Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default An NFL Point Spread Thread

I figured people do their fair share of betting so a thread to get other real opinions on it rather than the paid website opinions would be useful. I guess I'll start with my season so far. I'm up about 1500 on the year but I have 375 pending in division bets. I have:
Steelers win the AFC North: $50 to win $72
Packers win the NFC North: $250 to win $324
Saints win the NFC South: $75 to win $91

Obviously it looks like the Saints lost the division and the Packers are all but out of the playoffs at this point so my only hope are the Steelers to help pad the loss.

Week 13 Lines:
11/27 12:30 ET Tennessee -11 At Detroit
11/27 4:15 ET At Dallas -12 Seattle
11/27 8:15 ET At Philadelphia -3 Arizona
11/30 4:15 ET At NY Jets -8 Denver
11/30 1:00 ET At Buffalo -6.5 San Francisco
11/30 1:00 ET At Tampa Bay -3.5 New Orleans
11/30 1:00 ET At Green Bay -3 Carolina
11/30 1:00 ET NY Giants -3.5 At Washington
11/30 1:00 ET Miami -8 At St. Louis
11/30 1:00 ET Baltimore -7 At Cincinnati
11/30 1:00 ET Indianapolis -5 At Cleveland
11/30 4:05 ET At San Diego -5 Atlanta
11/30 4:15 ET At New England -1 Pittsburgh
11/30 4:15 ET At Oakland -3 Kansas City
11/30 8:15 ET At Minnesota -3 Chicago

Monday Night Football Point Spread
12/1 8:35 ET At Houston -3 Jacksonville

The ones I bolded are the ones I'm betting on and I might parlay them. If I do parlay the three for $50 it pays a healthy 6 to 1. Is it worth it?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The only one I'm unsure of is Kansas City, Raiders put up a good showing last week and the Chiefs as much as I keep trying to believe in them just don't seem to have it in them. The other 2 I can see coming off though. 6/1 is good odds for a 3 team bet though. If your not entirely confident could just stick another team on it and have a lucky 15? That way not all of them have to win, but if you are pretty confident I say go for it.

I'm going for this accumulator (parlay):

Arizona +3
Carolina +3
Pittsburgh +1
Chicago +3
Indinapolis -5
NY Giants -3.5

Odds of 49/1 and I'm pretty confident on all of them (apart from Carolina, but I put them in incase Packers lose).
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

How do you like this parlay?

Baltimore -7 @ Cincinnati -$115

New York Giants -3.5 @ Washington -$110

7 point teaser makes it

Baltimore @ Cincy +0.00
New York @ Washington +3.50

$500 down
$857.14 payout
I'd take an easy 350.

Cincy game becomes a non-factor and the Giants can lose by three.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are incredible odds. (49/1)
They all look like they have a more than fair shot at happening.
I'm trying to stay away from the Packers line this week but I think my inner homer is gonna strike come game day and I'll put in my normal bet of Packers to win for 250.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post

7 point teaser makes it

Baltimore @ Cincy +0.00

$500 down
$857.14 payout
I'd take an easy 350.

I like that alot, enough that I might lay something on it as well. An easy 350 is the best kind.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I like that alot, enough that I might lay something on it as well. An easy 350 is the best kind.
I like it as well.

I want to dabble with the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game and possibly the Auburn/Alabama game but I don't think I will.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

7 point teaser makes it

Baltimore @ Cincy +0.00

$500 down
$857.14 payout
I'd take an easy 350.

Great odds for those 2 games.

How do you mean the Giants can lose by three and you still win though?
Old 11-27-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
Great odds for those 2 games.

How do you mean the Giants can lose by three and you still win though?
The original bet had the Giants winning by at least 3.5.

But after the teaser, they can lose by up to 3.5 points (a field goal) and I still win.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

Quote:
The original bet had the Giants winning by at least 3.5.

But after the teaser, they can lose by up to 3.5 points (a field goal) and I still win.
Ah I see cheers.

Is the teaser an actual thing on the betting site you use? Or is it just a term you use for that sort of bet?

Don't think it's possible to do a bet like that on the sites I go on. Which sucks as for odds like that I'd love it.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
Ah I see cheers.

Is the teaser an actual thing on the betting site you use? Or is it just a term you use for that sort of bet?

Don't think it's possible to do a bet like that on the sites I go on. Which sucks as for odds like that I'd love it.
http://www.sportsinteraction.com/

Not sure if this is endorsement but here it is.

Better than bodog.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

Quote:
http://www.sportsinteraction.com/

Not sure if this is endorsement but here it is.

Better than bodog.
Cool cheers man.

That teaser looks pretty good then actually, haven't seen that sort of option over here.

Shouldn't imagine it's a problem if I sign up even with my card and stuff being from the UK.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is closed until we decide what to do with it. Don't make a new one.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I like it as well.

I want to dabble with the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game and possibly the Auburn/Alabama game but I don't think I will.
I used to do that kind of stuff. The whole I wanna bet on it because its an important nationally televised game kind of thing. I lost money doing that because I was betting just to bet. If there was one college football lock this week I would go with MiamiU -1.5 @ NC St. It's pretty delicious.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
I used to do that kind of stuff. The whole I wanna bet on it because its an important nationally televised game kind of thing. I lost money doing that because I was betting just to bet. If there was one college football lock this week I would go with MiamiU -1.5 @ NC St. It's pretty delicious.
Well, I think Oklahoma should roll, but, we all know how those rivalry games go.

I'm pretty confident in Alabama romping as well, but once again, rivalry.

I might have to look into that NCst/U game though. That spread is laughable. What do you think Miami will put up?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-27-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Well, I think Oklahoma should roll, but, we all know that those rivalry games go.

I'm pretty confident in Alabama romping as well, but once again, rivalry.

I might have to look into that NCst/U game though. That spread is laughable. What do you think Miami will put up?
I like OK to roll as well but OKST can have their games like we've seen this year.

I think Bama should win as well but I have seen two LSU teams this year. One good and one sub par. They are no fun to watch if you lay something on them that's for damn sure.

Miami should easily take this game. They had an impressive stretch before the loss to GT and I also dont think that they lose two in a row for the second time this year. I'm a big Randy Shannon fan

Old 11-27-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Holmgren you fatass moron. You just cost my brother $200. You could at least TRY to get a TD. I guess settling for a 4 yard slant to end the game is good too.....!

(my bro was shooting for the 48 and over total)
Old 11-27-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

He shot for Branch in the end zone just plays before. I hate that kind of stuff but it happens alot.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
He shot for Branch in the end zone just plays before. I hate that kind of stuff but it happens alot.
So he shouldn't go for him again?

That's why you DO NOT bet on scoring totals.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:

I wont say he shouldnt have gone for him again but Hasselbeck was taking a beating that whole game and I dont think they wanted to have him do another 5 step drop and risk another hit. He wasnt 100 percent healthy to begin with.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't you have put this in the sports betting thread we have in Off Topic
Old 11-27-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Maybe he wasn't aware of it.

Either way it's here.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Changed the title of the thread to make it more appropriate. This was not an "Official" thread of SWDC.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Had no idea we had one. My bad.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Forget that, I've done way better on totals this year. That said, I dabbled in the over for that game, too.

Tennessee was the play today. Easy enough for me, the small money gambler.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 11-28-2008 at 01:13 AM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

What do you think about this parlay?

Miami Fla at N Carolina St Miami Fla -1.50
Kansas v Missouri (Moneyline) Missouri
Georgia Tech at Georgia (Moneyline) Georgia
Auburn at Alabama (Moneyline) Alabama
Baltimore at Cincinnati Baltimore -7.00
Indianapolis at Cleveland Indianapolis -5.00
Pittsburgh at New England (Moneyline) Pittsburgh

$100 down
$2390.82 turnout

$1000 down
$23908.25 turnout

and if you want to get cute.

add this
W Virginia at Pittsburgh U (Over/Under) Over +49.50

$1000 down
$45643.02 turnout

"**** it, my kid has cancer"

add this
Auburn at Alabama (Over/Under) Over +41.00

$1000 down
$87136.67 turnout

conservative bet gets you....
$10 down
$871.37 turnout

In reality, a four game parlay sounds better.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 11-28-2008 at 02:35 AM.