Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
a serious wedgie? seriously?

because you made a moronic statement and have thus far only backed up the things you've said with "lol"? because other posters have made the same illogical argument? because some posters WERE in fact comparing players?
i was going to say panties in a bunch but thats used to much so i figured i would change it up feel my steez homeslice???
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to Brees, he is deserving
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best Qb in the NFC and easily top three or four, good choice for the award since he got so snubbed in the MVP voting.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

None of Brees receivers had 1,000yds. That is amazing considering he had over 5,000yds passing.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
None of Brees receivers had 1,000yds. That is amazing considering he had over 5,000yds passing.
Damn, that is an interesting stat.

*points to sig*
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Hamptorf
Rookie

Hamptorf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
a remarkable season Brees had.

its amazing how back in 04 nobody wanted this guy
Old 01-06-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bull crap i wanted him lol j/k i know you meant teams
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 01-06-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamptorf View Post
a remarkable season Brees had.

its amazing how back in 04 nobody wanted this guy
Also if Philip Rivers doesn't holdout he may have never gotten another chance.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Drew he is the best
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Hamptorf
Rookie

Hamptorf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just imagine what who would do with a "Elite" WR

not counting colsten

This guy is just amazing
Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew will always hold a special place in my heart; I have to admit Stan the man Humphries was my first love (age range priced me out of Fouts' era) but watching Brees shed the bust label and win us the AFC West in 04 was sweeeeeet.

05 was not easy going, and we ended up missing the playoffs, but Drew stayed cool as a cucumber leading us back against the 13-0 Colts in Indy. Nobody will ever doubt his heart.

Rivers v. Brees is a debate that I'm sure will continue for a long, long time, but when the split finally happened I thought for sure I'd end up pissed and bitter. As it happened, the Chargers stayed steady and I got to stay proud and keep all of my warm fuzzy feelings for the Breeser.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would have thought Brees could tally 5000 with a top rating after his terrible 3rd season?

Just goes to show that QB's can develop in unique and unpredictable ways.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
God I hated that trade and hate it even more now.

I still think Brees should have won MVP. Tied for the record in TDs this year as well as being the only the second player to pass for over 5,000 yards in a season.
Agree on MVP. I know most think MVP has to go to a player on a playoff team, but what Brees did this year is practically unheard of. 5000 yards passing is no joke. He would have had my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i feel like saving someone the time, so i'll be cliche:

"but it's the mVp, not the mOp award!! how is a guy padding stats more *valuable* than a guy leading his team to the playoffs?!?!"
Exactly. To be honest, passing yards are not that amazing. Especially when you are on an 8-8 team that has a porous defense.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i feel like saving someone the time, so i'll be cliche:

"but it's the mVp, not the mOp award!! how is a guy padding stats more *valuable* than a guy leading his team to the playoffs?!?!"
yup i agree. OPOY can be about offensive stats but MVP is value and if your not in the playoffs your value isnt as good as someone who lead there team to the playoffs

John Wall
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A bit off the topic but has there been a team in history to have 2 1,000 yard rushers and 2 1,000 yard receivers?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
A bit off the topic but has there been a team in history to have 2 1,000 yard rushers and 2 1,000 yard receivers?
Nope there has yet to be a team with 2 1000 yard rushers and 1 1000 yard reciever.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote