Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
As much as I hate him now for being on the skins he had a great case for being the most impressive defender that year.

I'm not going to use the "his team is in the playoffs" argument for Harrison b/c it doesn't have too much relevance, but Harrison just stuck out to me more as a beast who prevented the offense from making plays and made plays for the D. Maybe I'm just used to ware being disgustingly good so it doesn't impress me as much, but I thought Harrison was even more nasty this year than ware.
No way, Champ Bailey got robbed because Jason Taylor made a spectacle of himself by bashing Merriman. I threw a pic of him up there because it's clear that not making the playoffs is not an instant DQ when it comes to the DPOY.

PS:

It's got electrolytes!!!

Last edited by CC.SD : 01-05-2009 at 07:03 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
No way, Champ Bailey got robbed because Jason Taylor made a spectacle of himself by bashing Merriman. I threw a pic of him up there because it's clear that not making the playoffs is not an instant DQ when it comes to the DPOY.

PS:

It's got electrolytes!!!
I would've picked Champ but JT had a great year and had a good case.

Brawndo is the best energy drink available, I hope it becomes the new Coca Cola as we shift to energy drinks from true sodas.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Ware was more consistent all season, and statistically had a better season.

But the Steelers defense as a whole was better so Harrison wins...I don't get it.

Obviously you are looking at only sacks..... look at all of the stats buddy.

Harrison had 7 forced fumbles and nfl.com didnt have how many ware had
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ware had 6 i think but its not about stats its about when you come up big for your team and to me harrison has that in the bag because he has alot of late 4th quarter sacks and ff
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Obviously you are looking at only sacks..... look at all of the stats buddy.

Harrison had 7 forced fumbles and nfl.com didnt have how many ware had
6 for ware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
is harrison a system player?

asking b/c steelers always seem to have good olb

and fwiw, i dont think hes the best defensive player on his team (polamalu is)
Aaron Smith is easily the best player on that whole team.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I would not have been upset had Ed Reed won the award, but to give it to a guy who had less of a year than another at the same position, is kind of mind boggling. Oh well, like D said, at least he won't use that as extra leverage (as if he needed any more) for more money.
Didn't you say practically "Without a doubt, Ware is the DPOY"....

Hmm.

Anyways..

I would love to find a website that breaks down Sacks Vs. Pass attemtps. I would believe that Harrison wins that battle by a rather large margin.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
That your basis of rewarding Harrison is the fact that he means more, or that he had more impact on his team. Ware single handedly carried that front 7, while out performing Harrison statistically. Being on a less talented team, and in spite of that putting up better numbers, is what should have made Ware the DPOY. If you still don't understand after that, i can draw a picture for you.
Uh oh... someone's upset.

It's funny watching you eat crow.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:11 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Uh oh... someone's upset.

It's funny watching you eat crow.
I don't have to eat crow because i never said Harrison was a bad player. If i said "Harrison is garbage, and he'll never amount to anything", then he comes out and wins DPOY, then i'd eat crow. I just thought Ware was more deserving. No birds here to eat.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should be eating crow because I thought he was overrated.

After seeing him play a couple games, I'm a changed man, I think he's an amazing linebacker. I think though OLB is a position pretty conducive to racking up stats. Not saying that they don't work hard and aren't skilled but, imo they don't fight as hard for their sacks as defensive ends and tackles do.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:30 AM    (permalink
Brooder
Rookie

Brooder hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just goes to show you that you don't need to have the highest 40 yard dash or other combine numbers to become an excellent NFL player. James Harrison a 6'0" 242 outside linebacker was not even drafted out of college but worked his butt off to get to where he is today. There are more players that have more talent than Harrison but not the work ethic. That is why it is so hard to project on how good an NFL player will be from the draft.
Brooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHAT!!! RODNEY HARRISON WAS ON IR THOUGH!!! lolololololol i hope someone stupid responds to this lolololololol
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooder View Post
Just goes to show you that you don't need to have the highest 40 yard dash or other combine numbers to become an excellent NFL player. James Harrison a 6'0" 242 outside linebacker was not even drafted out of college but worked his butt off to get to where he is today. There are more players that have more talent than Harrison but not the work ethic. That is why it is so hard to project on how good an NFL player will be from the draft.
Thats True but Harrison I believe holds the Rookie Combine Record for Biggest Bench Press.

Ware had like 450 and Harrison was around 485 or something.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Harrison is an interesting case because he had major college offers until they were yanked after an unfortunate incident in high school. We'll never know what his draft position would've been like had he played for Ohio State instead of Kent State.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ******* joke this award has become. Seriously. There is just one man who deserves this award and his name is Jamie Winborn. Why, by watching him it seems that every tackle he makes is a stuff on 4th down to win the Super Bowl. THAT is impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

PS:

It's got electrolytes!!!
It's got what plants crave!

Also yeah, IMO Champ deserved it that year. He personally made Darrent(R.I.P.) look like the worst corner in the league after the Colts game. Seriously. Teams threw all over Darrent, and rarely dared to test Champ. Plus he had like what, 10 picks that year when they did look at him? I'm too young to have seen Deion in his prime but that was the best season I've ever seen by a CB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Brsch57
Rookie

Brsch57 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hell yea..
Old 01-11-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
It's got what plants crave!

Also yeah, IMO Champ deserved it that year. He personally made Darrent(R.I.P.) look like the worst corner in the league after the Colts game. Seriously. Teams threw all over Darrent, and rarely dared to test Champ. Plus he had like what, 10 picks that year when they did look at him? I'm too young to have seen Deion in his prime but that was the best season I've ever seen by a CB.
What about Nbamadi Asomoaugh the last 2 years.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Aaron Smith is easily the best player on that whole team.
Thank god someone else knows that. I'm so sick of him not getting props for what he does.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Thank god someone else knows that. I'm so sick of him not getting props for what he does.
i noticed it i drafted him in my defensive draft hes my best lineman
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote