Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-13-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
USC_BOUND
Rookie

USC_BOUND hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Joe McKnight

When he comes out where do you feel he will be taken in that years draft and how good do you feel he will be as a pro?
USC_BOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a poor man's Reggie. Take that for what it's worth.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather take a chance on Stafon Johnson in the mid/late rounds.

That said, as a satellite player as Bill Parcells would say, McKnight is interesting. Like Jerious Norwood of the Falcons, who was correctly taken in the third round in '06.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd-3rd round as a WR and occasional back, mostly for screens, swings (NO) and shotgun pitch plays (ATL).

Poor man's Reggie is correct. Not as fast or elusive, and even less capable of running inside.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'd much rather take a chance on Stafon Johnson in the mid/late rounds.

That said, as a satellite player as Bill Parcells would say, McKnight is interesting. Like Jerious Norwood of the Falcons, who was correctly taken in the third round in '06.
I am firmly convinced that Stafon Johnson would be a first rounder if he wasn't in an offense that spread the carries out so much.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I am firmly convinced that Stafon Johnson would be a first rounder if he wasn't in an offense that spread the carries out so much.
He def would be. Plus if he wasn't in Carroll's dog house his first 2 years. He's the most talented runner on that team which is full of talent. He sort of reminds me of a less explosive Darren McFadden.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
He'll find a place to start in the NFL and i believe he will be successful.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_BOUND View Post
When he comes out where do you feel he will be taken in that years draft and how good do you feel he will be as a pro?
Reggie Bush has killed his stock. Just like BMW and Dwayne Jarrett will kill Patrick Turner's stock (at least those two were productive at SC). He probably shouldn't be touched before the 3rd round.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
Reggie Bush has killed his stock. Just like BMW and Dwayne Jarrett will kill Patrick Turner's stock (at least those two were productive at SC). He probably shouldn't be touched before the 3rd round.
How has Reggie hurt his stock? Reggie was worth a round 1 pick...
Old 12-14-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
How has Reggie hurt his stock? Reggie was worth a round 1 pick...
I don't think he was worth a 1st or a 2nd. 6-0 200 lb backs that run a 4.4 are a dime a dozen. As the other poster stated in here earlier Reggie Bush = Jerious Norwood. I think that is a great comparison for him.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
I don't think he was worth a 1st or a 2nd. 6-0 200 lb backs that run a 4.4 are a dime a dozen. As the other poster stated in here earlier Reggie Bush = Jerious Norwood. I think that is a great comparison for him.
except for the fact that Jerious Norwood never lead the league in touchdowns the way Reggie was doing this year until he got hurt. I mean seriously did you even watch Reggie in college?....not alot of playmakers like him.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's even less suited to being a feature runner than Reggie was coming out of USC, but he's got great skills. Return men are valuable enough these days in themselves and McKnight has proved that he can play some receiver and take occasional handoffs out of the backfield. Someone will try and utilize him. I guess I'd say early 2nd to early 3rd, I had to guess.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
He's even less suited to being a feature runner than Reggie was coming out of USC, but he's got great skills. Return men are valuable enough these days in themselves and McKnight has proved that he can play some receiver and take occasional handoffs out of the backfield. Someone will try and utilize him. I guess I'd say early 2nd to early 3rd, I had to guess.
yeah well im not saying hes the prospect Reggie was coming out, i just dont like the statement he made saying that "Reggie has hurt his Stock" because i do not think thats true.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah well im not saying hes the prospect Reggie was coming out, i just dont like the statement he made saying that "Reggie has hurt his Stock" because i do not think thats true.
Well, if Reggie had come into the league and easily adjusted to running inside, it would have helped McKnight more than Bush has helped him so far. I think it's fair to say that if the 2006 draft was redone, the Saints probably would look elsewhere.

That said, McKnight is so skinny, even if Bush had been a decent inside runner out of the gates, I don't think many would consider him to be quite on the same level. He (McKnight) is not quite as decisive as inside runners like Chris Johnson, but he's very dangerous in the open field. Someone will take advantage of that.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Quote:
except for the fact that Jerious Norwood never lead the league in touchdowns the way Reggie was doing this year until he got hurt. I mean seriously did you even watch Reggie in college?....not alot of playmakers like him.
Jerious also gets something like 5 touches a game. I think that the speed in the Pac-10 is seriously lacking at schools other than SC. Reggie was able to run around people like you see in high school highlight tapes, but that doesn't happen in the NFL. I look for a 1st round pick to be more than a complementary piece of a position.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reggie Bush hasn't even been able to stay healthy in a part-time role. What good is he if he's not on the field?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Bush is worht a first round but not #2 overall. If Bush can stay healthy he could be looking at a pro bowl soon.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Reggie Bush hasn't even been able to stay healthy in a part-time role. What good is he if he's not on the field?
Says the guy with a Percy Harvin sig. :)
Old 12-15-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Other than his first year when has it been a part time role? Hes taken alot of the load most of his seasons in the league due to Deuce being hurt. Reggie isnt a number one back but he is perfect for a situation where he is rotating with someone....
Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Quote:
Other than his first year when has it been a part time role? Hes taken alot of the load most of his seasons in the league due to Deuce being hurt. Reggie isnt a number one back but he is perfect for a situation where he is rotating with someone....
Season 1: Deuce w/ Reggie as the complement
Season 2: Reggie never carried the load even with Deuce hurt
Season 3: Pierre w/Reggie as the complement

Being a complementary guy is not worth a 1st round pick. He does work kind of ok as a slot guy even though 8 ypr isn't all that stellar, but for what he has provided as a running back he wasn't worth the 1st round pick and certainly not the 2nd overall selection. Saying he wasn't worth a 2nd is pretty harsh and I amend that statement as I would equate him to Hester in that draft.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. Why does AD get a bum rap as "injury prone" when he touches the ball more and actually plays games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
USC_BOUND
Rookie

Well if he got the carries he could be a beast at SC! I feel that way about all the backs. I think its 2 early 2 decide where he would be selected but as of now id say late 2nd early 3rd. I do expect that to rise alot next year when he gets alot more carries
Old 12-16-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

My answer will always be it depends on how many players are better than him at the same position. If he was top or even the second best return specialist/weapon player, then I agree, the early second to mid third round projection is probably fair. To me though, he's not a kick return guy, more purely a punt returner at the next level, and his straight line speed isn't that good. For comparison's sake, if I give C.J. Spiller, who I despise (maybe a little strong), daylight, I know he's gone. With McKnight, at the next level, I just don't know. Those things combined make me think closer to the fourth than the second.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
USC_BOUND
Rookie

Well i feel he can jump up into the first round possibly even next year cause of the carries he will be gettin. I look at Moreno and see that he is projected 2 go in the first. Joe is WAY better, he just dont get the rock as much. And by the way Joe run a 4.37 in the 40.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_BOUND View Post
Well i feel he can jump up into the first round possibly even next year cause of the carries he will be gettin. I look at Moreno and see that he is projected 2 go in the first. Joe is WAY better, he just dont get the rock as much. And by the way Joe run a 4.37 in the 40.
I would say that Moreno is a significantly better inside runner and a real, three-down, potential franchise running back, which McKnight is not. And seriously, you think McKnight is better than Moreno? I'm not the biggest Moreno fan but as a prospect I'd take him a good two rounds before McKnight. As for 40 time, I couldn't give a damn. I see how he plays on the field and it doesn't match up with 4.3 anything.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote