Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Best is better and it's not even close. Has nothing to do with carries. Best is a damn machine.

He ran the ball 194 times and still managed to average 8.1 ypc.

McKnight only ran the ball 89 times for 7.4 ypc.

Common sense will tell you that if McKnight got an extra 105 carries he would wear down and his ypc would drop some.

And none of this even takes into account that Cal has zero passing game to take the pressure off of Best.

Best is better the McKnight every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.
USC doesnt think so...
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best is faster than McKnight, but that's about it. I'd take best over mcknight, but not by much. Best will be a better Pro prospect by far though...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Best is faster than McKnight, but that's about it. I'd take best over mcknight, but not by much. Best will be a better Pro prospect by far though...
If all Best has is speed over McKnight, why would you take him over McKnight?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
USC doesnt think so...
USC also thought Patrick Turner was better than DeSean Jackson. USC isn't always right...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
USC also thought Patrick Turner was better than DeSean Jackson. USC isn't always right...
Pat Turner fits our offense better....

although i wouldnt have any problems having Desean at USC, but that will never happen.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post

although i wouldnt have any problems having Desean at USC, but that will never happen.
Yeah, you could make a case for that being true, but also I think DeSean would have preferred playing immediately as opposed to sitting behind two studs (at the time) the way Turner did.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
If all Best has is speed over McKnight, why would you take him over McKnight?
I said it'd be close.

I think their vision is about the same (best is a lil more decisive when he runs compared to mcknight). Mcknight has more wiggle and moves, but has been known to dance too much, while best doesn't have the same problem (well atleast to joe's extent). I like Mcknight's hands WAY more and I like mcknight in open space or in one-on-one situations, but the thing that makes me like best more than mcknight is his superior break away speed. That speed is truly the difference. There has been many times Joe has made one or two defenders miss and starts to run but cant accelerate quick enough to break the long one...Best has that speed to make that 10 or 15 yard run a 50 yard run.

Quote:

wrong, the coaches wanted desean but assumed PT was the next coming of BMW. Desean wanted the "no. 1" jersey and was angry that USC felt that PT was better....we were wrong. I don't know how desean wouldn't have fit our offense, that's like saying ROJO doesn't fit our offense.

Quote:
Yeah, you could make a case for that being true, but also I think DeSean would have preferred playing immediately as opposed to sitting behind two studs (at the time) the way Turner did.
and thats the other reason.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

lol at USC fans thinking McKnight is as good as Best.

Best has him beat in everyway.

More Carries, More Yards, Higher YPC, Ore TDs, Faster, Better inside runner, better Pro Prospect.

How is this even a debate?
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
lol at USC fans thinking McKnight is as good as Best.

Best has him beat in everyway.

More Carries, More Yards, Higher YPC, Ore TDs, Faster, Better inside runner, better Pro Prospect.

How is this even a debate?
Because sharing the ball and not being the no.1 rb on the team is gonna help his numbers. I said I'd take Best over Mcknight, but not by alot. The better inside runner stuff is false, I watch both of their games, and Mcknight doesn't have a problem running inside. It's just a stupid stereotype he gets because of the reggie comparisons (which are also dumb). Best is a far better pro prospect and joe will never have the chance to show what he could do with most of the carries here, but best isn't better than joe in every category, not even close. Is best better...yes, not debating that, best has proved what he can do and he's more dynamic than joe, but what you said just seemed like a like a big exaggeration (IMO).
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
wrong, the coaches wanted desean but assumed PT was the next coming of BMW. Desean wanted the "no. 1" jersey and was angry that USC felt that PT was better....we were wrong. I don't know how desean wouldn't have fit our offense, that's like saying ROJO doesn't fit our offense
PT was the number 1 rated WR that year. We gave him the #1 because he was our choice in recruit, Desean threw a big ol fit because he felt that he deserved that number more, and bolted to Cal.

We have always had big, strong WR's and thats the mold Turner fit, so in a way, PT fits our Offense better.

