Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-04-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Raiders trying to sell more stake in team, back to LA?

The Oakland Raiders, through owner Al Davis and Raiders chief executive Amy Trask, are negotiating to sell off another percentage of the team, this time to a billionaire who has been trying to buy a franchise with designs on moving it to Los Angeles, according to league sources.

Trask has been spearheading negotiations with a group headed by C. Dean Metropoulos in a transaction that would sell at least 10 percent stake in the Raiders, sources said. Forbes Magazine has estimated the Raiders' value at a little more than $800 million, but league sources say the calculation is closer to $700 million.

The Raiders sold 20 percent of the team in October 2007 to three businessmen to get more cash infusion, which is also the goal on the latest transactor, the sources said. However, the 2007 sell-off did not give those investors an option to purchase the team and Davis remained in control as majority owner.

Metropoloulos' lead broker is trying to negotiate a purchase option on the Raiders within 3-5 years upon closing the deal, sources said.

Metropoulos had been identified previously by the Philadelphia Daily News last offseason as an aggressive buyer with a desire to relocate a franchise to Los Angeles. He has publicly denied his reported attempts, but sources confirm their veracity.

The Raiders and Jaguars were teams previously identified among those franchises and the latest round of talks with Oakland have been renewed after Jacksonville owner Wayne Weaver rebuffed Metropoulos' bid because he opposed any plan to relocate the franchise, sources said.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the best news I've heard in a long, long time. Hang in there Raider Nation, 3-5 more years to go !!! :D
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
franchise with designs on moving it to Los Angeles,
lame......
Old 01-04-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
lame......
But Al will be gone ... ;)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id rather have Al Davis be alive and it stay in Oakland then for us to be in LA. It means I can go to any of there games unless I want to drive for 4 hours.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Id rather have Al Davis be alive and it stay in Oakland then for us to be in LA. It means I can go to any of there games unless I want to drive for 4 hours.
Same here, it wouldn't be the same if they were in LA. That would suck major balls.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Davis blasts ESPN report that he's selling part of Raiders

The Raiders dismissed an ESPN report Sunday that said managing general partner Al Davis is negotiating to sell part of the team to a group with designs on moving it to Los Angeles.

The report was written by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who Davis called "a professional liar" on Sept. 30 for his penchant for writing stories about the Raiders without attributing them to named persons employed by the Raiders.

On Sunday, Mortensen wrote that Davis and chief executive Amy Trask are negotiating a transaction with a group led by C. Dean Metropoulos a transaction that would turn over at least 10 percent of the Raiders. Mortensen attributed the story to unnamed "league sources."

Raiders senior executive John Herrera spoke with Davis on Sunday morning and characterized Davis' reaction to the report as "incredulous." He also vehemently denied the report.

"The report from Chris Mortensen which states that the Raiders, Al Davis and Amy Trask are in negotiations with Dean Metropoulous to sell the team is totally unfounded and false," Herrera said. "Once again, for reasons known only to him, Mortensen has fabricated a story which has no basis in fact."

Davis owns a bigger stake in the Raiders than any of the other shareholders. He sold approximately 20 percent of the team in October of 2007 to three investors as a means of infusing more cash into the day-to-day operations of the franchise.

That transaction did not cede any control to the three investors or give them an option to purchase the team at some point.

Mortensen's report said Metropoulos' group is seeking a purchase option within three to five years. The Philadelphia Daily News last year said Metropoulos has a desire to move an NFL team to Los Angeles.

The ESPN report said that Metropoulos has publicly denied any such intent. However, it also said league sources confirmed Metropoulos' intent to occupy the Los Angeles market.

"Al Davis owns the Raiders and some day his son, Mark Davis, will own the Raiders," Herrera said. "Every facet of this story is dead wrong."

Mortensen did not quote anyone from the Raiders. Herrera said Mortensen did not contact him, Davis or Trask for his report.

"It's amazing that he would report a story that is totally fabricated and do so without contacting anyone from the Raiders," Herrera said.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Death, selling out, whatever. Just get Al the hell out of there. They can move the team to Biloxi for all I care. If Al's gone, I'm in.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Al Davis blasts ESPN report that he's selling part of Raiders

The Raiders dismissed an ESPN report Sunday that said managing general partner Al Davis is negotiating to sell part of the team to a group with designs on moving it to Los Angeles.

The report was written by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who Davis called "a professional liar" on Sept. 30 for his penchant for writing stories about the Raiders without attributing them to named persons employed by the Raiders.

On Sunday, Mortensen wrote that Davis and chief executive Amy Trask are negotiating a transaction with a group led by C. Dean Metropoulos a transaction that would turn over at least 10 percent of the Raiders. Mortensen attributed the story to unnamed "league sources."

Raiders senior executive John Herrera spoke with Davis on Sunday morning and characterized Davis' reaction to the report as "incredulous." He also vehemently denied the report.

"The report from Chris Mortensen which states that the Raiders, Al Davis and Amy Trask are in negotiations with Dean Metropoulous to sell the team is totally unfounded and false," Herrera said. "Once again, for reasons known only to him, Mortensen has fabricated a story which has no basis in fact."

Davis owns a bigger stake in the Raiders than any of the other shareholders. He sold approximately 20 percent of the team in October of 2007 to three investors as a means of infusing more cash into the day-to-day operations of the franchise.

That transaction did not cede any control to the three investors or give them an option to purchase the team at some point.

Mortensen's report said Metropoulos' group is seeking a purchase option within three to five years. The Philadelphia Daily News last year said Metropoulos has a desire to move an NFL team to Los Angeles.

The ESPN report said that Metropoulos has publicly denied any such intent. However, it also said league sources confirmed Metropoulos' intent to occupy the Los Angeles market.

"Al Davis owns the Raiders and some day his son, Mark Davis, will own the Raiders," Herrera said. "Every facet of this story is dead wrong."

Mortensen did not quote anyone from the Raiders. Herrera said Mortensen did not contact him, Davis or Trask for his report.

"It's amazing that he would report a story that is totally fabricated and do so without contacting anyone from the Raiders," Herrera said.
I hope this is true!!!! Dont leave Oakland

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was partially true. If I had to guess I would say this part is true:
Quote:
As the article said earlier it's a similar move to the one he made a couple years ago. Maybe things fell through because Metropoulous wanted the whole shabang? Just my 2 cents.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I'm in agreement with Abbadon.The best situation is to have Al gone and remain in Oakland.But if the team is gonna be moved to get rid of Al, LA,Biloxi, it doesn't matter.They're the only team for me.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you relocate to LA to keep the 49ers from doing it.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Shouldn't the Niners be in Santa Clara by now?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Shouldn't the Niners be in Santa Clara by now?
They should, but they won't. The stadium plans for SC aren't feasible. That's just window dressing anyway. The team will complain about not getting a new stadium in SF and SC and will eventually move south to LA ... unless the Raiders get there first.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone get butters to shoot al davis in the DIIICK
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
They should, but they won't. The stadium plans for SC aren't feasible. That's just window dressing anyway. The team will complain about not getting a new stadium in SF and SC and will eventually move south to LA ... unless the Raiders get there first.
Even if we don't and the Niners try to Al Davis will sue.Thats if he knows whats going on.