Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
PMoney18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

he has 4 - 1st round receivers, a 1st round RB, and the 11th ranked Defense.

Troy Williamson was a first round pick. I guess that makes him good too.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
and no one is forgetting the first 7 games he won 3 of those games. what the mvp is not allowed to lose some games?? rivers lost 8. why does it go back to the games if you look at mannings performance this year and rivers to me its manning all day. yea rivers might of started the season better but manning finished the season better
Again you continue to ignore it's not about the wins/losses, it was the level of play.

Peyton Manning's level of play was average at best in 5 of his first 7 games.

The total number of average at best games he had on the season was 6.

Michael turner had arguably less average games than that, and Rivers even had less than him.

Rivers didn't get a single freaking vote. Turner got a mere 4. The landslide victory is a joke
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoney18 View Post
Troy Williamson was a first round pick. I guess that makes him good too.
No one would confuse the Colts FO for the Vikings.

I'm sorry, would you take Williamson over any of your 4 Receivers?

Would you not say you have probably the best 4 Receivers in the NFL right now?

If thats going to be your flaw in the argument, your already fighting a losing battle.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The what have you done for me lately award
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
PMoney18

Quote:
No one would confuse the Colts FO for the Vikings.

I'm sorry, would you take Williamson over any of your 4 Receivers?

Would you not say you have probably the best 4 Receivers in the NFL right now?

If thats going to be your flaw in the argument, your already fighting a losing battle.
The point is, is that just because somebody is a first rounder doesn't make them a superstar.

Also our running game was non existing. It was the worst run offense in the NFL. We averaged 3.4 yards per carry.

If we were going to win it was going to be by air.

Harrison is living purley off reputation. He isn't even a shadow of what he used to be.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Mockie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
Again you continue to ignore it's not about the wins/losses, it was the level of play.

Peyton Manning's level of play was average at best in 5 of his first 7 games.

The total number of average at best games he had on the season was 6.

Michael turner had arguably less average games than that, and Rivers even had less than him.

Rivers didn't get a single freaking vote. Turner got a mere 4. The landslide victory is a joke
UNDERSTAND how the MVP process works. It is ALWAYS a player on an elite team. The Chargers are not elite, hence Rivers is out of contention.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockie View Post
UNDERSTAND how the MVP process works. It is ALWAYS a player on an elite team. The Chargers are not elite, hence Rivers is out of contention.
The Chargers are hosting a playoff game, how about the Colts?

Last time I checked, Dolphins and Falcons had record close to the Colts as well
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Mockie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
The Chargers are hosting a playoff game, how about the Colts?

Last time I checked, Dolphins and Falcons had record close to the Colts as well
The Chargers are 8-8 and people are asking if they're the worst team to ever make the playoffs. The Colts are 12-4. Not even CLOSE.

I never commented on any player on the Falcons or Dolphins so...what are you talking about?
Old 01-02-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The point is, is that just because somebody is a first rounder doesn't make them a superstar.

Also our running game was non existing. It was the worst run offense in the NFL. We averaged 3.4 yards per carry.

If we were going to win it was going to be by air.

Harrison is living purley off reputation. He isn't even a shadow of what he used to be.
I know being a first rounder doesn't guarantee superstar. But you have 5 proven 1st rounders.

I understand you had the lowest YPC... you didn't have the lowest RYPG though, that belongs to Arizona. Who, Still won the division with a QB who had a better season.

Aww Harrison is still living off reputation.. Well it's so unfortunate you only had Wayne, Clark, Gonzalez and Addai to pick up the slack.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I HATE stupidity.

that is all
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
PMoney18

Quote:
I know being a first rounder doesn't guarantee superstar. But you have 5 proven 1st rounders.

I understand you had the lowest YPC... you didn't have the lowest RYPG though, that belongs to Arizona. Who, Still won the division with a QB who had a better season.

Aww Harrison is still living off reputation.. Well it's so unfortunate you only had Wayne, Clark, Gonzalez and Addai to pick up the slack.
Last time I checked, Addai couldn't stay on the field (injuries), and was averaging 3.5 YPC.

Also Gonzalez is not proven. His first year he had a mere 576 yards recieving. He had only 664 this year.

Although Gonzalez is alright he has not proved himself to be first round value.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Last time I checked, Addai couldn't stay on the field (injuries), and was averaging 3.5 YPC.

Also Gonzalez is not proven. His first year he had a mere 576 yards recieving. He had only 664 this year.

If you're expecting much more than 664 yards out of your 3rd WR you need to temper you expectations.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I HATE stupidity.

that is all
As much as I find Rutgers.... underwhelming?

(Kidding Scotty.. Kidding)

Old 01-02-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much as I find Rutgers.... underwhelming?

(Kidding Scotty.. Kidding)
TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!!!

lol.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like how the NFL does the MVP. Peyton did not have an MVP type year. Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, those guys had all time great years...but by being on an 8-8 or 9-7 team they aren't considered at all really. DeMarcus Ware just had 20 sacks and one of the most dominant defensive seasons ever, but I guess defense is not about individuals is it, though offense is? Switch Brees and Manning this season and the Saints win fewer games.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great to see. Another notch in his belt to make him one of the, if not the, greatest when he retires.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I really don't like how the NFL does the MVP. Peyton did not have an MVP type year. Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, those guys had all time great years...but by being on an 8-8 or 9-7 team they aren't considered at all really. DeMarcus Ware just had 20 sacks and one of the most dominant defensive seasons ever, but I guess defense is not about individuals is it, though offense is? Switch Brees and Manning this season and the Saints win fewer games.
i don't agree with that. if anything, the Saints would have the same record.

and the colts wouldn't be in the playoffs. Brees plays in a pass friendly system that inflates his #s.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Chargers are 8-8 and people are asking if they're the worst team to ever make the playoffs. The Colts are 12-4. Not even CLOSE.

I never commented on any player on the Falcons or Dolphins so...what are you talking about?
Anyone asking that is a moron. The Chargers have been very impressive the past few weeks. The colts are the hottest team coming into the playoffs, yet a lot of people are projecting San Deigo to win and no one thinks they have no chance. SD and the Colts are the 2 wild cards teams I would least like to play.

Its not how you played throughout the season, but how your playing when the playoffs begin.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Manning winning it, but I don't agree with Pennington getting more votes than Brees, Peterson, Turner, Williams, or Warner.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts' defense balied the Colts' questionable and inconsistent offense out of a lot of games. It seems like voters watched Peyton play that last Jaguars game and realized they had like a 6 game or however many winning streak so they should give him the MVP. If Philip Rivers did the exact same thing he wouldn't even have been in the discussion.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What? I just said Rivers has no chance at the MVP over Manning because the Chargers are not an elite team.
yes and im saying why does the MVP has to come from an elite team?

If u say "its always like that", then im gonna fault the media for doing that. heck i could make a case for Calvin johnson. I mean seriously, how incredibly bad would the Lions be without CJ?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
yes and im saying why does the MVP has to come from an elite team?

If u say "its always like that", then im gonna fault the media for doing that. heck i could make a case for Calvin johnson. I mean seriously, how incredibly bad would the Lions be without CJ?
-4 wins and 20 losses

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

When do we find out about the Defensive Player of the Year?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:01 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i don't agree with that. if anything, the Saints would have the same record.

and the colts wouldn't be in the playoffs. Brees plays in a pass friendly system that inflates his #s.
yeah our defense is so bad that everybody knows you have to pass the ball and therefore it increases interceptins. Manning at qb this season and we would have lost one or two more games at the start and then had the same record for the rest of the season

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:21 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

the bears leading receiver had less than 664 yards....u really should think before talking

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote