Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-14-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fo...ry/938301.html

I'd honestly prefer to get a complimentary OLB to Suggs like a Larry English.

I believe that Ziggy Hood can make the transition to the 5 technique. He's only 1 inch shorter than your typical prototype of 6'5".
He's a bit shorter than 6'3" but that's not even the point. I've watched a lot of Big 12 ball and he's never had to do much of tying up blockers. He's added a lot of weight his senior year, and he's a strong guy, but its a risky move taking him hoping he'd adjust to being a 3-4 end, after being more of a gap penetration player. But I won't disagree with you that he has potential to be a Trevor Pryce kind of end. I just don't know how easy that would come to him.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we brought in DHB for a private work out, and brought Flacco in to pass to him.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,6395292.story
Old 03-16-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
we brought in DHB for a private work out, and brought Flacco in to pass to him.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,6395292.story
ooohhhh. just the thought of Flacco's going deep to Heyward-Bey makes me cream in my pants. They'd compliment each other perfectly.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes but there is a chance DHB goes as high as 8 now. IDK if it will become a reality. What would you guys feel if we trade up for him? I dont wanna trade up too high and give 2 much, like if he is going to 8 I would be pissed if we trade up to 7. but I wouldnt mind trading for a pick in the 15th range to get him before NYJ or CHI
Old 03-18-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Anyone else heard rumors that the NYJ are trying to trade for Troy Smith? I heard it on the radio.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone else heard rumors that the NYJ are trying to trade for Troy Smith? I heard it on the radio.
Give us Jim Leonhard back lol
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind too much if we traded him, but that would basically eliminate our wildcat wrinkle. I'd rather keep him.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

If DHB is at 17, I think we should offer Smith,the 26th then like a 4th or a 5th.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If DHB is at 17, I think we should offer Smith,the 26th then like a 4th or a 5th.
I gotta disagree, trust me nobody wants DHB more than I but I like having a QB that knows the system and can perform on the field at backup, rather than risk losing him for a player who quite honestly has a boom/bust type of skillset. I think if DHB is at 17 we could make a move with the Jets that doesnt involve Troy, but I dont think we'll move up for DHB sadly.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Let him go I think we could get some draft picks or another backup and then lets draft a QB or sign a Vet that can come in and assist in the mentoring of Flacco..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I think Troy would falter pretty badly in a WC offense. It'd be a horrible move on the Jets part.

In other news, did anybody see Ramses Barden put up a 4.5 Pro Day 40? I think if he's avail late second, we take him. Even if we get a guy like Harvin in the first, he just has a skill set that's hard to pass up on. Besides, we've already got a trend of second rd busts, so what would it hurt?
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes I love that guy.

what about Andre Smith round 1 then Barden round 2
Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
yes I love that guy.

what about Andre Smith round 1 then Barden round 2
I just can't see him falling to us..despite his horrible pre-draft. I think it's reasonable to say we'd take him too..seeing as Gaither had the same kinds of problems coming out of college(Intangibles, Maturity), he could be somewhat of a mentor for Andre, i'm sure.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes he would make a nasty RT. but w/ his attitude issues IDK if he is a harbuagh kind of guy. And spending a 5th is different then a 1st. plus Gaither is a better prospect.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HYzZzufMRU

A great block by Britt, I love that in a WR we need a big guy like that that loves to block. He laid that guy out.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I've seen that clip.. that is quite the block for a WR. But I want to see him burn someone deep and do that block on the next play. That is what we could really use !!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Call me crazy, but didn't L. Neal really help your run game last year. Same thing he did for that guy in S. Diego for a few years. Why is he not re-signed?
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

good question my guess is age. Maybe he is gonna retire IDK.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's some info about the Neal situation...

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.ph...6&view=archive
Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, I was just reading an article on Neal when I came to this thread, but I think he can still bulldoze linebackers as he showed us last year. I think w/o him, McClain has to be the full time FB and I'd rather have him a be RB for us. If we don't geta mauling FB in the draft, I want us to re-sign Neal, the guy can still play and he showed us all last year.

As for Kenny Britt, I've loved him since day 1. Perfect fit in our offense and I'd be thrilled to have him as a Raven. Willing blocker, VERY physical, good hands, terrific size, good and underrated speed, and most of all, just a straight up nasty WR.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

oh and another interesting situtation, What if Chris Wells fell to us? Personally I really think RB isn't a need but think about it. He's young talented and a great player, perfect compliment to Rice, and most importantly, darfting him moves McClain to FB. Honestly I wouldn't mind having Wells but then again, we already have a loaded backfield but just a thought. Plus, Ozzie is always set out for draft the BPA, lets see how true to that statement he really is.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
oh and another interesting situtation, What if Chris Wells fell to us? Personally I really think RB isn't a need but think about it. He's young talented and a great player, perfect compliment to Rice, and most importantly, darfting him moves McClain to FB. Honestly I wouldn't mind having Wells but then again, we already have a loaded backfield but just a thought. Plus, Ozzie is always set out for draft the BPA, lets see how true to that statement he really is.
No chance, if we were to go crazy off the script we'd probably even take a Louis Delmas or Perria Jerry before we ever took a RB especially one like Wells who isn't a gamebreaker. We were one of the best running teams last year going by committee and it works as everyone is fresh. Also don't forget the huge Mcgahee contract and he should be the starting back. People need to get off his nuts.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
No chance, if we were to go crazy off the script we'd probably even take a Louis Delmas or Perria Jerry before we ever took a RB especially one like Wells who isn't a gamebreaker. We were one of the best running teams last year going by committee and it works as everyone is fresh. Also don't forget the huge Mcgahee contract and he should be the starting back. People need to get off his nuts.
Exactly. Interestingly enough, Delmas is coming to Baltimore for a visit. I love him as a player, but i just can't see us taking him.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
very true, he had an injury plagued year last year, the year before he did a good job for us. He IMO is still the number 1, but I mentioned Wells to us, because right now, we don't have a FB on the roster. (correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't McClain make the change to RB ? or is he still listed as a FB? Drafting Wells, lets up move McClain to FB and replace his power running with Chris Wells, whatever though, its almost 100% unlikely, just throwing it out there :)
Old 03-27-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Exactly. Interestingly enough, Delmas is coming to Baltimore for a visit. I love him as a player, but i just can't see us taking him.
That is interesting, I like him but he torn up so-so competition. I never saw him play and from his scouting report he sounds like a beast but he did play for Western Michigan.