Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ***Divisional Round Discussion Thread**

O hai guiz! Eagles still in this! Woohoo!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be suprised if they are still in this after sunday..
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interestingly, the stat website Football Outsiders had the Eagles ranked as the #1 team in the league, despite finishing 9-6-1.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens vs Titans its going to be awesome. I am so ready for this game.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't discuss the giants during the playoffs....but im nervous :(
Old 01-05-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol im nervous as well but i will just hope that it all goes as planned
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 01-05-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we win, I don't know who I would rather face. The Titans or the Ravens. The Ravens scare me more than the Titans but they are a division rival but the Titans kinda acted foolish after beating us in the regular season and so I want some payback.

It would be sweet to beat the Ravens three times in a season. But that payback would be hellaciously awesome.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
If we win, I don't know who I would rather face. The Titans or the Ravens. The Ravens scare me more than the Titans but they are a division rival but the Titans kinda acted foolish after beating us in the regular season and so I want some payback.

It would be sweet to beat the Ravens three times in a season. But that payback would be hellaciously awesome.
I'm sure Steelers nation wants nothing more than to watch Hines Ward deliver a blindside, mutilation hit to Bullock for what he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I'm sure Steelers nation wants nothing more than to watch Hines Ward deliver a blindside, mutilation hit to Bullock for what he did.
And Lendale and Scaife. It would be wondermous but beating the Ravens thrice would be nice as well. Decisions decisions. This is all hypothetical though. We have to beat San Diego first of course.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I've got the Titans, Stillers and Cards advancing. I don't pick giants playoff games unless there's money involved so i won't comment on our game, but here's my rationale for the other three.

The ravens-titans game is going to be a brutal close battle, but I like the Titans D by just a smidge over the ravens D and I don't see the Ravens forcing a **** ton of turnovers again. Offensively I think Kerry Collins and that running game will move the ball enough against that ravens D to wins this game in the fourth. For the Ravens I see Flacco struggling big time and I'm not sure that running game will be able to get enough going to win. I won't be surprised either way but IMO the Titans are the scariest team in the AFC as long as Kerry Collins doesn't decide to do his best Kurt Warner impression and fumble 4 times.

Speaking of Kurt Warner boy did they luck out that the Iggles won, not saying the panthers aren't potentially a better team than the gmen, but you know that that Cards O will do much better in Charlotte than they would've in cold and blustery East Rutherford. This will be a game were the D's get some stops, but I see a shoot out developing here. Something along the lines of 28-24 and I think the Cards gave themselves a lot of confidence by beating on the Falcons. As I've mentioned before I don't trust Delhomme this year despite his past playoff success and if that running game isn't clicking on all cylinders or Steve Smith doesn't go Kindlezzz on the cards I see the cards pulling ahead in the fourth. Again I see a very physical matchup between two teams that love to hit and coached by hard nosed SOBs and either team advancing wouldn't surprise me, but I'm feeling the upset here.

The Chargers have a great chance to upset pittsburgh here, but I think that D does a great job containing Rivers while on offense they do enough on that under-achieving Chargers D to win it.

Oh and **** the Iggles.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Diego was 4-8 and now they are 1 game from the AFC Championship. Gotta love the NFL.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Steelers win, the team they play will be beat up since the Titans and Ravens are two of the most physicalest teams in the league.

I want payback, but then again, the Ravens always talk and I would love to knock them off for a third time.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
If the Steelers win, the team they play will be beat up since the Titans and Ravens are two of the most physicalest teams in the league.

I want payback, but then again, the Ravens always talk and I would love to knock them off for a third time.
So hard to beat a team three times in one year. I'd rather play the Titans if I were you.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait, would love to end our 2 biggest rivals' seasons in the same season. :)
Old 01-05-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Can't wait, would love to end our 2 biggest rivals' seasons in the same season. :)
I'm just glad we are playing you coming off a loss in our last meeting. DeSean Jackson also had a ton of hidden yardage in the form of punt returns in the Minnesota game, which will be non existant against us. Two things I'm counting on.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
San Diego was 4-8 and now they are 1 game from the AFC Championship. Gotta love the NFL.
1 game from hosting the AFC Championship, if they and the Ravens win. 2008 has really been a wacky year.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

i cant believe he keeps saying the titans def is better than the ravens its so funny that is just totally wrong

John Wall
Old 01-05-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
i cant believe he keeps saying the titans def is better than the ravens its so funny that is just totally wrong
I can't believe he keeps saying the Ravens def is better than the Titans, it's so funny. That is just totally wrong.

See what I did there.

The defenses are on par and if you refuse to acknowledge that I'm going to have to homer battle you by saying the giants D is better than the ravens D our pass rushers are better (and I count suggs as a pass rusher) our corners smoke yours while Reed smokes Philips Plus our DC is better and we have much better depth.

So please let's not get overly homer here and acknowledge that the ravens and titans D's are very close and the difference comes down to personal preference.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles def > All

What?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking the Chargers, Eagles, and Panthers in this weekend's games.

The homer in me says Baltimore, but the sensible reasoning says Tennessee.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I can't believe he keeps saying the Ravens def is better than the Titans, it's so funny. That is just totally wrong.

See what I did there.

The defenses are on par and if you refuse to acknowledge that I'm going to have to homer battle you by saying the giants D is better than the ravens D our pass rushers are better (and I count suggs as a pass rusher) our corners smoke yours while Reed smokes Philips Plus our DC is better and we have much better depth.

So please let's not get overly homer here and acknowledge that the ravens and titans D's are very close and the difference comes down to personal preference.
im not saying the titans are the bengals def but im saying i dont think its as close as you make it

John Wall
Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
im not saying the titans are the bengals def but im saying i dont think its as close as you make it
Nah, the titans aren't that much better than the ravens. I'll stick with saying they're on par but I like the Titans D a little more.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The similarities between 2000 and 2008 are striking for the Titans and Ravens.

The Titans went 13-3 in 2000. They had the #1 seed. Who did they host in the divisional round? The wildcard Ravens. Oh, and the Superbowl was also in Tampa that season.

The Ravens won that game despite being out-gained and, arguably, outplayed for most of the game. The Ravens had 134 offensive yards. Del Greco missed 3 key fg's for the Titans. Most Titans fans feel that was the Titans true Superbowl season and that the "better team" lost. The Ravens went on to be Superbowl champs.

Now it's time to right the wrong. The 2003 WC win in Baltimore doesn't count as payback for 2000. Even though there are more Titans from that 2000 game currently on the 2008 Ravens than the 2008 Titans, Fisher has got to channel that let down and come out strong.

Because if he doesn't, the Titans will simply be the Ravens' playoff bitches.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles seem to have a lot of love lately, but I just can't see the Giants going one-and-done. They've got legit poise, I just don't see the upset happening.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans ranked better in points allowed, Ravens better in yards. The Ravens have a clear edge in run D IMO, but overall I'd say they are very close with maybe a slight edge to the Ravens due to their attacking style, although this is more prone to the big play IMO. Also, the Ravens D has faltered down the stretch of games at times.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote