Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Again, Haha, Why not?

Pennington singlehandedly took a team from 1-15 to 11-5 and the playoffs.
pennington did not do that. maybe ronnie brown coming back and williams playing good there def stepping it up. pennington was just a peice to that puzzle.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sorry i cant tell when someone is being sarcastic on the interweb and when you're constantly talking about him the way you are.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...it's the FREAKIN LIONS.

My point was merely illustrating the massively tough Schedule Manning singlehandedly won.

But don't forget, we ignore the first 7 games of every season.
and no one is forgetting the first 7 games he won 3 of those games. what the mvp is not allowed to lose some games?? rivers lost 8. why does it go back to the games if you look at mannings performance this year and rivers to me its manning all day. yea rivers might of started the season better but manning finished the season better
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
Actually that's not true.

Manning has had 6 games that were not at an MVP level
Turner has had 5-6
Rivers has had 4

It should not be such a unanimous vote not even close.
my point is that manning is the mvp because he deserves it. however the votes were than thats what they were.

John Wall
Old 01-02-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...it's the FREAKIN LIONS.

My point was merely illustrating the massively tough Schedule Manning singlehandedly won.

But don't forget, we ignore the first 7 games of every season.
They ran all over our porous run defense that game, we gave away field position all night on ST's, turned over the ball twice etc, and still won by 10 thanks to Manning.

I did't want to get into this, frankly I don't think Manning deserved it by quite the margin he did, but I want to point out the facts, Manning HAS had to carry this team, he's had limited time of possession due to our poor run D, and he has pulled out 12 wins (yes the start of the season wasn't great, but he gutted out 3 wins)

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Im sorry i cant tell when someone is being sarcastic on the interweb and when you're constantly talking about him the way you are.
yea i dont want anyone to think im saying rivers would of been a bad choice i just think manning is the better choice. and im just shocked at they way people are acting over this. i mean i didnt want him to win it i hate him but i said to myself i bet he wins it because hes been playing awesome.

John Wall
Old 01-02-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

im going to agree and say that rivers and turner should of got some votes.
i will not say pennington should of got one because imo hes not the main reason for that teams success.
but i just think the winner is the winner and as long as its someone who is deserving than its str8.
every year theres a couple people who could take the MVP but only 1 person gets it

John Wall
Old 01-02-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
see thats what im saying you want to single handedly give it to rivers but dont want to do the same for manning why is that?? i dont understand what rivers has done over manning or what turner has done over manning??
I'm not giving it to Rivers...

Here's the key points:

• Manning had a good season, not great, a bit above average. Several other players did as well.
  • Turner, Rivers, Peterson, Warner, Brees All should've been within consideration because they had the #'s and were carrying teams. But We only credit Manning for truly leading a team.

Quote:
manning has played better in more games than them he has been ridiculous in the past 9 games hes the MVP and instead of saying congrats you say non deserving because rivers went 8-8 and his def been bad and no running game blah blah blah when manning has been winning every year with the same no running game and a not so good def. i mean yea he won by a landslide lol i just dont see you making this argument if it was rivers who won by a landslide
he's been ridiculous the past 9 games beating up the great vaunted Browns, Texans, Jags, Lions, Bengals... Oh My!

And the MVP USED TO MEAN the most valuable player for 16 games, not just 9.

I'm not saying Congrats because it's disgusting. I'm not saying that he is non-deserving for Rivers. Obviously you struggle with comprehension. I'm saying he doesn't deserve it because he wasn't great this season. Atleast not 30+ votes to 5 or less great. He won an award in a landslide indicating that he was high and away the most superior player this season, which is clearly a farce considering there has been many a case to the contrary. When you can make cases for nearly 5 guys for MVP, the voting shouldn't be ridiculously landslided in favor of a guy who, wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.

Manning hasn't been winning without a run game and a defense every season. Don't you find it a bid conspicuous that the only time Manning doesn't choke in the playoff's Bob Sanders is healthy through the playoffs? Not to mention he's been crippled by the ever unefficient running of Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Dominic Rhodes+Joseph Addai. Wait aren't those guys pretty good?

Not to mention he has 4 1st round Receivers? A first round RB...

Manning certainly could've won the award. I don't think he deserved it. But it wasn't and shouldn't have been unanimous.

And yes if Rivers won the award in a landslide, I would be annoyed as well. I'm using Rivers as an example of the fact that there was cases to be made for several people that had just as good a season as Manning.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im going to agree and say that rivers and turner should of got some votes.
i will not say pennington should of got one because imo hes not the main reason for that teams success.
but i just think the winner is the winner and as long as its someone who is deserving than its str8.
every year theres a couple people who could take the MVP but only 1 person gets it
Not really. The last 5 or so MVP's actually broke records. Didn't only do well for 1/2 of the entire season.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
They ran all over our porous run defense that game, we gave away field position all night on ST's, turned over the ball twice etc, and still won by 10 thanks to Manning.

I did't want to get into this, frankly I don't think Manning deserved it by quite the margin he did, but I want to point out the facts, Manning HAS had to carry this team, he's had limited time of possession due to our poor run D, and he has pulled out 12 wins (yes the start of the season wasn't great, but he gutted out 3 wins)
Rivers didn't have Better numbers, Carry his team practically single handedly... not to mention they started the season 0-1 because of an actual reffing mishap.

Colts are 11th in total defense.
Chargers are 25th in total defense.

Colts are 7th in Scoring Defense.
Chargers are 15th.

Colts are 6th in Passing defense.
Chargers are 31st.

Colts are 16th(T) in Sacks.
Chargers are 22nd(T)

Chargers are 11th against the run.
Colts are 24th.

Chargers were a worse defense in every phase except stopping the run.

Colts were better scoring, sacking, overall, and passing.

Why can't I use that for Rivers Sake again?

Chargers offense had:

More yards per game (With severely less talent.)
A higher YPP Avg.

And Rivers was better in every statistical QB Category other than Comp%

Old 01-02-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not giving it to Rivers...

Here's the key points:

• Manning had a good season, not great, a bit above average(stats are over-rated). Several other players did as well.
  • Turner, Rivers, Peterson, Warner, Brees All should've been within consideration because they had the #'s and were carrying teams. But We only credit Manning for truly leading a team.(rivers i can say lead his team to 8 wins thats good i guess)

he's been ridiculous the past 9 games beating up the great vaunted Browns, Texans, Jags, Lions, Bengals... Oh My!(who exactly has rivers beat??)

And the MVP USED TO MEAN the most valuable player for 16 games, not just 9. (i remember manning playing 16 games this season and no one plays perfect all year)

I'm not saying Congrats because it's disgusting. I'm not saying that he is non-deserving for Rivers. Obviously you struggle with comprehension.(i call it how i see it) I'm saying he doesn't deserve it because he wasn't great this season. Atleast not 30+ votes to 5 or less great. He won an award in a landslide indicating that he was high and away the most superior player this season, which is clearly a farce considering there has been many a case to the contrary. When you can make cases for nearly 5 guys for MVP, the voting shouldn't be ridiculously landslided in favor of a guy who, wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.

Manning hasn't been winning without a run game and a defense every season. Don't you find it a bid conspicuous that the only time Manning doesn't choke in the playoff's Bob Sanders is healthy through the playoffs? (MVP is a regular season award) Not to mention he's been crippled by the ever unefficient running of Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Dominic Rhodes+Joseph Addai. Wait aren't those guys pretty good?(your right about faulk and james but rhodes is a back up RB and addai has been injured)

Not to mention he has 4 1st round Receivers? A first round RB...

Manning certainly could've won the award. I don't think he deserved it. But it wasn't and shouldn't have been unanimous.
(agreed it should of been closer but i still think he should win so that dont matter to me)
And yes if Rivers won the award in a landslide, I would be annoyed as well. I'm using Rivers as an example of the fact that there was cases to be made for several people that had just as good a season as Manning.
but i can see your argument for rivers but i just dont see him deserving it over manning

John Wall
Old 01-02-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is 2005 all over again. Indy vs. Pit Likely in the divisional round. I'll take it.
Here's to the road team winning that matchup yet again.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And the MVP USED TO MEAN the most valuable player for 16 games, not just 9.
Hmmm, let's see here, first 7 games, Manning struggles, Colts struggle, last 9 games Manning catches fire, Colts catch fire...this is the Most Valuable Player award, right?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Because Rivers had better stats playing a cupcake schedule, and didn't beat one single playoff team all year. How on Earth can someone be the MVP on the league if he didn't help his team defeat one playoff team? Rivers lead the team to 8 wins all year, and both of those games against the Chiefs literally went down to the wire. Where's the valuable in MVP there?

Don't get me wrong, Rivers was terribly jobbed for the Pro Bowl. Completely jobbed .... but I don't get the argument for him for MVP. Warner and Brees are much more deserving than he is imo.
Fine. Warner and Brees.

Warner had superior #'s, less of a run game. Brees had superior #'s, a worse defense and nearly as bad a run game, only the second guy to break 5k.

but the fact I can make legit arguments for those guys and yet Brees/Warner didn't get barely any votes...

With Manning running away with the thing further proves the MVP is a joke, should be abolished, and just go with the OPOY/DPOY, COTY, CPOTY and ROTY awards because they unbiasedly award players on each side of the ball instead of this crap.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Hmmm, let's see here, first 7 games, Manning struggles, Colts struggle, last 9 games Manning catches fire, Colts catch fire...this is the Most Valuable Player award, right?
So, by that value, Romo should've won it. He only struggles in december.. right?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Here's to the road team winning that matchup yet again.
Indy wins reg season, Pittsburgh beats the crap out of Manning in the playoffs. When it counts.

Even the refs couldn't hand you that game.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

im going to agree and say the voting was off but i just dont have a problem with the winner

John Wall
Old 01-02-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
im going to agree and say the voting was off but i just dont have a problem with the winner
I don't really think Manning should've won this season because he only played .5 of a season to his ability. Whereas other guys had more impact more often (Brees, Rivers, Peterson, Turner for example).

I don't mind that he won, but it's insanely ridiculous that he won with such a high margin of victory.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

manning won, fair and square. Deal with it. he pwned noobs when it counted.

That is all!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Indy wins reg season, Pittsburgh beats the crap out of Manning in the playoffs. When it counts.

Even the refs couldn't hand you that game.
You are such a massive homer and, for some unknown reason (probably because Manning was the first QB this year to hand Pittsburgh's defense its own rear end on a silver platter and did it without a running game), hate Peyton Manning now. But keep bragging about things that happened 3 years ago, it really makes you look good.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't really think Manning should've won this season because he only played .5 of a season to his ability. Whereas other guys had more impact more often (Brees, Rivers, Peterson, Turner for example).

I don't mind that he won, but it's insanely ridiculous that he won with such a high margin of victory.
i agree with you when it comes to the votes because rivers turner brees peterson are all good candidates. but IMO im not mad that manning won but i can see where you would be upset by the margin he won by.

and im going to +rep you for this hard fought argument lol we can agree to disagree in certain areas

John Wall
Old 01-02-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense. Do you think the voters get together and say "well, we're going to give the award to Peyton Manning, but let's not give him too many votes"? No, each voter anonymously casts their own ballot, so obviously 32 of the 50 voters thought Peyton Manning was the most deserving. If that upsets you, go seek them out.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
You are such a massive homer and, for some unknown reason (probably because Manning was the first QB this year to hand Pittsburgh's defense its own rear end on a silver platter and did it without a running game), hate Peyton Manning now. But keep bragging about things that happened 3 years ago, it really makes you look good.

Wow your as bad as ESPN when it comes to acting like Manning did something during that game.

Ben gave your defense 2 gifts. Manning had to drive realistically ONCE on our defense.

even spotting you practically 14 points it was close.

Yeah, you certainly have the right to call someone a homer Dam.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs should have won it that year. So you both ****!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Chiefs should have won it that year. So you both ****!
I agree. Chiefs were on my hotlist of teams.