And in no way and im saying RoJo doesnt fit our offense because he is my favorite WR we have, but he is not in the same mold of the WRs we have had in the past.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Because sharing the ball and not being the no.1 rb on the team is gonna help his numbers. I said I'd take Best over Mcknight, but not by alot. The better inside runner stuff is false, I watch both of their games, and Mcknight doesn't have a problem running inside. It's just a stupid stereotype he gets because of the reggie comparisons (which are also dumb). Best is a far better pro prospect and joe will never have the chance to show what he could do with most of the carries here, but best isn't better than joe in every category, not even close. Is best better...yes, not debating that, best has proved what he can do and he's more dynamic than joe, but what you said just seemed like a like a big exaggeration (IMO).
No. Even if McKnight was a solid inside runner, and I guess he's okay at it at the college level, he' still worse than Best, which means Best is a better inside runner.

Overall, I'd give McKnight the edge on elusiveness by a little bit, punt returns, and as a receiver, but if I'm running the ball I pick Best and it really isn't even close.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Best only got 16 carries a game.

Heck Best got 194 carries during the year. His backup Vereen got 142.

So let's not act like Best didn't have to share the load as well. He certainly did give up the rock more then often.

You guys are penalizing Best on his yards and TDs because he has more carries.

Usually that is a good arguement. But not when Best has a higher YPC. That means, he's not getting his numbers just because he has the ball all the time. The means he's getting his numbers because he's better then everyone else.

Listen, I'm a outside to this situation. I'm a Miami fan. I've watched both play. Best is the more impressive player on film, in games and his numbers back that up. It's not even really all that close.

If I took their jersey's off, let you watch them play, and showed you the numbers, you wouldn't think it is really all that close either.

Problem is that you have Joe McKnight in your avatar so your gonna see what you wanna see.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a USC fan and I [bold]fully[/bold] admit jahvid best is a better RB and better runner than Joe Mcknight, but to say that Jahvid best is better than joe mcknight by a wide margin is ludicrious.

You can say we're bias towards mcknight for being USC fans but it's a double standard because we've also seen more of him than you.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In turn, we've probably also seen more of jahvid best than you.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Best better. That said, I am utterly and completely biased.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Joe McKnight doesn't deserve to be in the conservation with jahvid Best.Not only is Best the far better college player but hes also the far better prospect.McKnights career relies on the hype he recieved coming into college and all the Reggie Bush comparisons.If he was a 3 star prospect coming out of HS we'd never be having this conversation right now.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Joe McKnight doesn't deserve to be in the conservation with jahvid Best.Not only is Best the far better college player but hes also the far better prospect.McKnights career relies on the hype he recieved coming into college and all the Reggie Bush comparisons.If he was a 3 star prospect coming out of HS we'd never be having this conversation right now.
but there was a reason he wasn't a 3 star prospect.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
shane vereen>joe mcknight
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
santeria531

McKnight is a better all-purpose player, while Best is the better pure RB.... That's it in a nutshell. Best is probably the better NFL prospect too. The main difference between RB's at SC and other schools is that they have a 5-star recruit for every type of back, but yet most of them aren't geared very well for the NFL.
Examples:
Stafon Johnson = good inside RB
Joe McKnight = playmaking RB
CJ Gable = versatile RB that can go both inside & outside decently
Marc Tyler = badass :)
Old 01-07-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Jahvid Best running style reminds me of AD.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:

So let's not act like Best didn't have to share the load as well. He certainly did give up the rock more then often.

Usually that is a good arguement. But not when Best has a higher YPC. That means, he's not getting his numbers just because he has the ball all the time. The means he's getting his numbers because he's better then everyone else.

Listen, I'm a outside to this situation. I'm a Miami fan. I've watched both play. Best is the more impressive player on film, in games and his numbers back that up. It's not even really all that close.

If I took their jersey's off, let you watch them play, and showed you the numbers, you wouldn't think it is really all that close either.

Problem is that you have Joe McKnight in your avatar so your gonna see what you wanna see.
Joe's probably my least favorite RB on the team , and I don't know if you get that I am agreeing with you (just to a lesser extent).
Old 01-07-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Jahvid Best running style reminds me of AD.
hes not half as physical as Peterson was in college.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Joe makes it up into the 2nd, to be honest. I think he's a steal in the 3rd but probably not going to end up going much higher due to bust concerns and utter lack of inside running. He will be a great complimentary back IMO to a legit workhorse.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

LOL you shattered his swag
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:56 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

future bust