty high on Thompson so he's a guy I'll be keeping a close eye on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I agree I love the pick ups. At first IDK about the Simon pick but having his attitude and intensity alone in the locker room will be a plus. I really am looking forward for this defense. Do you guys feel we can be a top 5 defense? I think we can as long as we stay healthy and Suggs returns to form. Not necessarily DPOY for but a 8 sack guy who is one of the best edge setters and coverage 34 OLB in football
I would say the defense definitely has a good shot to compete for a top 5 spot. Assuming they aren't decimated by injuries again of course. I'm still not sold on Pees but I think the defense has more talent and depth than last season at this point so he should have a better unit to execute his scheme. Hopefully at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I don't really have any high hopes for our receivers either.

I do want to see how Tommy Streeter developed. He was a height, weight, speed specimen when we drafted him and I still have some hope for him.
Right now I'm less enthused about Streeter than others are. He definitely has the height but he's a long-strider whose speed only shows/showed on vertical routes. Streeter was also pretty weak/frail for a guy his size and had unreliable hands in college. It'll be interesting to see if he's developed any physically over the last year.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

prediction for breakout player?

Im thinking Arthur Jones. He has shown flashes. I will say Jimmy Smith but IDK if he will stay healthy.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
prediction for breakout player?

Im thinking Arthur Jones. He has shown flashes. I will say Jimmy Smith but IDK if he will stay healthy.
Art Jones? I probably would've gone the other way on that one tbh. I expect him to have a diminished role with Canty and Spears and expect him to be less of a factor than he was last year.

My pick is Albert McClellan. I always felt he was best suited inside and really liked what I saw in pre-season there in a very limited sample size. We'll see how McClain performs coming back from injury but I'm really hoping Albert and Arthur win the two starting ILB's spots heading into the season.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm going with one of the young receivers. It's hard to pick a specific player but if I had to it would be Doss.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a strange pick, but I could see Bernard Pierce emerging as a bit of a force behind Ray. I loved what I saw from him last year; not to take anything away from Ray, but I could see Pierce really carving a niche for himself this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on Omarius Hines, who we signed as an UDFA? Does he have a chance to stick?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Here's a strange pick, but I could see Bernard Pierce emerging as a bit of a force behind Ray. I loved what I saw from him last year; not to take anything away from Ray, but I could see Pierce really carving a niche for himself this season.
I'd love for Pierce to succeed in an expanded role. Keeping Rice fresh throughout the season would be great and should extend his career with the Ravens a bit. Ray still needs to lose some of that bulk he gained last year though.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I agree. Raymell seemed to take what the defense was giving him a little too much last year. Bernard was able to stretch plays outside and power over corners and safeties out on the edge. Bernard was especially productive in the playoffs, which makes me think Raymell's body was wearing down. I'd like to see Bernard get 3-4 more touches a game this year and split Raymell out in the slot and get him some mismatches on linebackers/safeties in the slot, make up for some of Q's lost production. There's no need to slam him in between the tackles where big d-lineman are falling on him. I'd like to see Raymell around 200-225 carries and 70 catches with Bernard hovering around 10 carries a game.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I agree. Raymell seemed to take what the defense was giving him a little too much last year. Bernard was able to stretch plays outside and power over corners and safeties out on the edge. Bernard was especially productive in the playoffs, which makes me think Raymell's body was wearing down. I'd like to see Bernard get 3-4 more touches a game this year and split Raymell out in the slot and get him some mismatches on linebackers/safeties in the slot, make up for some of Q's lost production. There's no need to slam him in between the tackles where big d-lineman are falling on him. I'd like to see Raymell around 200-225 carries and 70 catches with Bernard hovering around 10 carries a game.
I think this is a great idea, and I hope the coaching staff would try it out.
The combination of Rice and Pitta working the short/intermediate routes could be a great way to replace Anquan. If Tandon Doss can crack the lineup, I would feel a lot better about our passing game going forward.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who has seen Juszczyk play at Harvard? I was reading that he used to line up at slot, H-back, TE and lead blocker. I was wondering does he has the speed to do some slot and h-back? Or will we use him as mainly a blocker? I am really intrigued by the draft pick
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
who has seen Juszczyk play at Harvard? I was reading that he used to line up at slot, H-back, TE and lead blocker. I was wondering does he has the speed to do some slot and h-back? Or will we use him as mainly a blocker? I am really intrigued by the draft pick
Old 05-05-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I watched his highlight tape and specifically the Princeton game. Nothing against Ivy league ball, but he really was a man amongst boys. He would consistently beat people on double moves, outrun corners and safeties to the endzone, break several tackles, take bubble screens. It's really impressive and entertaining but a stark contrast to his Senior Bowl tape.

He wasn't in the backfield all that much. When he was, he was still a primary read on the pass play. But as a blocker on receiver screens or pulling as a TE, he buried a lot of defenders or drove them back.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been around in a while so lemme just say...dem world champion Baltimore ravens...word to ravens 1991 and mike doobie
Old 08-20-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Lol doobie hasn't been around in ages. The board has come a long way from the debate about Kyle Boller. That was legendary in its own right looking back.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God Boller was bad. Clarence Moore is still available for a comeback btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Also during that time we had a poster claim Ozzie Newsome needed to be fired
Old 11-18-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what are your guys thoughts for this draft? we wont be able to grab a center at the 16thish pick. Im hoping for Ha-ha Clinton-dix, or maybe a pass rusher. WR can be an option too
Old 11-18-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I have a hard time seeing them going for a pass-rusher (or any sort of DE/OLB) high in the draft. Suggs will be on the last year of his deal next season but he's probably going to be re-signed anyways and then you have Dumervil, Upshaw, Simon, and McPhee. The team is pretty high on Adrian Hamilton too. It's the most set position on the team. Maybe a pass-rusher type that plays on the DL since Arthur Jones probably won't be back. That would make some sense.

I'd really like them to get a real FS to play next to Elam too. I'm just skeptical that they will take another guy at that position after spending a first round pick on Elam the year before. Regardless I think they bring in one somehow. Ihedigbo is a free agent and may be playing his way into a decent contract with another team. Given his age (will be 30 pretty soon) and the bad fit with Elam I don't think Baltimore brings him back.

Right now I'd say WR or OL (C or RT) are the two most likely picks in the first round. I'm not really that worried about the group of receivers they have right now but getting a clear #2 or maybe even a 1b to Torrey's 1a would be great. Jones is a free agent and at this point I don't think he'll be back. Same goes for Stokley. Doss is going to be a RFA so he will probably be tendered and remain with the team. Mellette is coming off of IR too and he's going to be fully healthy since the injury that landed him there wasn't serious at all. That leaves Baltimore with Smith, Brown, Doss, Thompson, and Mellette. Add in a quality starting option and I love that group. As it is now it's solid, but lacking. I'd prefer a big target like Evans or Matthews in the first round but a playmaker like Watkins would fit in too. Lee and maybe even Coleman are also options. Nothing needs to be said about the OL needs.

One thing I'd personally like to see happen is taking C.J. Mosley. It's not likely at all but if Daryl Smith isn't brought back then I think a starting LB next to Brown is a definite need. Neither Bynes or McClain are quality starting material. Both Brown and Mosley would be able to stay out on the field in any situation and fit well. Cut McClain to save some cap space and keep Bynes and mcClellan as the backups and that's a really nice ILB group. But like I said it's really unlikely to happen so whatever.

Another position I wouldn't mind seeing taken highly is CB. Webb is starting to look like he's getting back to his old self and Jimmy Smith is playing really well but Graham is a free agent and is terrible anyways. I'm also worried about Webb's durability going forward as he seems to get nicked up quite a bit with some minor in-game injuries. Chykie Brown and Asa Jackson will still be around but I'm not sure I want either of them seeing any amount of snaps as the nickel CB.

There are a lot of needs that have to be filled on this team. It's going to be hard for them to make a pick high in the draft that I don't like I think. Basically the only ones I really can't see happening are QB, RB, NT, and OLB. I'd list TE there too but it's a tough situation to evaluate. I fully believe Pitta will be back but he's also going to be 29 next season and there's a huge hole behind him on the roster. If there's any doubt about his future effectiveness then maybe a guy like Ebron or Amaro would make sense and Pitta would become more of a high-end #2 after a year or two.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I have a hard time seeing them going for a pass-rusher (or any sort of DE/OLB) high in the draft. Suggs will be on the last year of his deal next season but he's probably going to be re-signed anyways and then you have Dumervil, Upshaw, Simon, and McPhee. The team is pretty high on Adrian Hamilton too. It's the most set position on the team. Maybe a pass-rusher type that plays on the DL since Arthur Jones probably won't be back. That would make some sense. .
Those are good points but with McPhee only having 1 sack on the year, Upshaw having only 1 sack on the year as well and being mainly a run stuffer and Simon not getting a defensive play yet I think we should take a look at 34 OLB who will be in our range. Stephon Tuitt would be a good pick if he is available but I doubt he will be.

Quote:
One thing I'd personally like to see happen is taking C.J. Mosley. It's not likely at all but if Daryl Smith isn't brought back then I think a starting LB next to Brown is a definite need. Neither Bynes or McClain are quality starting material. Both Brown and Mosley would be able to stay out on the field in any situation and fit well. Cut McClain to save some cap space and keep Bynes and mcClellan as the backups and that's a really nice ILB group. But like I said it's really unlikely to happen so whatever.
I think I posted about that on here as well. We take Mosley and go possibly a 43 look. Since Jones is probably going to walk IDK about our depth for a 34 upfront. If we went 43 we can look like this. I say this because I like everyone else feel Arthur Brown is the kind of linebacker you build a defense around. IDK why we are using him as a situational pass rusher.

DE-Suggs/McPhee/Simon
DT-Ngata/Williams
DT-Canty/Tyson/Kapron Lewis-Moore
DE-Doom/Upshaw
OLB-Brown
MLB-Mosley
OLB-Bynes/McClain/Smith whoever.

I also wont be surprised if Daryl Smith walks

Quote:
Another position I wouldn't mind seeing taken highly is CB. Webb is starting to look like he's getting back to his old self and Jimmy Smith is playing really well but Graham is a free agent and is terrible anyways. I'm also worried about Webb's durability going forward as he seems to get nicked up quite a bit with some minor in-game injuries. Chykie Brown and Asa Jackson will still be around but I'm not sure I want either of them seeing any amount of snaps as the nickel CB.

There are a lot of needs that have to be filled on this team. It's going to be hard for them to make a pick high in the draft that I don't like I think. Basically the only ones I really can't see happening are QB, RB, NT, and OLB. I'd list TE there too but it's a tough situation to evaluate. I fully believe Pitta will be back but he's also going to be 29 next season and there's a huge hole behind him on the roster. If there's any doubt about his future effectiveness then maybe a guy like Ebron or Amaro would make sense and Pitta would become more of a high-end #2 after a year or two.

CB IDK. I am a firm believer in Asa Jackson developing into the nickel role. I hope we can re-sign Smith long term. IDK about spending a top 20 pick on a nickel back.

I would jump all over a TE if we can get one. We all know how much a TE means to Joe judging his play w/o Pitta. A guy who can stretch the field in between the numbers would help Pitta out even more.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Those are good points but with McPhee only having 1 sack on the year, Upshaw having only 1 sack on the year as well and being mainly a run stuffer and Simon not getting a defensive play yet I think we should take a look at 34 OLB who will be in our range. Stephon Tuitt would be a good pick if he is available but I doubt he will be.
McPhee has looked good in the very limited opportunities he's had. It's just hard to get him on the field with Suggs, Dumervil, and Upshaw ahead of him. Especially when Dean "Vanilla" Pees is calling the defense. At this point taking a DE/OLB would be far too much of a luxury.

Quote:
I think I posted about that on here as well. We take Mosley and go possibly a 43 look. Since Jones is probably going to walk IDK about our depth for a 34 upfront. If we went 43 we can look like this. I say this because I like everyone else feel Arthur Brown is the kind of linebacker you build a defense around. IDK why we are using him as a situational pass rusher.

DE-Suggs/McPhee/Simon
DT-Ngata/Williams
DT-Canty/Tyson/Kapron Lewis-Moore
DE-Doom/Upshaw
OLB-Brown
MLB-Mosley
OLB-Bynes/McClain/Smith whoever.

I also wont be surprised if Daryl Smith walks
Eh, I don't know about a 4-3 look. It's certainly not a terrible idea but I like the front seven guys on the team better in a 3-4 configuration. They're already running a lot of 4-man lines/pass-rusher alignments anyways. It should be the same thing next year even if Pees gets canned like I (and most everybody I bet) hope.

Quote:
CB IDK. I am a firm believer in Asa Jackson developing into the nickel role. I hope we can re-sign Smith long term. IDK about spending a top 20 pick on a nickel back.
Having faith in Jackson is one thing. I think he takes over as the main returner next season if/when Jacoby signs elsewhere. I'm not confident about him as a cover guy though. Just not enough to go off of. It could really go either way but I'd rather they get a somebody that they know has real talent. With as many nickel alignments as the Ravens play (that's they're main pass defense formation with them rarely going to dime) I'm not worried about a nickel CB taken high not being worth it. Just look at how much Corey Graham is on the field.

Quote:
I would jump all over a TE if we can get one. We all know how much a TE means to Joe judging his play w/o Pitta. A guy who can stretch the field in between the numbers would help Pitta out even more.
Like I said this one if iffy with me. If Caldwell is still the OC will he be able to create a viable 2 TE offense? Will anybody they bring in be able to do so? Meh. They might even need one regardless if Pitta loses anything because of his injury too. He's already a guy limited by speed and if any of that is gone... yuck. I really don't know.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
McPhee has looked good in the very limited opportunities he's had. It's just hard to get him on the field with Suggs, Dumervil, and Upshaw ahead of him. Especially when Dean "Vanilla" Pees is calling the defense. At this point taking a DE/OLB would be far too much of a luxury..
YEah Pees needs to step his game up. Im sure one of Rex's playbooks is laying around the castle somewhere. IT sucks he never picked it up. It is funny today I Was thinking randomly if Rex Ryan ever had Suggs and Doom together he would have probably killed a QB by now. Look at what he made Adalius Thomas next to a developing Suggs.

Quote:
Eh, I don't know about a 4-3 look. It's certainly not a terrible idea but I like the front seven guys on the team better in a 3-4 configuration. They're already running a lot of 4-man lines/pass-rusher alignments anyways. It should be the same thing next year even if Pees gets canned like I (and most everybody I bet) hope..

Im concerned with our depth for the line if we go 34 next year. I say that because I just don't see Jones coming back. Ngata/Williams/Canty will be a fine starting group but Ngata and Canty are somewhat injury prone. I like Tyson but Kapron Lewis-Moore has had 2 serious knee injuries in his JR and SR seasons. We could bring Cody back but we will maybe a little shallow for DE. Also if Mosley is close to the Kuechly level prospect some people are saying (Phil Savage) it would probably be in our BPA mode to take him. With guys like him and Brown it would be best to move them to their best suited positions and I think that is a 43. Harbaugh was a a coach under the famous Jim Johnson blitzes. So was Spagnuolo. It will not surprise me that Pees gets canned and we move into a Jim Johnson attacking 43. Mosley and Brown can be the speedy linebackers you build a 43 around.

Quote:
Like I said this one if iffy with me. If Caldwell is still the OC will he be able to create a viable 2 TE offense? Will anybody they bring in be able to do so? Meh. They might even need one regardless if Pitta loses anything because of his injury too. He's already a guy limited by speed and if any of that is gone... yuck. I really don't know.
Good point about Caldwell. He isn't Cameron bad so we will see. Also some journalists are speculating (IDK if they have legit sources) that it Harbaugh has more say in the offense then one would think so we will see what Harbaugh will want to do.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 11-19-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Ravens1991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top 2 need are OL (LT/LG/C/RT, depending if Monroe stays and if we put KO at LG or try him at RT again) and WR. I assume we are picking in the mid to late teens so let's see what talent is there of value. I would love to grab Mike Evens if he slide because of his speed.

I'm not too stressed about MLB or DL bodies. I think those are positions that can be filled in with veterans or later draft picks. We have some younger guys that might step up as well.

Adding another pass rusher would be nice but I think our OLB group will hold for a few more year so it isn't a pressing issue.

A ton will change depending on FA. If we lose Pitta and Monroe our plans change quickly. I think BPA still reigns supreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

IDK if we will go RT assuming we re-sign Monroe. Wagner had a real good pre season but looked terrible when he got thrown in against Denver.

Also WR definetly should be something we look at.