Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where will Randy Moss be playing his home games in '07?
Oakland 48 28.07%
Green Bay 90 52.63%
Jacksonville 2 1.17%
Miami 6 3.51%
New England 14 8.19%
Other 11 6.43%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I think it'll take more than one player, but I would definately take them much more seriously.
Yeah we still need a HB,FB,TE,S and there is a small need at OLB

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Yeah we still need a HB,FB,TE,S and there is a small need at OLB
This year is a tougher schedule, more of the teams weaknesses will be revealed and should be a better indictor as to where the team is at.
Last year they had a creampuff schedule I believe.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Jagonsucker
Rookie

Jagonsucker needs more cowbell.

its amazing to me that 2 years ago, every team would have done ANYTHING to get Randy Moss but now people are begging Moss doesnt end up on their team. Remember this guy was considered the best WR of all time not too long ago. If he's on a winning team this guy can get back to being the best in the game.
Jagonsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Default The latest:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=577353

Tuesday meeting: The subject of the Packers' interest in Oakland wide receiver Randy Moss wasn't even broached by Thompson at the monthly executive committee meeting until he was asked about it. Thompson steadfastly has refused to discuss Moss with reporters because he remains property of the Raiders.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I think it'll take more than one player, but I would definately take them much more seriously.
yeah, it would take more than one player, but if Moss comes in and revitalizes his career and the Packers also grab Marshawn Lynch, a S like Ken Hamlin and maybe a TE somewhere....and they follow up on their success late last season...Then they could be a force to be reckoned with. You pair that with the Bears maybe losing Lance Briggs and if Grossman continues to struggle....the tides could turn. Im not saying its gonna happen, but the Packers do pose a threat to the Bears, and theyre probly the only team in the division that does.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:02 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation420
Rookie

RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420

please get him out of Oaktown
RaiderNation420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:52 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
This year is a tougher schedule, more of the teams weaknesses will be revealed and should be a better indictor as to where the team is at.
Last year they had a creampuff schedule I believe.
We still have the same divisonal opponets

Old 03-14-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagonsucker View Post
its amazing to me that 2 years ago, every team would have done ANYTHING to get Randy Moss but now people are begging Moss doesnt end up on their team. Remember this guy was considered the best WR of all time not too long ago. If he's on a winning team this guy can get back to being the best in the game.
No he can't.

But he can be a good speed option. In all honesty, I'd probably rather have Bernard Berrian at this point in their careers. But he can still help the Packers if that's the way they choose to go.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope we get rid of him but i think theres a good chance we'll see moss in Greenbay next season. But lets say the Packers have a loosing season and Moss doesn't get the ball 30 times a game he'll start crying and demand to be traded somewhere else.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
We still have the same divisonal opponets
Yeah I know that but I meant the other 10 games. My first impression of this years schedule was that it will be tougher. Now that Im taking another look I guess its sorta close. Although they got there ass beat pretty good by the good teams.
Last year:
Regular Season
Sun 9/10 Chicago L 0-26
Sun 9/17 New Orleans L 27-34
Sun 9/24 at Detroit W 31-24
Mon 10/2 at Philadelphia L 9-31
Sun 10/8 St. Louis L 20-23
bye
Sun 10/22 at Miami W 34-24
Sun 10/29 Arizona W 31-14
Sun 11/5 at Buffalo L 10-24
Sun 11/12 at Minnesota W 23-17
Sun 11/19 New England L 0-35
Mon 11/27 at Seattle L 24-34
Sun 12/3 NY Jets L 10-38
Sun 12/10 at San Francisco W 30-19
Sun 12/17 Detroit W 17-9
Thu 12/21 Minnesota W 9-7
Sun 12/31 at Chicago W 26-7

This year:

