Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations to Peyton, at first I thought it was going to be a "By Default" thing a few weeks ago, but as things developed it was evident he was doing some amazing things. How many did they win in a row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This might help you understand. If not, consider that when the Colts were 3-4 Manning had a QB rating of 79.0 with 10 TDs, 9 INTs, and a completion percentage of 61.1% and over their 9 game win streak, Manning has had a QB rating of 109.7 with 17 TDs, 3 INTs, and a completion percentage of 72.1%.
He finished the season struggling against the Browns, Lions and Jaguars..

Ah well I don't see Indy going far.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

Huh ?

He was amazing versus Jacksonville. I think it was the best QB performance this season. Did you at least watch the game ?
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
Huh ?

He was amazing versus Jacksonville. I think it was the best QB performance this season. Did you at least watch the game ?
Ya I remember watching that game. The Indy d sucked, Peyton was lights out.

Losing Bracket is going to be huge IMO.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea the colts are the only team i am worried about
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wow, way to cherrypick the one bad game in 2 months (Browns) and lie about 2 more (Lions, Jaguars).

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havent read the entire thread, but for those wanting to make the glory position argument regarding QB's and Peyton yet hand the award to Turner: huh? RB is a glory position as well, are you kidding me? Would Turner be in the conversation for MVP if the Falcons OL had not run-block so fantastically, absolutely not. Every position on a football is dependent on others to make them a success, but the facts are that guys like QBs and RBs, who can have tangible stats kept for them, and see the ball every play will get the credit for the offense as a whole. Sorry thats the way it is.

Last edited by Rob S : 01-02-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Wow, way to cherrypick the one bad game in 2 months (Browns) and lie about 2 more (Lions, Jaguars).
Oh I'm sorry. Lets review the 9 game win streak...

NE, PIT... Agreed, 2 big wins.. now do they always hand players awards for barely beating teams that aren't that good?

Hou, SD, Cleveland, Cincy, Detroit, Jax..

He didn't play more than 1 drive in Tennessee so, it's to 8 games, 2 of which where teams.

Other than Cincy they didn't really look too impressive of wins either.

So. I guess i'm going to hear the "Can't fault him for winning his schedule" and beating the 2nd half of a very weak schedule..

That said, I definitely think Turner/Peterson/Rivers were the MVP's this season.

and How did I lie about the Lions? They barely escaped by 10 at the end of the game... wasn't it like 21-20 heading into the 4th?

Man was that impressive!!!

And again, they were losing to Jax heading into the 4th quarter 24-14.

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 01-02-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry. Lets review the 9 game win streak...

NE, PIT... Agreed, 2 big wins.. now do they always hand players awards for barely beating teams that aren't that good?

Hou, SD, Cleveland, Cincy, Detroit, Jax..

He didn't play more than 1 drive in Tennessee so, it's to 8 games, 2 of which where teams.

Other than Cincy they didn't really look too impressive of wins either.

So. I guess i'm going to hear the "Can't fault him for winning his schedule" and beating the 2nd half of a very weak schedule..

That said, I definitely think Turner/Peterson/Rivers were the MVP's this season.
yea, it's Peyton's fault his D was bad at times this year. If he played LB, then he deserves the award.

did it ever occur to you he won the award for overcoming a D that had long periods of struggles perhaps? no, no, the would cause common sense now wouldn't it.

oooh, you edited!

re: the jax game- 24-14. His D gave up 24 points. god forbid you realize that. Or the fact Peyton was what? 17 for his first 17? wow. just wow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Ya I remember watching that game. The Indy d sucked, Peyton was lights out.

Losing Bracket is going to be huge IMO.
Yep I agree. He was good in that game but still Jax was beating them until the 4th quarter when they folded.

This is 2005 all over again. Indy vs. Pit Likely in the divisional round. I'll take it.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Havent read the entire thread, but for those wanting to make the glory position argument regarding QB's and Peyton yet hand the award to Turner: huh? RB is a glory position as well, are you kidding me? Would Turner be in the conversation for MVP if the Falcons OL had not run-block so fantastically, absolutely not. Every position on a football is dependent on others to make them a success, but the facts are that guys like QBs and RBs, who can have tangible stats kept for them, and see the ball every play will get the credit for the offense as a whole. Sorry thats the way it.
As a former lineman, I can tell you it is true. The "skill" positions are the glory positions. Albert Haynesworth could be considered a MVP guy because I dont know if any one player can control a game like him when he is healthy. Why not split the award 5 ways between the line for ATL and the Vikings? Neither of those guys get anywhere without the line blocking outstanding for them. Didnt the 2nd RBs have good years for both teams as well?

Ok anyways, Congrats to Peyton. He is the Colts. As Peyton goes, so goes the Colts. Is there any other one single player so critical? Could say Tom Brady, but when he went out they still won with Cassel. Maybe it's the system and the line. Who knows. It is Peyton's award, someone had to take it from him and no one could. Brees would be my pick if the team made the playoffs.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A great decision. I think he will go down as the 2nd best QB in history, and 3 MVPs, 1 SB ring, and most of the passing records by the time he retires should help.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
A great decision. I think he will go down as the 2nd best QB in history, and 3 MVPs, 1 SB ring, and most of the passing records by the time he retires should help.
1 SB ring so far...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He didn't play more than 1 drive in Tennessee
Hey hey, 7-for-7 for 95 and a TD is all they needed to beat the Titans, zing! j/k

Quote:
and How did I lie about the Lions? They barely escaped by 10 at the end of the game... wasn't it like 21-20 heading into the 4th?
The Colts had two punt return fumbles against the Lions, btw. Hard for Peyton to score when he can't even get the ball, and they still scored 31.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And again, they were losing to Jax heading into the 4th quarter 24-14.
He brought them back to win that game and kept them in that entire game. Shut the **** up when you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea manning can only help his score hes not on def
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. Stiller just got pummeled like Peyton was getting pummeled early in the season behind a bad OL!

(See what I did there?)
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
He brought them back to win that game and kept them in that entire game. Shut the **** up when you don't know what the **** you're talking about.
If thats all that matters then other people should really be considered.

I'm just pointing out that "9 game winning streak" Was really 3 good teams and 6 teams that they should've blown out.

and if bringing your team back to win, I think the award goes to Roethlisberger, he has the most GW Drives this season.

Now, lets come up with a reason why those aren't weighted as heavily.

FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a complete disgrace. Just do away with the award - or, better yet, do away with the mindless asshats that cast the votes.

This year should have seen the tightest race in MVP balloting we've seen in years. I have seen decent arguments for at least 5 players between this thread & the MVP thread and many members in agreement that several players are deserving, yet we end up with this abortion of a land slide win by Manning???

Total
Farce.

Seriously, the next highest vote getter is 4??? Horrible. Disgraceful.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 01-02-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spleling errers
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Havent read the entire thread, but for those wanting to make the glory position argument regarding QB's and Peyton yet hand the award to Turner: huh? RB is a glory position as well, are you kidding me? Would Turner be in the conversation for MVP if the Falcons OL had not run-block so fantastically, absolutely not. Every position on a football is dependent on others to make them a success, but the facts are that guys like QBs and RBs, who can have tangible stats kept for them, and see the ball every play will get the credit for the offense as a whole. Sorry thats the way it is.
Of course it only goes to skill positions. But the gap between the glory of QB and RB is pretty sizable in an award like MVP even though both are the only two positions that get consideration.

And you speak of tangible stats, it's the tangible production of Turner that makes it a crime that he only got 4 votes.

1st in carries, 2nd in TDs, 2nd in yards. 4 votes? That's a joke no matter how you spin it.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If thats all that matters then other people should really be considered.

I'm just pointing out that "9 game winning streak" Was really 3 good teams and 6 teams that they should've blown out.

and if bringing your team back to win, I think the award goes to Roethlisberger, he has the most GW Drives this season.

Now, lets come up with a reason why those aren't weighted as heavily.
who else saw this coming from a million miles away? I know I sure as hell did...
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Mr. Stiller just got pummeled like Peyton was getting pummeled early in the season behind a bad OL!

(See what I did there?)
Hmm.

Not really, I'm just trying to get an understanding of how the MVP process works.

Obviously you have to be a fan favorite. Then you have to beat up a lot of bad teams and a few good ones, then you only really have to play well about half the season...

What about the guys that were hot all season? That didn't play inferior competition nearly the whole season?

See what I did there?

Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Roethlisberger had more fumbles in one game than Peyton did all year (1). Just sayin'.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
It's a coplete disgrace. Just do away with the award - or, better yet, do away with the mindless asshats that cast the votes.

This year should have seen the tightest race in MVP balloting we've seen in years. I have seen decent arguments for at least 5 players between this thread & the MVP thread and many members in agreement that several players are deserving, yet we end up with this abortion of a land slide win by Manning???

Total
Farce.

Seriously, the next highest vote getter is 4??? Horrible. Disgraceful.
My ballot consisted of:

Peyton
Bernard Pollard
Brady
Turner
Peterson.

very close between the 5 IMO
Quote:
Old 01-02-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
who else saw this coming from a million miles away? I know I sure as hell did...
Nope. I don't think Roethlisberger deserves anything but the "Can't read a defense award" this season.

Just pointing out that "Bringing your team back to win a game" shouldn't be the only reason someone wins the award.

Manning was a good player for 9 games or so this season.

There were guys who meant just as much or more for their team in 13-16 games.

Just saying I think Manning was gifted this year.