Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-25-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports is reporting that Tyson Jackson is the target if they trade up to the top 10. He sites "three league sources".

I don't think we're going to see it happen though. The Pats are probably talking with quite a few teams just getting an idea of what it takes to move to various spots just in case someone they like falls.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
By the way, Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports is reporting that Tyson Jackson is the target if they trade up to the top 10. He sites "three league sources".

I don't think we're going to see it happen though. The Pats are probably talking with quite a few teams just getting an idea of what it takes to move to various spots just in case someone they like falls.
Maybe, I mean, maybe they are planning on saying bye bye to Seymour and re-signing what is left? He is a solid potential replacement.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Brandon Tate pick. We do need to look at a young pass rusher desperately, the kid from Texas Tech or Sidbury would be my preferences. At ILB I like Phillips out of TCU and Beckwith, maybe even Brinkley if we want a 2 down thumper and then we'll put Guyton in on 3rd.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrone McKenzie? We need a LB but I can't say I thought we would be looking really hard at him. Doesn't really strike me as a 3-4 guy, I guess he'll play inside for us but I think it's a good pick.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-26-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rich Ohrnberger OG- What do you guys think of this pick?
BB traded up to get him.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
BB traded up to get him.
He could start for us I think, I was suprised when I saw is but he is a good run blocker. He doesn't have much size though.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-26-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love if we somehow landed F. Joseph (FAU)

Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
BB traded up to get him.
Could replace Hochstein is my thinking.
________
CALIFORNIA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:25 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 610 pass attempts by Houston last year, Vollmer allowed only one sack. I for one am excited.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
In 610 pass attempts by Houston last year, Vollmer allowed only one sack. I for one am excited.
yeah but i think that may be skewed cuz i believe houston has like a texas tech system where there are alot of two step throws

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do a lot of that type of stuff as well though. It's not the most accurate stat in the world and it certainly doesn't take offensive schemes into account, but I really don't think someone who was a complete wet behind the ears European player could be that effective. Basically I'm just trying to say he isn't as super raw as people think.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vollmer sounds like a Michael Roos clone. Seems to have worked out well enough for Tennessee...
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive gotta be honest I don't know much about Vollmer but a lot of places Im reading are saying he could be a starter by late in the season which is pretty good

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited just based on the mammoth size of this guy.

Listed at 312 pounds and 6.6 . . . OMFG

And this is not a maxxed out frame from the looks of the photos

With some TE in his past it is possible he has decent enough hands . . .

Say hello to your new, in-line, goal line "tight end" - I'll be honest, I'm drooling a little just thinking about it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

We'll see. I like his potential but I'm not THAT excited about it. He has a lot of work to do.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

He's an extremely good athlete either. Not the kind that runs a good forty, but he's fluid and has really nice feet. He actually needs to add a few pounds to be effective. He could use 15 or so pounds of muscle.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vollmer and Ohrnberger both have experience and potential to get better. Pre-draft rankings are really way off every year from the order that OL's get drafted in. Every team's OL board seems to vary greatly. We'll just have to give them time and see what happens. Even Bussey may be a keeper. He was on the pre-season Outland Trophy watch list this past year so he must have some ability even if he didn't end up as a highly ranked player after the season.

I honestly thought the entire OL crop in this draft was pretty bad, so it's not like there were any other guys I thought were so much better that the Pats should have drafted. The only OL I really liked was Duke Robinson and he didn't even go until late fifth or something like that. So I just hope that out of that mediocre draft class, the Pats have come up with one or two that can become good pros.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote