Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What did you get right?

So, this is for you to brag about what you predicted right (or mourn on what you missed,) when guessing what would happen this season.

Let's see, these are from my NFL Truths thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...d.php?t=24786). So there is proof!

2. The Dolphins get at least 6 wins – The last two teams to go 1-15 improved the next year by at least 4 games. One even ended up 7-9. Miami has completely new offensive personel who can at least manage them to some wins. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams create a good running game behind new LT Jake Long. Toss in one of the smartest Qbs in the NFL in Chad Pennington. The defense will lose them some games, but the Dolphins are far from the worst team in the NFL. They will improve, and likely have some surprise wins inside the division against Buffalo and New York.

I think many predicted something similar, not sure if anyone predicted the Dolphins would make the playoffs, but at least I predicted six wins, haha.

Though there a few who disagreed ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I have one question.

Other than Kansas City, what team in the NFL can you positively say is worse than Miami? They added Jake Long and Chad Pennington, but they also got rid of Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas.

OROY: Matt Ryan
Runner-Up: Chris Johnson

DROY: Jerod Mayo

She bangs! Though Phillips wasn't the runner up of DROY, pretty solid so far.

Now some things I maybe got right depending on your interpretation.

3. The Head Coach seat is on fire (Lose double digit coaches)- The head coach carousel will be in full swing this offseason. Marvin Lewis, Lane Kiffin, Rod Marinelli, John Fox, Scott Linehan, and Mike Nolan all will be let go. We’ll also see some coaches bow out, including Tony Dungy, Jeff Fisher, Mike Shannahan, and Mike Holmgren. We will see a whole mess of new head coaches, likely including Billick, Dennis Green, Jim Mora Jr, Jim Caldwell, as well as some other former head coaches coming in. Also, don’t dismiss that Pete Carroll may offer his services if the Colts back down from hiring Jim Caldwell.

Many that I thought would did, including Shanny leaving (though for different reasons). A lot of coaches lost their jobs, and maybe more to come even. So I won't really "take credit" for it, but whatev.

4. Jay Cutler cements himself as the next great QB- Though Denver can’t seem to do much else right anymore, Jay Cutler has shown the pose, athleticism, and physical tools to be the next great NFL QB. With weapons like Marshall, Scheffler, and Royal, Cutler will have plenty of opportunities to sling the ball around. With the division ripe for the taking, Cutler will have to carry Denver on his back to a division title. Look for him to have some big games and be the darling of the press.p.

He hasn't quite hit that yet, but I think he showed he is on his way.

6. The Giants are solid, not spectacular – Even with Osi likely out, the Giants will stick to a good motto “do work.” They will stay in the background while Dallas and Minnesota get all the credit in the NFC. They will have some tough losses, but also will pull out some unexpected wins. They will make playoffs and possibly make another run at the Super Bowl. There will be no big fireworks on this team. A solid pass-rush, mauling rushing attack, and efficient passing will win them games. Kenny Phillips should come onto the scene and do well and help the Giants contend for the division once again.

This wasn't really a stretch, so who knows.

7. DeAngelo Williams will hold off Jonathan Stewart – DeAngelo Williams finally gets his chance as the starter. Unfortunately, it comes with the baggage of first round pick Jonathan Stewart. Fox loves going with his vets, so Williams will start. I think he can immediately come in and be effective and hold Jonathan Stewart away from that starting spot for now. He has the ability, but has never really gotten the chance. Look out for Dwilliams.

Though they became more of a tandem, DeAngelo showed how good he can be, and he is definitely the #1 back.

10. Changing of the guard – Every year, teams unexpected to do well have great years and make the playoffs. Well, here is where I got out on the limbs.

1. Houston Texans will make the wildcard. Schaub is going to take the next step, and if Slaton shows something, their offense and defense will be solid. Tennessee and Jacksonville will take a step back, and Houston will come in a close 2nd to Indianapolis. I’m going with a 10-6 wildcard.

2. Arizona Cardinals will win the NFC West…barely. Repeating an 8-8 record will work for the Cardinals again as they will win the division by getting wins over division rivals. That is how bad the NFC West will be this season. With Warner starting at the helm, and Leinart eventually coming in, the offense won’t skip a beat. Edge and Hightower will be a good pair, and the second year in there defensive system will be successful.

3. Atlanta Falcons win the NFC South. That’s right, the Atlanta Falcons. Matt Ryan will be the best rookie QB since Ben Roethlisberger, and they will rely heavily on Michael Turner. The offense will be able to move the ball, as Roddy White, Laurent Robinson, and Michael Jenkins aren’t terrible Wrs. The defense will need some new players to step up to the plate, and if that happens, they can win it. I like Mike Smith as a head coach, and the rest of the division worries me. TB and Carolina I’m just not buying their offenses or defenses. New Orleans is the favorite, but if they get an injury or two, it could crush them. Atlanta will take advantage and win the division.

Houston didn't do it. I shall never make that mistake again. I got the Cardinals correct, though I guess not barely. And the Falcons ALMOST got the NFC South. But I'll take props will how much people bashed me for this one. They made the playoffs, and may pull out a victory. Let's see the haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I still can't see Arizona winning the NFC West they are not consistant enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Everything else I agreed with. Other than the fact that you think a team without an offensive line, with half a defensive line, half a secondary and both a running back and QB who've never played 16 NFL games can beat anyone in the NFC South.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
You make me laugh Jbond. The Falcons in the playoffs. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I don't think he realises just how bad their roster is, all but one of their play makers was released, arrested or traded away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Anyway you want to coat it, Atlanta has absolutely zero chance of making the playoffs. Besides starting a rookie at QB, they simply lack the talent even with a solid QB to make any kind of a run. They will struggle to win 4 games.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha love the haters
Old 12-31-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

/me mounts JBond for being awesome!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You thought Jeff Fisher would leave the Titans? The only thing I'm remembering right now that I got right is that I predicted Jerod Mayo for DROY.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predicted the Chiefs would go 2-14 or 3-13 and we went 2-14. Yay, I think..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

crickett might stop chirping
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I thought the falcons would win the NFC South, in fact i'm still disappointed they didn't.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27684
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iamcanadian is always wrong, so that's not a bash.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright Alright all hail to J-Bond.
Menardo75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Iamcanadian is always wrong, so that's not a bash.
That's actually just how nice canadians are. Instead of just agreeing with you they disagree, even though they know they're wrong, just so that you can feel better about being proven right.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Props for the ATL call even though they didn't win the division they were a fg kick away, and still made the playoffs, I had been thinking about that prediction through the season actually and remembered you being one of the only ones to call ATL.

I certainly didn't see them or Miami being this good, this fast, but turnarounds are starting to happen alot faster these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice job, JB.

My NFL Truths thread, for anyone who wants to look back and laugh. Some of it was dead-on, some dead-off.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Link: http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ng3l021+truths

(mostly) Right on:

1. Giants falling from grace? I don’t think so.
It seems as if everyone is predicting the Giants to miss playoffs or not do so well in the regular season or post season. I am going to disagree. Even with the retirement of Michael Strahan, the Giants are one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL, and such a trait goes a long way in winning games. I think despite the Coughlin issues, this team has great chemistry and it should carry over from their Superbowl run, thus priming themselves to do serious damage in the playoffs again. I don’t expect another SB title or even NFCCG appearance, but I do see them making the playoffs and putting up a good fight. The Giants offense completely rides on Eli Manning’s arm and decision making skills, and I think Manning has made a step from being one of the inconsistent QBs to a decent one that makes less errors (I could be completely wrong however)

-Maybe a bit off about the SB and NFCCG appearance, but mostly right.

DPotY: DeMarcus Ware. I think this season, Ware will finally get the hardware over Merriman. Ware does a terrific job rushing the passer, playing against the run, and is very good in coverage for a 3-4 OLB.

-Was a huge candidate. Maybe would have gotten it if the Boys made playoffs.

5. Matt Ryan and Roddy White
Well you know I had to have a homer one (I didn’t even pick Lofton as DRotY). All I am saying here, is don’t sleep on these guys. Every single article I read about Ryan, every single video I watch on him, he looks good. He seems to be a different make at QB than the recent guys. He isn’t exploding with talent, athleticism, or potential. His arm and accuracy and mobility are nothing to write home about at all. They are all about average, maybe slightly above average, but nothing compared to the likes of JaMarcus Russell or Carson Palmer. What traits Matt Ryan brings to the table are completely different. He brings a great work ethic, a lot of confidence, and a drive to win to the table. He continuously makes strides in the film room by being there so much. He presents himself in such a way that the teammates cannot help but like him or to be lead by him. I will expect great things out of him if we can give him a proper offensive line. Now Roddy White…despite his bust label, he played very well at the end of seasons. It seems as if White now has the confidence to match his ability. He has the talent to beat a CB deep as well as take a short pass for a long gain. He might be adding acrobatic catches to his resume as well. He and Ryan could make a great connection.

