Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Lions vs Packers Who Wins?
Lions 27 29.03%
Packers 66 70.97%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2008, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well considering how crappy we've played we really don't even deserve to win this game to save our asses. Hell maybe some good ol' rioting fans will straighten out Ford (and by maybe I mean 'no')

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:26 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the lions biggest problems? I havent seen them play this year.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
You'd probably get farther if you asked what aren't the Lions biggest problems...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:49 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Defense is 32nd and last in total yardage (399.1), points (32.4), rushing (169.5) and QB rating (109.3). They are 26th in pass yardage but that's only because they are so easy to run against. Just look at that opponents' QB rating to get a truer reflection.

Offense is 30th in total yardage and rushing. They are 26th in passing yardage, 27th in points scored and 28th in QB rating.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:52 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But the Lions are FIRST in Field Goals over 50 yards thanks to Jason Hanson being a perfect 8-8 this season. :)
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:10 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to win.. I have a feeling they'll win..but I expect them to lose.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aaron rodgers is gonna have a field day
i can see that happening
pack wins

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How epic would it be if Calvin Johnson, the one and only bright spot to the Lions, dropped a game winning TD as time expired to lose the game? Wow, there would be some more riots in Detroit.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
How epic would it be if Calvin Johnson, the one and only bright spot to the Lions, dropped a game winning TD as time expired to lose the game? Wow, there would be some more riots in Detroit.
Umm . . . no. There would be no riots. No one in Detroit gives a damn about the Lions at this point.

And why is the common perception off Detroit that there's riots all the time? Does anyone know the last time there were riots over sporting events in Detroit? Did anyone happen to catch all the insanity that went on in Philly when they won the World Series? Double-Standard?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Umm . . . no. There would be no riots. No one in Detroit gives a damn about the Lions at this point.

And why is the common perception off Detroit that there's riots all the time? Does anyone know the last time there were riots over sporting events in Detroit? Did anyone happen to catch all the insanity that went on in Philly when they won the World Series? Double-Standard?
I'd chalk it up to good old fashioned racism.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I've been tossing this around in my head and am wondering which franchise is in worse shape when it comes to the front office: Detroit or Oakland?
It would be easier to turn Oakland around if a competent GM was there, Detroit really has no talented players outside of Calvin and even Ernie Sims had somewhat of a down year.

Oakland has a nice backfield, a potential franchise QB, elite CB, talent all in the secondary, they just need to revamp the coaching staff and General Management...Being that it won't happen and Al Davis will still be there and Millen is gone Oakland is the worst franchise now, but if Al Davis could get fired as he should be, I don't think it would be that tough to turn around Oakland.

Look at Miami and Atlanta this year how fast they turned around, on paper Oakland has more talent then those teams, add one more draft and Free Agency they could be very competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Look at Miami and Atlanta this year how fast they turned around, on paper Oakland has more talent then those teams, add one more draft and Free Agency they could be very competitive.

This is perfectly accurate in principle; the problem is we've been hearing that statement out of Oakland for quite a while now, and they are always just as bad as the year before. Oakland's awfulness isn't based on the talent they've assembled there, something else is going on. i'll be glad to see Nnamdi go, however. That's a bit of talent they don't deserve anymore.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
This is perfectly accurate in principle; the problem is we've been hearing that statement out of Oakland for quite a while now, and they are always just as bad as the year before. Oakland's awfulness isn't based on the talent they've assembled there, something else is going on. i'll be glad to see Nnamdi go, however. That's a bit of talent they don't deserve anymore.
That's why I think as long as Al Davis is there they are, and will be the worst run franchise ever, Detroit made some progress by firing Millen, sadly that will never happen in Oakland unless he dies...But I truly believe new ownership would do wonders with the talent assembled and a new attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's why I think as long as Al Davis is there they are, and will be the worst run franchise ever, Detroit made some progress by firing Millen, sadly that will never happen in Oakland unless he dies...But I truly believe new ownership would do wonders with the talent assembled and a new attitude.
Agree 100%

Sooo...long live Al Davis!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id still rather be a lions fan the a chiefs fan.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

i hope they can finally win but i doubt it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id still rather be a lions fan the a chiefs fan.
Now why in the world would you rather be a Lions fan than a Chiefs fan?
Old 12-27-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My gut says the Lions will pull this off.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
If the Lions did pull a miracle which I doubt it would be no different then the Ravens letting the Dolphins win 1 last year. Its getting hyped up because its week 17 and a rivalry (not really, nothing like vs Vikings, Bears). Bottom line is the Ravens are the team that saved the Dolphins from 0-16, like others have as well. Week 14 or 17 makes no difference.

Last year's Dolphins were much better than the Lions. They played in a lot of close games.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who remembers that thread in the lions team board?

man, that had to suck..haha. im sure bf51 had a field day with that thread.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions will come to play that game, last chance to get a win this season or become a part of history (one in which is not a good thing to be known for). The Packers are coming off a tough loss to the Bears in OT.

You can bet that if Green Bay isn't ready to go, the Lions will take this game. They've played hard all year and it's about time they get rewarded, even if they are struggling hard this year.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
You'd probably get farther if you asked what aren't the Lions biggest problems...
The problem with the Lions as it is with most poor teams is scheme. The Lions have a lot of the keys in place to convert to a 3-4 team.

And they do have some talent. Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, Leigh Bodden, Gosder Cherilus, Kevin Smith, etc... Their not devoid of talent by any means and with the right coaching staff and a smart, shrewd GM they could easily turn the team around.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the Lions at all and rarely follow them if I ever follow them at all but they just don't play with heart. It seems like the team has just given up. I don't see anyone flying to the ball on defense and their offensive line blocking is terrible.

You just need to overhaul the entire staff. The entire coaching staff needs to go and front office needs to be cleaned out.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
You just need to overhaul the entire staff. The entire coaching staff needs to go and front office needs to be cleaned out.
Not gonna happen. Ford needs his friends around.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking GB. They have to beat the Lions here. A loss is embarassing.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's so bad, at this point I'll take Al Davis and RUN, at least he gives a damn about his team. Regardless of the results, the idea of an owner with some interest is amazing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote