Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 01-06-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vincent Jackson: DUI

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/new...ted_for_d.html

I know a lot of people are expecting some kind of homerish defense, but if you've read my rantings against Leonard Little and Jared Allen, you'll know that my personal belief through experience is a zero tolerance policy for this crime. I honestly don't want to see Jackson in a Charger uniform ever again. I'll have more thoughts on this later, but for now here's the link, it's confirmed. I'm truly disgusted.

"Chargers player arrested for DUI

San Diego Chargers' wide receiver Vincent Jackson was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving early this morning.

Jackson was booked into county jail on a misdemeanor charge and released by 6 a.m., a spokesman with the Sheriff's Department said.

Jackson was team's second-leading receiver this year with 59 catches and he led the team with 1,098 yards. He also had 7 TDs.

The Chargers face off against the Pittsburgh Steelers in a divisional playoff game at 1:45 p.m. Sunday.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love for you to be a GM in the NFC East.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For once, I'm happy that Goodell is the commish. Do your stuff Goodell, one less weapon for us to worry about
Old 01-06-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how stupid are NFL players?? its so funny how you get paid all that money and cant pay someone to be your driver lol now the nfl will suspend him for a game and he will miss the biggest game of his season. Im sure steelers fans are happy
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is it only suspicion?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he really was (and not suspicion like GOW mentioned) then he needs to be suspended for the Steelers game.

I was VERY upset the Giants didn't suspend Kareem McKenzie for a game when he got his DUI. Even though Kareem is a great guy and was super regretful (and I believe him about it) he still needed to be suspended for a game.

People don't realize just how dangerous this is. Everytime you do it you can get somebody killed, or even yourself doing it. Needs to be a mandatory one game suspension in my opinion and not always a team decision.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i agree a suspension for the steelers game should be his punishment i know its a big game but drinking and driving is serious. even though i do it lol maybe i shouldnt be allowed to watch the steelers game lol
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

remember guys, three or four beers is enough to put you over .08. "legally drunk" is not the same thing as "drunk."
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, except I think he should be suspended forever. Beyond the horrific, monstrously beyond selfish action that even stepping into a vehicle while intoxicated entails, the fact that he does it during the playoffs is just sickening.

I have to raise my eyebrow about a 3am arrest and a 6am release; this is probably the detail that will get him to dodge a suspension in the organization's eyes.

Ugh. Floyd should be back this week at least. VJ can go crawl in a hole somewhere.

Honestly these pro athletes are treated their whole lives like they are the center of the entire universe, it is inconceivable to them that there are other people around them, living their own lives. Guess what, being drunk behind the wheel turns you into a KILLING MACHINE and for what reason? Why is it so important to these rich bastards that they drive their own car? Hire a cab you jerkoff: it's not about money, or how you look, or prestige, take a cab because there is a significantly lower chance that you won't murder someone.

Last edited by CC.SD : 01-06-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams practice during the week until Tursday usually. What's he doing going out drinking when he has practice in the morning
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I agree, except I think he should be suspended forever. Beyond the horrific, monstrously beyond selfish action that even stepping into a vehicle while intoxicated entails, the fact that he does it during the playoffs is just sickening.

I have to raise my eyebrow about a 3am arrest and a 6am release; this is probably the detail that will get him to dodge a suspension in the organization's eyes.

Ugh. Floyd should be back this week at least. VJ can go crawl in a hole somewhere.

Honestly these pro athletes are treated their whole lives like they are the center of the entire universe, it is inconceivable to them that there are other people around them, living their own lives. Guess what, being drunk behind the wheel turns you into a KILLING MACHINE and for what reason? Why is it so important to these rich bastards that they drive their own car? Hire a cab you jerkoff: it's not about money, or how you look, or prestige, take a cab because there is a significantly lower chance that you won't murder someone.
really riding the high horse today, aren't we?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo Vincent, if you're not accepted again up there, come down here to Oakland! The QB is almost your size!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Forever? We're not talking about a guy with a rap sheet like Pac Man Jones here. I will bet he gets no punishment this season while details are still coming out and may end up suspended for the first game of 2009.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think you'll be needing this. Punished yes, suspended forever? Thats a bit far IMO.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what the sad thing is?

we're calling for his head, but how many of you know a buddy or friend who did far worse after hammering some beers at the bar?

i think every single one of us knows at least one person guilty of doing this.

im not saying what he did was right, i thoroughly believe he should be punished for his behavior, all im saying is we should look ourselves in the mirror before we overreact to anything. half this board drove out of the bar once in their life after having 3 beers.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

I think you'll be needing this. Punished yes, suspended forever? Thats a bit far IMO.
Obviously he won't be suspended forever. But I'm not on a high horse, drunk driving is as serious as it gets. It's ruined countless families, and the NFL does not take it seriously enough. Not even my homer goggles give him an inch on this one. I feel the same way about every player stupid enough to do this.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

One of my superiors here got arrested for a DUI 2 nights ago with a loaded gun in his car.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Old 01-06-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really pissed me off, mainly because he is my favortie WR in the NFL behind Torry Holt, but yea I have the idea of no tolerance on this stuff too; i was calling for Leonard Little's release from the team when he was caught driving drunk

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
really stoned today, aren't we?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

sorry I keep double posting. I have no computer out here so I have to use my phone for internet.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you're severely overestimating the age of half of this board.

on a sidenote that isn't directed at bbd in particular, "everybody did it" is a crappy defense for a horrific decision. if people can afford to go out drinking, they can afford to take a taxi home from the bar. or they can stay at a friend's house till morning. or if their decision making is that bad, they can stop drinking. i don't see how DUIs are in any way excusable. that said, i don't know that suspended for life is appropriate for what, i believe, is a first time offense. if the guy is doing this every other day? yeah. throw him out. send him to prison for a year and then rehab for a few years after that.
oh definitely. i just want to clarify that i don't condone what he did in anyway. nor do i think its not a serious offense.

i don't drink alcohol (not that this matters to my argument), and ive worked in customer retail for a long time in my teens. ive seen countless turds drive home wasted beyond belief, and it doesn't sit well with me at all.

i guess what im trying to say is, i wish society itself was treated with the same criticism that NFL players get, if that makes any sense. im not trying to get all philosophical here, but thats how i feel about it. if more people called for the average joe to lose his job when he drives drunk, we'd have a lot less drunks on the road.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Where Jackson really screwed up is the fact that he's currently on probation for a prior DUI
Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As others have said, I think this is a serious matter but I think you're (OP) overreacting on this one. The man made a mistake, granted its incredibly stupid and selfish mistake in my opinion, but to say he should never play on the Chargers again is pretty outlandish.

EDIT: Now seeing that he's had a prior DUI offense, I'm not exactly against "throwing the book" at him. If he's stupid enough to get a second DUI in a playoff week, then I don't know what to think.

Last edited by Twiddler : 01-06-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Here's a better article about it