-Yep...

3. Andre Johnson. Still riding his bandwagon and hoping for that 1700-1800 yard season I know he and Schaub are capable of.

-I knew he had it in him. He still can do that kind of season if Schaub is healthy all the time.

5. Calvin Johnson. I still don’t think he becomes unstoppable this season. Maybe I am just a firm believer in the 3rd year breakout season, but he will not reach his potential this season. He will show flashes. A lot of flashes in fact.

-Yeah. Not bad.

9. Aaron Rodgers will be very good
Replacing a legend is always hard, but I think Aaron Rodgers is ready. When he was coming out, there were talks of him being the number 1 overall pick (which I think he should have been), but instead he slipped to 24 and sat behind one of the greatest QBs of all time while learning the offense for 3 (?) years. I think this will be just like Rivers first year starting. He has seen so much of the NFL already and already possesses a lot of talent around him and in himself. I see a 3500 yard, 24 TD, 12 interception season out of him this year.

-4000 yards, 28 TDs (32 total), 13 interceptions. Not bad.

10. Matt Leinart and Vince Young? Uh-oh
I know it’s the preseason, but these guys’ performance has been terrible. Add that to a career that hasn’t reached its potential yet, and I would be somewhat worried if I were a fan of the Cardinals and Titans. Matt Leinart just doesn’t look like he fits what Wisenhunt wants. I don’t think that his throws have enough zip or he that his deep ball is good enough for the coach. He is a good fit for the WCO, but otherwise, I just don’t know. I dont expect him to get back his job from Kurt Warner. In fact, I think the Cardinals might shop him next season. As for Vince Young, I don’t think he is in such a bad situation as Leinart is in, but he needs to pick up his game. He has shown the potential to be that QB of the future, but has trailed off recently. I would like to see more commitment out of him this year. Hopefully the Titans don’t restrict him too much.

-Both were benched and their teams are in the playoffs. Nice.

So-So:

3. The Texans will make playoffs this year.
A lot of people seem to be riding the Texans coattails, but I liked them for the past couple of years and these recent years have been somewhat of a disappointment. I think this year or next year, things will change. Here is why I am excited for this team: Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub. Once again, you see me focused on the defensive line with Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye, but I think these 2 players are going to make a huge impact for the Texans (…and the NFL). Mario Williams already had his breakout season, but signs showed that he just may continue that dominance. Williams accumulated 10 sacks in the last 7 games of the year, and only went 1 game without a sack during that span. That’s impressive. You look at 21 year old Amobi Okoye who had 5 sacks within the first 9 games and think how he would be if he didn’t hit a rookie wall. Can you imagine both these players playing at their best for the entire season? Just as much as Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye help each other out, you can see the same sort of connection between Schaub and Andre Johnson. All throughout camp last year it seemed as if Schaub and Johnson were forming great chemistry together. I think Andre Johnson had his 2nd break out season (where good players establish themselves as great) last year, despite missing 7 games. Andre Johnson displayed the speed he has always had to go deep and continued to show how he is a YAC beast. If both these players stay healthy, I fully expect Andre Johnson to break some sort of record.

-They came up strong at the end of the season. I see my Andre Johnson crush was still on.

2. The Vikings look pretty good.
Like the Giants, the Viking’s defensive line is going to be a large reason for their success. After having the best defensive tackle combination for the past couple of years with Pat and Kevin Williams, they have added a top 3 defensive end. Kevin Williams’ pass rushing ability requires 2 people to block. Pat Williams’ body requires 2 people to block. Jared Allen’s 15.5 sacks and 10 PDs in 14 games will also need a lot of attention. The offenses will basically have to pick their poison. On the offensive side of the ball, you have a more experienced Adrian Peterson and the chance that he stays healthy for the entire season. AD by many is regarded as one of the most talented players in the NFL and Minnesota’s left side of the OL is regarded as the best run blocking line. It’s a combination made in heaven, and it is very deadly. Whether or not the Vikings can make the Superbowl will have to depend on Tarvaris Jackson’s development as a QB. He won’t be asked to do too much, but he will have to limit the mistakes and turnovers that could hurt the offense and running game. EDIT: I hope Jackson’s injury isn’t too serious.

-They made playoffs...

Completely wrong:

6. JaMarcus Russell might become very good.
I am just going to say that the physical skill set on this guy is ridiculous. One of the best that I have ever seen (I haven’t followed football that long, so take that with a grain of salt). His arm is already the best in the NFL (in history…?) and has very good accuracy with the ability to throw a ball with great zip or touch. His size allows him to oversee the field very well and with his size and speed, he is very hard to take down. If you look at his 2 TD passes (one against the Chargers in the regular season, 1 against the Titans in the preseason) and they would make a QB like Manning or Brady proud. If the Raiders could give him some offensive line help, then it won’t matter too much who he has to throw to. I think a year or two down the line, if Davis can give some attention to the offensive line, Russell will establish himself as a top 5 QB…right below Ryan ().

-Yeah, wtf?

8. I see the Saints as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC
Everyone already knows how explosive the Saints offense is. With Brees as helm and a choice of Colston, Bush, and now Shockey and Meachem, I expect him to only get better. Not MVP-esque again, but I expect 4500 yards with 28 TDs. A running game being established would be nice, but won’t be necessary. I think Brees is the type of guy who will be able to air it out, and the Saints have enough weapons all around for him to spread it around to. What I think really will separate themselves is the addition of Sedrick Ellis and Jonathan Vilma. I thought that adding Vilma to their defense was a great idea to help out a porous LB corp and help out a team that needed to stop the run. I thought the trade up to get Sedrick Ellis was brilliant as well. He will be a force to deal with for years to come.

-lol.

Not bad for my first time around.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said The Jets would win at least 9 games. Hooray for me.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halfway through the year, I was looking really good. I thought Minnesota was nothing special and still don't, said the Pack wouldn't miss a beat with Rodgers, said the Jets had nothing to worry about with Favre, praised this years rookie running back class and said the Eagles would contend for the last playoff spot at 9-7. I was basically right on Philly but everything else besides the rookie running backs went in the complete opposite direction lol.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I said the Chiefs would not go 16-0 and lose the Super Bowl.

I was dead on!
Quote:
Old 12-31-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i said Matt leinart would lose his job again, but it happened a lot earlier than i expected. I got bashed by saying that too.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predicted Mayo as DROY. Yay me. If it wasn't a relatively easy pick to say Mayo or Rivers I would probably take a little more pride in that prediction. But I still got it right. OROY of Stewart didn't work out so well . . .

Not many other thoughts that I posted here, but I did expect Rodgers to be very good this year. I also expected Turner to prove he can be a stud #1 RB.

I was way off on my prediction of Peyton reclaiming the 'best qb' tag, though he did make a push for it down the stretch. His late start (missing camp & preseason) was a killer on that pick.

And dear gawd did I underestimate Matt Ryan. I thought the #3 pick (or even top 10) was too high. Sorry Mr. Ice. Same goes for my thoughts on Flacco & the Ravens. I figured the D would be there but the O would be terrible. Oops.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said DeSean Jackson had a chance to be the rookie WR with the biggest impact, while he may not be the best (Eddie Royal), he's definitely is up there. Then after I said that, I was bombarded by other teams fans saying I was a huge homer, mostly by bears fans that said Earl Bennett was going to be the best rookie WR, and they claimed they weren't being homers becasue Bennett was the "most pro ready". I can't find the thread but I just think it's funny now.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was correct about Rodgers being a good QB. Aside from that, I was not very correctamundo.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, pretty good predicitions jbond. props

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i didn't make any this year :)

i did say though, that the Eagles scared me more than the Cowboys before the season, and as we speak, the Eagles are in the playoffs and the Cowboys aren't. thats not really a prediction though.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Dr Z had the Eagles and Giants as only NFC East representatives, but he had the Eagles winning the East outright, and making it to the Super Bowl. I was furious, but it looks like he knew what he was talking about somewhat.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I remember Dr Z had the Eagles and Giants as only NFC East representatives, but he had the Eagles winning the East outright, and making it to the Super Bowl. I was furious, but it looks like he knew what he was talking about somewhat.
i actually thought the Eagles would win the division too. and i think they have a very very good chance of going to the SB this year.

i don't feel confident about seeing them in the playoffs at all.