2007 Regular Season Opponents
HOME AWAY
Chicago Bears (13-3) Chicago Bears (13-3)
Detroit Lions (3-13) Detroit Lions (3-13)
Minnesota Vikings (6-10) Minnesota Vikings (6-10)
Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) Dallas Cowboys (9-7)
Washington Redskins (5-11) New York Giants (8-8)
Carolina Panthers (8-8) St. Louis Rams (8-8)
Oakland Raiders (2-14) Denver Broncos (9-7)
San Diego Chargers (14-2) Kansas City Chiefs (9-7)
Old 03-15-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Yeah I know that but I meant the other 10 games. My first impression of this years schedule was that it will be tougher. Now that Im taking another look I guess its sorta close. Although they got there ass beat pretty good by the good teams.
Last year:
Regular Season
Sun 9/10 Chicago L 0-26
Sun 9/17 New Orleans L 27-34
Sun 9/24 at Detroit W 31-24
Mon 10/2 at Philadelphia L 9-31
Sun 10/8 St. Louis L 20-23
bye
Sun 10/22 at Miami W 34-24
Sun 10/29 Arizona W 31-14
Sun 11/5 at Buffalo L 10-24
Sun 11/12 at Minnesota W 23-17
Sun 11/19 New England L 0-35
Mon 11/27 at Seattle L 24-34
Sun 12/3 NY Jets L 10-38
Sun 12/10 at San Francisco W 30-19
Sun 12/17 Detroit W 17-9
Thu 12/21 Minnesota W 9-7
Sun 12/31 at Chicago W 26-7

This year:

2007 Regular Season Opponents
HOME AWAY
Chicago Bears (13-3) Chicago Bears (13-3)
Detroit Lions (3-13) Detroit Lions (3-13)
Minnesota Vikings (6-10) Minnesota Vikings (6-10)
Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) Dallas Cowboys (9-7)
Washington Redskins (5-11) New York Giants (8-8)
Carolina Panthers (8-8) St. Louis Rams (8-8)
Oakland Raiders (2-14) Denver Broncos (9-7)
San Diego Chargers (14-2) Kansas City Chiefs (9-7)
Actually this year does look much tougher.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagonsucker View Post
How is this amazing? I'm not surprised. Moss has shown he is nothing but a selfish cancer to two teams. His skills are deteriating. He reaks of suckage. Why would any team even consider him is beyond me.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's just like TO he's only happy if he's getting the ball 15 times a game. If that doesn't happen he will turn into a complete a******.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Time to revive this topic:

POSTED 5:50 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007
MOSS DEAL DONE?
There's talk in league circles that the Raiders have a deal in place to trade Randy Moss.
However, we don't know yet where he's headed. Or what the Raiders will get in return.
The most likely destination is Green Bay, since Moss has been linked to the Packers for much of the offseason. We've heard on multiple occasions that quarterback Brett Favre is certain that Moss will join the team, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen has mentioned repeatedly that Favre is pushing for the trade.
We heard earlier today that the Raiders were shopping Moss for a second-round pick, and we heard on Thursday that the Packers had offered a fourth-round pick.
Our guess? Moss to Green Bay for a third-rounder.

I would be alright with trading our third for Moss.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure the Raiders would like a 2nd round pick, but a 3rd round pick from the Packers is probably the best they will get. Maybe a conditional pick in 08 if Moss returns to Pro Bowl form, which I think he could do in Green Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Moss will be lighting up scoreboards in the NFC North again.
Said this a while ago, and still believe this to be true.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Time to revive this topic:

POSTED 5:50 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007
MOSS DEAL DONE?
There's talk in league circles that the Raiders have a deal in place to trade Randy Moss.
However, we don't know yet where he's headed. Or what the Raiders will get in return.
The most likely destination is Green Bay, since Moss has been linked to the Packers for much of the offseason. We've heard on multiple occasions that quarterback Brett Favre is certain that Moss will join the team, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen has mentioned repeatedly that Favre is pushing for the trade.
We heard earlier today that the Raiders were shopping Moss for a second-round pick, and we heard on Thursday that the Packers had offered a fourth-round pick.
Our guess? Moss to Green Bay for a third-rounder.

I would be alright with trading our third for Moss.
i hope thats right i want him out of here

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please let this be true
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That opens the door for the freak CJ.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
oakraiders2007

As for the 1st post, Randy Moss will be a Packer sometime tonight or tomorrow during the draft day. :)
Old 04-27-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

good god i hope we dont give a 2nd rounder for this guy
a 4th or maybe a third at best seems reasonable for moss who seems to be on the decline of his career

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Moss will open up holes for Driver and Jennings even if he doesnt put up the big stats

Old 04-27-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to be wearing Green and gold tomorrow, and I'm going to be mad.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

His agent said he ran a 4.26, .28 and .31
It was probably hand timed but the guy is still fit

Old 04-27-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
His agent said he ran a 4.26, .28 and .31
It was probably hand timed but the guy is still fit
No one ever doubted his ability, just his attitude and work ethic.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

!!! There is a link from a reliable source! It's not saying a whole lot, but this site never posts crap and is the best when it comes to Packers news. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=597307