Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Eagles, Falcons, Ravens, and the Colts/Chargers game is a toss up.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets go Bolts!!!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Not one person has picked the Vikings. And I like it.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the Cowboys beating the Vikings. Should be a great game in the dome.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The... Cowboys?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
are u kidding or are Cowboy fans having illusions?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Atlanta, Minnesota, Miami, and Indy winning this weekend.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i got ATL,IND,MIN, and BALTIIMORE HOMESLICES
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Atlanta, Philly, San Diego, Baltimore.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Atlanta, Baltimore, Minny, and SD winning.

I think Turner has a field day against Arizona. The Cards have not really impressed me all year.

I really like what I have seen out of Baltimore so I am picking them in a hard fought game.

As a Vikings fan I am hoping for the best and that means Philly not playing their best football, Peterson having a huge game, and TJack doing a decent job.

I think the SD/Indy game will be very high scoring. I like Phillip Rivers as a QB just a little more than I like Peyton and I think Rivers plays his best football of the season in a SD win.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I have Atlanta, Baltimore, Minny, and SD winning.

I think Turner has a field day against Arizona. The Cards have not really impressed me all year.

I really like what I have seen out of Baltimore so I am picking them in a hard fought game.

As a Vikings fan I am hoping for the best and that means Philly not playing their best football, Peterson having a huge game, and TJack doing a decent job.

I think the SD/Indy game will be very high scoring. I like Phillip Rivers as a QB just a little more than I like Peyton and I think Rivers plays his best football of the season in a SD win.
I think it will be in the high twenties and the key will be the running game of SD. If they can get it going (even with an injured Tomlinson), they can beat Indy.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Philly is gonna kill the Vikings.

SD owns Indy, that won't change.

I see Miami rattling Flacco and winning.

Arizona beats Atlanta.
SD owns Indy even though the Colts handled them earlier in the year?

I like the Colts in this game... Peyton Manning is playing like it's 2004.

Other games :

Arizona over Atlanta - Atlanta's D is terrible
Philly over Minnesota - Going to be a close game
Indy over San Diego - Peyton on fire, they're just a better team IMO
Baltimore over Miami - Too much defense

Last edited by djp : 01-01-2009 at 08:51 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I just want the Vikings to lose and the Steelers win the Super Bowl. Make it happen NFL. As for this weekend's picks, I'll take Miami over Baltimore in a close one. Indy over San Diego in a blowout. Philadelphia over Minnesota in an embarrassment as much as I hate the Eagles and Atlanta goes into Zona and has no problems.

BTW, What's Hochuli doing this weekend? Anyone know if h's officiating?
I'm willing to bet Ed's reffing this weekend. He is one of the best in the game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope not the chargers game

Old 01-01-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
i hope not the chargers game
haa Chargers fans are the only ones who can ***** about Hochuli. that's it though, you have the only legit reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
haa Chargers fans are the only ones who can ***** about Hochuli. that's it though, you have the only legit reason
Yah, but it's a helluva legit reason. He can stay the hell out of SD.

The speculation that SD owns Indy isn't exactly out of nowhere, but both teams have different makeups this year. Our lack of a pass rush, and injuries to both of our hall of fame offensive players (right before the playoffs...again...yay...), has me less than optimistic. Then again, it probably translates to more Sproles, and more deep shots to Jackson and Chambers, so it could work out.

All of SD has basically gone into "In Rivers We Trust" mode, and that's not unfounded, either. Can't wait.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Yah, but it's a helluva legit reason. He can stay the hell out of SD.

The speculation that SD owns Indy isn't exactly out of nowhere, but both teams have different makeups this year. Our lack of a pass rush, and injuries to both of our hall of fame offensive players (right before the playoffs...again...yay...), has me less than optimistic. Then again, it probably translates to more Sproles, and more deep shots to Jackson and Chambers, so it could work out.

All of SD has basically gone into "In Rivers We Trust" mode, and that's not unfounded, either. Can't wait.
I think Rivers will have a field day.

1. Its in SD, so nice weather (not that it would matter in Indy)
2. They have a tiny secondary, and SD has huge targets. Rivers just has to play jumpball for 4 quarters and they'll move the ball at will.

Now if SD played in a windy environment or cold weather, then you'd have to worry bc I think Rivers would struggle in those environments, but in SD, or in the 2nd round, if you guys luck out and play Miami somehow, SD could play in the championship game.

Basically root for warm weather. warm weather is your best friend right now.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

yay SD weather

Old 01-01-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
yay SD weather
Cancelled out by the fact that the field is destroyed because there's been 5 games played there in the last week and I don't think they re-sodded it. Probably better for us than Indy though, I'd like to see a pounding running game at least once this season.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually on the fence with the Falcons vs. Cardinals match-up. Mike Smith and company are definitely capable of making that Cardinal offense one-dimensional, but if they fail at that task, then I would look for the Cardinals to roll over the Falcons.

I'll take the Falcons, but by a field goal or less.

The Eagles continue their "hot" streak and beat Minnesota. The Eagles defensive scheme is built to stop an offense like the Vikings, with a frequent 8 man front, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some struggles from the Vikings offense.

My upset special would be the Chargers over the Colts. The Chargers offense gets rolling at home and do just enough to topple Indy.

The experienced defense of the Ravens takes control throughout the contest with the Dolphins and they advance to take on the Steelers.

My Predicted Divisional Round:

Philadelphia vs. New York Giants
Atlanta vs. Carolina

San Diego vs. Tennessee
Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Cancelled out by the fact that the field is destroyed because there's been 5 games played there in the last week and I don't think they re-sodded it. Probably better for us than Indy though, I'd like to see a pounding running game at least once this season.
:(

I hope all the Chargers receivers trip on their deep pass attempts.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it will be interesting to see how the Fins play this time around. The Ravens OL had their way with us last time, but Ferguson did get hurt really early in the first quarter and Paul Saoli (his backup) was suspended for that game so we had no NT for most of the game having to play Randy Starks (who never practiced at NT, and was strictly a DE all year) had to play NT.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I'm actually on the fence with the Falcons vs. Cardinals match-up. Mike Smith and company are definitely capable of making that Cardinal offense one-dimensional, but if they fail at that task, then I would look for the Cardinals to roll over the Falcons.

I'll take the Falcons, but by a field goal or less.

The Eagles continue their "hot" streak and beat Minnesota. The Eagles defensive scheme is built to stop an offense like the Vikings, with a frequent 8 man front, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some struggles from the Vikings offense.

My upset special would be the Chargers over the Colts. The Chargers offense gets rolling at home and do just enough to topple Indy.

The experienced defense of the Ravens takes control throughout the contest with the Dolphins and they advance to take on the Steelers.

My Predicted Divisional Round:

Philadelphia vs. New York Giants
Atlanta vs. Carolina

San Diego vs. Tennessee
Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh
Tennessee would play Baltimore and Pittsburgh would play SD.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uhh wtf?

http://www.vikings.com/AkamaiPlayer....nEaglesTickets

LOL
Old 01-01-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I laughed my ass off watching that video. I love Adrian.