Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlookin View Post
wow thats profound insight since close losses usually come down to mistakes at certain positions such as quarterbacks. I bet 90% of all losses in Brett Farve's career were because of his mistakes yet hes consider one of the best ever by some, your probably in that lot. Grow up micky mouse, just for comparision Cassel is better then all of the quarterbacks in the NFC North, West minus rodgers and warner. Anyway for someone who balled out in his first year, get off his back
Orton >>>> Cassel

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
My point was that a better line and wrs dosent always make a Qb great, it certainly helps but i think Cassell showed later in the season he was capable of making good decision and getting the job done.
when did the Cards ever have an good o-line? Plus Arizona offense doesn't fit Matt.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe Matt Leinart just sucks? he also didnt have like 400 years to learn the offense

Old 01-05-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still wondering what team is willing to give up a 1st this year and some other pick to get Matty Castle. Should be interesting.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were an NFL GM I'd be wary of staking my future on a player with 1 year of starting experience in the past 7 years. Especially one who may have only been successful because he played behind a very strong OL and was able to throw to Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Let the Patriots have their fun paying two quarterbacks 10+ million a year
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the bottom line:

If they franchise Cassel, they will not keep him if they know Tom Brady will be back next year, he will be traded.

On the other hand, if Brady does need another season to recover, they will keep him, placing Brady on PUP / IR, negating his salary against the cap.

Either way, this is a precautionary move by the Pats. They are taking the lets wait and see approach, and I suspect by Feb-Mar they'll have a good idea of where Tom is at and what they should do next.

This is a risk-free move for them, very smart.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a good move. I was really hard on Cassel at first but he really stepped his game up. He can make all the throws he needs to in our offense, not sure how that would translate to a different situation, but he's good for us and would probably get quite a bit on the trade market. Should fetch a first rounder and maybe a third, if not that defiantly a high second and a third. Also doesn't hurt to have him around if Brady isn't ready to go.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said several times there's no way they will franchise Cassell. Then he really blew up to finish the season.

Now it is clearly a smart move given his value - both in trade and as the potential # 1 QB next season pending Brady's status. I do think people have completely forgotten the 3rd round pick spent on O'Connell this year, though. Don't be surprised to see the Pats sign & trade Cassell for the picks and rely on O'Connell to step in if Brady is slow to return. If Brady goes for surgery again and will miss the 09 season we will likely see Cassell as #1 and KO as #2.

I am still unsure he would continue the success with another franchise, but it seems like a safer bet to give him the chance over an untested rookie picked up in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
No way NE trades him to anyone in our own conference.
If the price is right (2 1st rounders) I would not be surprised if they do. But the price will definitely be higher for div rivals.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
If I were an NFL GM I'd be wary of staking my future on a player with 1 year of starting experience in the past 7 years. Especially one who may have only been successful because he played behind a very strong OL and was able to throw to Randy Moss and Wes Welker.
I hear you, but at the same time if you're a GM in need of a starting QB you've got to give him a look. A single NFL season is a lot of experience vs. a college career. We're constantly looking down on prospects for coming out of non-pro setups, even a single year in a pro setup has to be worth a huge amount in terms of evaluation by comparison. If he has problems with his mechanics, throws or decision making then that's different.

Also, on the weapons thing, whilst Moss is obviously a huge name, we shouldn't pretend that Wes Welker is an elite WR that boosts his QB. He's had an almost identical season. The thing that would concern me most about Cassell is taking him away from a system he's comfortable in and especially from Josh McDaniels. His new OC would be a huge factor for me.

Quote:
Let the Patriots have their fun paying two quarterbacks 10+ million a year
That'd be quite funny. Reckon there's any chance of the Pats being boxed in trade value-wise?
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way someone gives up a currnt top 10 pick and a fuuture 1st and or 3rd to get Cassell. Why not keep that top 10 pick draft Stafford/Bradford and pick up O line with the next picks or something. Just does not make sense IMO. I think Matty Castle is solid but come on, no way he is worth more than Jared Allen value wise.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
That'd be quite funny. Reckon there's any chance of the Pats being boxed in trade value-wise?
Cassell can refuse to sign a long-term contract with any team he doesn't want to play for. So if the Lions have the best offer but he doesn't want to play for them the trade won't happen.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Wes Welker is the best white Wide receiver and prolly the best Slot, possession receiver

Old 01-05-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Wes Welker is the best white Wide receiver and prolly the best Slot, possession receiver
Who cares if hes the best white receiver? lol
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't argue that he's not a good receiver, he's just not an elite WR that constitutes an automatic easy ride for his QB. What I'm arguing is that it's not a matter of Cassell having a good supporting cast alone that's led to his success this season.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

idk i just felt like saying it :D

so possibly one of the best WRs ever and the best slot receiver/one of the best possession receivers is not a great supporting cast? okay...

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 01-05-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hear you, but at the same time if you're a GM in need of a starting QB you've got to give him a look. A single NFL season is a lot of experience vs. a college career. We're constantly looking down on prospects for coming out of non-pro setups, even a single year in a pro setup has to be worth a huge amount in terms of evaluation by comparison. If he has problems with his mechanics, throws or decision making then that's different.

Also, on the weapons thing, whilst Moss is obviously a huge name, we shouldn't pretend that Wes Welker is an elite WR that boosts his QB. He's had an almost identical season. The thing that would concern me most about Cassell is taking him away from a system he's comfortable in and especially from Josh McDaniels. His new OC would be a huge factor for me.

He might not be elite, but don't talk down on him like that. He is a very good receiver who finished in the top 10 in yards, ahead of Moss.

Random fact: my step brother went to high school with Wes Welker

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

Quote:
idk i just felt like saying it :D
It was a good line.

Quote:
so possibly one of the best WRs ever and the best slot receiver/one of the best possession receivers is not a great supporting cast? okay...
Yes it's a decent cast. Now re-read what I said. It's not a cast you could plug dear old J.T. into and expect the same results. ;)
Old 01-05-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was a good line.

Yes it's a decent cast. Now re-read what I said. It's not a cast you could plug dear old J.T. into and expect the same results. ;)
You're right, sitting in the same system for 4 years really helped him too. Cassel isn't going to make an immediate impact on any team. I'd personally draft a top prospect with a high pick. I'd look at him if I didn't have chance at Stafford or others.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While Wes Welker may not be "elite" he runs great routes and never drops a pass. A guy like that will always make a QB look good.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
You're right, sitting in the same system for 4 years really helped him too. Cassel isn't going to make an immediate impact on any team. I'd personally draft a top prospect with a high pick. I'd look at him if I didn't have chance at Stafford or others.

Sure, taking one of the top rookies in the draft is a better idea than trading that pick & more away for Cassell. But that will only be the case for 2 teams. I don't understand how that fact seems to be missed. The top 2 prospects will go fairly early, and there will still be at least a half dozen teams in need of a starting QB. Who else will they be looking at that could start & compete right away?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

zzzzZZZZZzzzz

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't argue that he's not a good receiver, he's just not an elite WR that constitutes an automatic easy ride for his QB. What I'm arguing is that it's not a matter of Cassell having a good supporting cast alone that's led to his success this season.
Welker is indeed an elite WR - an elite screen and short route WR. Probably the best in the NFL. He's a yards-after-catch king.

Which is the true best friend of a QB. Nothing easier than firing off a 3 yard screen pass that goes for 20. If they kept a yards-per-attempt-at-point-of-catch stat, Cassell would probably bottom the league.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post

zzzzZZZZZzzzz
People should start to learn. jordy Nelson is not white. Gods dont have skin color...

Old 01-05-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WTFZZZ

CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post

zzzzZZZZZzzzz
Quote:
People should start to learn. jordy Nelson is not white. Gods dont have skin color...
god ur really late