Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-16-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
Season 1: Deuce w/ Reggie as the complement
Season 2: Reggie never carried the load even with Deuce hurt
Season 3: Pierre w/Reggie as the complement

Being a complementary guy is not worth a 1st round pick. He does work kind of ok as a slot guy even though 8 ypr isn't all that stellar, but for what he has provided as a running back he wasn't worth the 1st round pick and certainly not the 2nd overall selection. Saying he wasn't worth a 2nd is pretty harsh and I amend that statement as I would equate him to Hester in that draft.
Your logic is off. I don't like the Reggie Bush = Devin Hester although if it were today I'd like both as mid - late first round picks.

The McKnight to Norwood comparison is fairly accurate except I like him more as a second round value similarly to one of the other tailbacks Johnson. The guy I really like in that SC backfield the most is actually Gable and he always seems to be overlooked for whatever reason. He arguably is their most explosive back and could potentially be projected in the same range too.

So in the end we got a bunch of 2nd – 3rd round guys all due to the surplus of talent at one position. The good and bad of SC I suppose. Sucks.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******** McKnight ran a 4.37 40. Did you say Vontae hawk his ass down in the Rose Bowl last year from about 20 yards away? And Vontae is a legit 4.3 guy.

Well ok maybe he did but that's without pads and on a track, or some kind of running surface. That's not in pads, and on the field he's not a 4.3 guy, I care about game speed and McKnight does not have 4.37 game speed.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-f-39A4fs

About 2:10 in...That's not 4.37 game speed.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
USC_BOUND
Rookie

USC_BOUND hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No thats not game speed...that what he was timed at when he at JC. I do feel he better than moreno if he could get the opertunities to show it. I've seen him during practice and he kills it.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_BOUND View Post
No thats not game speed...that what he was timed at when he at JC. I do feel he better than moreno if he could get the opertunities to show it. I've seen him during practice and he kills it.
Then why not in games? You'd think Pete Carroll knows what's best for his football team, and obviously it hasn't been more Joe McKnight.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-f-39A4fs

About 2:10 in...That's not 4.37 game speed.
He was running at an angle that entire play, the Illinois player had to run in a straight line and cut him off. That just shows an inability to finish the run by moving vertically.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
USC_BOUND
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
Then why not in games? You'd think Pete Carroll knows what's best for his football team, and obviously it hasn't been more Joe McKnight.
That I do not know the answer 2! I think its because of the amount of talent we have at that position. I know before the season they sat Joe down and told him how they palnned on using him but injuries got in the way.

I really do think SJ will declare for the draft THIS year and that would leave big dog Bradford, cj, and Joe gettiing carries next season. With Joe getting the most.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
I don't think he was worth a 1st or a 2nd. 6-0 200 lb backs that run a 4.4 are a dime a dozen. As the other poster stated in here earlier Reggie Bush = Jerious Norwood. I think that is a great comparison for him.
Yeah those 6' tall, 200lb running backs really are a dime a dozen.

FYI

Steve Slaton= 6' 200lb
Chris Johnson= 6' 200lb
Brian Westbrook= 6' 200lb

Im sure if the Texans, Titans, and Eagles lost any of there backs they could just go out and find another 6' 200lb back on the street.

Yeah Bush=Norwood in size and playing style sure but not in productivity. Norwood has a career total of 7 touchdowns where as Bush has 9 in only 10 games this season. Bush can be used out of the back field or in the slot or spread wideout or in punt returns and so on.

As far as McKnight is concerned, it is far too early to tell where he should be taken in the draft. There is this thing that is called the NFL combine that will help determine that.

As for you, please go watch some football before you make comments on here that lack any substance.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
Steve Slaton= 6' 200lb
Steve Slaton and Brian Westbrook are most definitely not 6' tall.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Steve Slaton and Brian Westbrook are most definitely not 6' tall.
yeah i was just about to say the same thing lol.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Yeah those 6' tall, 200lb running backs really are a dime a dozen.

FYI

Steve Slaton= 6' 200lb
Chris Johnson= 6' 200lb

Im sure if the Texans, Titans, and Eagles lost any of there backs they could just go out and find another 6' 200lb back on the street.

Yeah Bush=Norwood in size and playing style sure but not in productivity. Norwood has a career total of 7 touchdowns where as Bush has 9 in only 10 games this season. Bush can be used out of the back field or in the slot or spread wideout or in punt returns and so on.

As far as McKnight is concerned, it is far too early to tell where he should be taken in the draft. There is this thing that is called the NFL combine that will help determine that.

As for you, please go watch some football before you make comments on here that lack any substance.
The thing is, both Slaton and Westbrook were third round picks. Chris Johnson was only a first rounder because he ran 4.24. I guarantee you that you could add a round for every .1 added to that time. And there are plenty of backs like that, maybe not a dime a dozen, but there are quite a few guys. Lorenzo Booker, Tashard Choice, Antonio Pittman, etc. You've picked a few guys that have managed to excel, but overall the number of guys with that size/speed combo is quite high, there just aren't many who succeed whether is be due to situation, lack of other specific skill, or whatever. Whether Joe McKnight succeeds or not, that doesn't change the fact that there will be more than a few prospects with similar triangle numbers coming out (assuming he does run a 4.4 and not a 4.3).

Last edited by Race for the Heisman : 12-22-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
yeah i was just about to say the same thing lol.
Probably not but they are not far off from being that height.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably not but they are not far off from being that height.
They're both 5'9".
Old 12-22-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
The thing is, both Slaton and Westbrook were third round picks. Chris Johnson was only a first rounder because he ran 4.24. I guarantee you that you could add a round for every .1 added to that time. And there are plenty of backs like that, maybe not a dime a dozen, but there are quite a few guys. Lorenzo Booker, Tashard Choice, Antonio Pittman, etc. You've picked a few guys that have managed to excel, but overall the number of guys with that size/speed combo is quite high, there just aren't many who succeed whether is be due to situation, lack of other specific skill, or whatever. Whether Joe McKnight succeeds or not, that doesn't change the fact that there will be more than a few prospects with similar triangle numbers coming out (assuming he does run a 4.4 and not a 4.3).
I just dont like the generalization that was made that because somebodies a certain size they are automatically assumed to play a certain way. IE Bush playing like Norwood.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
They're both 5'9".
Damn, I just double checked. Your right, my bad. But you see the point I was trying to make right?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I just dont like the generalization that was made that because somebodies a certain size they are automatically assumed to play a certain way. IE Bush playing like Norwood.
It's not about Bush playing like Norwood as much as it is that Bush is not an NFL caliber starting rb. He has done ok as a complementary player, but has shown that he was not worth anything close to the 2nd overall pick.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Bingo. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Quote:
I can appreciate that.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
It's not about Bush playing like Norwood as much as it is that Bush is not an NFL caliber starting rb. He has done ok as a complementary player, but has shown that he was not worth anything close to the 2nd overall pick.
I still believe he can live up to his hype. Obviously he hasnt done that yet but he is still young and has all the ability in the world to make it happen in the future.

ugh...

The Joe McKnight thread has become yet another Bush thread

Sorry back to the subject

When it comes done to it I believe Mcknight will be a late first / early second round pick. He may have been hawked done by Davis in the Rose Bowl but the thing about that is that it wasnt just some scrubb that ran him down, it was Vontae Davis. Mcknight is fast and elusive and I bet some team will fall in love with him come draft day whenever he comes out.

Its hard to gauge the SC backs right now on how their game might translate into the pro's though simply because, for me, I dont get to see enough of what one of them can do on a consistent basis. Constant rotation of backs and giving certain players more time then others in certain games makes it really difficult. In all honesty right now I think Gable might end up being the best of the bunch, but that is just an assumption at best right now based on watching games.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe McKnight is a poor man's Reggie Bush enough said!
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Joe McKnight is a poor man's Reggie Bush enough said!
has anyone on here said anything different??
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

I wonder how good McKnight could have been as a corner...
Old 12-29-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jahvid best is better
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
USC_BOUND
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayeah View Post
jahvid best is better
He got how many carries this year compared ta my boy Joe???
Old 01-06-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_BOUND View Post
He got how many carries this year compared ta my boy Joe???
Best is better and it's not even close. Has nothing to do with carries. Best is a damn machine.

He ran the ball 194 times and still managed to average 8.1 ypc.

McKnight only ran the ball 89 times for 7.4 ypc.

Common sense will tell you that if McKnight got an extra 105 carries he would wear down and his ypc would drop some.

And none of this even takes into account that Cal has zero passing game to take the pressure off of Best.

Best is better the McKnight every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote