Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I had Ware and Harrison behind both Haynesworth and Reed.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Personally I had Ware and Harrison behind both Haynesworth and Reed.
Haynesworth & Reed were both deserving as well. I dont think they could have gone wrong with any of those 4
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=MetSox17;1408676]There is no way in hell James Harrison was clearly the best OLB in the game this year. You're telling me that if you asked 50 people that regularly watch football, and enough Pittsburgh and Dallas games, who the best OLB in the game was, you'd get 50 people telling you James Harrison? [quote]

im saying james harrison was the best OLB in the game this year yes because not only did he get all kinds of sacks he cause alot of turnovers and i know its not about stats so im going to say this harrison causes his turnovers during crucial times of the game he gets sacks on 3rd and short and late in the game to make it 4th and long force teams to punt. i stick by what i said and if you want to explain why he isnt the best in the league THIS YEAR not in the league period just this year than feel free
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES : 01-05-2009 at 04:57 PM.
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bernard Pollard should have won.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This has been argued endlessly already, it makes no sense to continue. Congrats to Harrison.
so obviously it was close. so why the **** would u say: oh yea Ware is better.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I would not have been upset had Ed Reed won the award, but to give it to a guy who had less of a year than another at the same position, is kind of mind boggling. Oh well, like D said, at least he won't use that as extra leverage (as if he needed any more) for more money.
Not really, all his stats we're very comparable to Ware's. He was really great in every area this year. To say less of year is insulting to Harrison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tbh i wouldnt have been suprised if anyone of Harrison, Reed or Ware had one it. They all had equal value to thier teams, and they all played lights out football. Im just pleased for Harrison as an individual...to come from being an udfa from kent state, getting released multiple times, playing all out on special teams just to get a job, and a load of other poops...to becoming one of the best defensive players in all of football is a HUGE achievement. I dont think it matters who won the title, im just pleased the dude is getting his due recognition :) Congrats Deebo!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
how did Harrison have less of a year

DUnit kinda, and he always was saying that in general cause he expected Cowboy fans to complain

Because Metsox hates the steelers.

Quote:
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

all you people are proving my point about nnamdi asomugha.

no one throws his way. "he cuts the field in half".

If that isn't amazing impact I don't know what is.

Bruce Allen draft choice of course.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 01-05-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might write 500 word short sotry about why Bernard Pollard shuold have won it. BRB!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
Because Metsox hates the steelers.
Metsox = cowboys fan

NOW I GET IT!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
is harrison a system player?

asking b/c steelers always seem to have good olb

and fwiw, i dont think hes the best defensive player on his team (polamalu is)
That is a stereotype in Pittsburgh, but I don't think Harrison is. Harrison is very good against the run and is very good in coverage. I don't think he'd be as dominant in a 4-3, but he certainly could be a good player in it.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
all you people are proving my point about nnamdi asomugha.

no one throws his way. "he cuts the field in half".

If that isn't amazing impact I don't know what is.

Bruce Allen draft choice of course.
How he didn't get any consideration is a pretty big slap in the face, but he is on the raiders. Not that it should have too much of an impact...but it's the Raiders.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
so obviously it was close. so why the **** would u say: oh yea Ware is better.
I said i thought Ware deserved it over Harrison and Reed. The other _(expletive)__ said that Harrison was hands down the best OLB in the game, which is an asinine comment to make.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because Metsox hates obnoxious steelers homers like myself
I edited in what i know you really meant.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

Quote:
I edited in what i know you really meant.
Wow, that was so clever of you. Don't be bitter because your team was clearly overrated and ware, while having a great season, didn't deserve the award over guys like harrison reed and haynesworth. Those three guys are the biggest influences on the three best defenses in football. They got their teams to the playoffs by anchoring great defenses. Ware, while having a great statistical season, played for a good defense, but also a defense that collapsed in the last two games when they needed to play well. Get over yourself. You never give any justification why your arguments are legit other than...I'm right, you're just a homer. Get over yourself...And heeeeere comes more neg rep from metsox because he takes everything way too seriously.

Quote:

Last edited by captainjack27 : 01-05-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
do you not believe reed could of took it?? because he deserved it. my pick was harrison because i think he was incredible this year. i wont change my vote but i will say i wouldnt of been shocked if reed got it and im not shocked harrison got it. theres more to a game than just sacks and harrison has that.

and i think ed reed is more important to his team than harrison is but i think harrison was the DPOY
Not at all. The way he said it though I thought he was implying Harrison wasn't nearly as important to the team as reed. While it is debatable, Harrison does a lot more for the Steeler Defense than he is credited for. No disrespect to Reed, he is a huge part of that defense and a phenomenal player, but it's just my two cents.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This arguement is useless...LAMARR WOODLEY IS OBV THE BEST AND MOST AWESOMEST PLAYER EVER!!! :)

EDIT: Please do not take this seriously...this is just my twisted (and correct) opinion ;)
Old 01-05-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Wow, that was so clever of you. Don't be bitter because your team was clearly overrated and ware didn't deserve the award. Get over yourself. You never give any justification why your arguments are legit other than...I'm right, you're just a homer. Get over yourself...And heeeeere comes more neg rep from metsox because he takes everything way too seriously.
Okay, so now you're saying that Ware wasn't deserving of the award? What exactly is enough merit to win a DPOY award? I've given plenty of reason for my thoughts, i've gone on page long arguments with your boy Mr. Stiller on plenty of things.

Fact of the matter is, there's plenty of Pittsburgh fans on this site (you being one of them) that think their team is so underrated and under-appreciated by the media, that you go on endless rants on how your guys are better than the rest of the league. The fact that you (or someone else, i'm not bothering to look back) said that Harrison was hands down the best OLB in the game this year, is borderline ********, yet you actually believe that crap. That's what ticks me off into bringing your asses back down to earth.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Bernard Pollard should have won.
dammit, I was gonna post something about how I know you voted for him. dammit and you being speedy!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

No Eric Foster, Ron Girault??? :|
Old 01-05-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Don't piss of metsox, he's worse than a childless menopausal woman...Wait a minute...I figured Metsox out, it's ok you can always still adopt.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said i thought Ware deserved it over Harrison and Reed. The other _(expletive)__ said that Harrison was hands down the best OLB in the game, which is an asinine comment to make.
if you were referring to me i was saying he was the best this year and i stick by that
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES : 01-05-2009 at 05:52 PM.
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

Quote:
Okay, so now you're saying that Ware wasn't deserving of the award? What exactly is enough merit to win a DPOY award? I've given plenty of reason for my thoughts, i've gone on page long arguments with your boy Mr. Stiller on plenty of things.

Fact of the matter is, there's plenty of Pittsburgh fans on this site (you being one of them) that think their team is so underrated and under-appreciated by the media, that you go on endless rants on how your guys are better than the rest of the league. The fact that you (or someone else, i'm not bothering to look back) said that Harrison was hands down the best OLB in the game this year, is borderline ********, yet you actually believe that crap. That's what ticks me off into bringing your asses back down to earth.
You right, I poorly worded that post, I fixed it. I never said that Harrison was Hands down the best. Also, where the hell have I said that everyone on my team is the best? Stop putting words into my mouth. The only people I have said were the best at their positions on the steelers, were Polamalu and Harrison. Both of those guys have legitimate arguments. I have said that guys like Aaron Smith and James Farrior are top players in the league, but by no stretch of the imagination are they the best at their positions. Please, find one post where I said Everyone on the steelers is better than everyone else. Go ahead.

As for Ware, yes statistically he was better than harrison, but not by much. As for the MVP, the three candidates I mentioned before made the biggest impacts on three of the leagues best defenses. They stepped up and allowed there teams to get into the playoffs. When it came crunch time, where did Ware and the Cowboys go? Lost to Ravens after giving up back to 75+ yard runs and then getting oblitterated by Philly, (granted as D-Unit said the offense had a lot to do with that). So yes, Ware could be considered, but ultimately doesn't deserve it.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
if you were refering to me i was saying he was the best this year and i stick by that
Don't poke the bear! Apparently you'll be a steelers homer too despite being a fan of the arch-enemy!

Quote: