Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-09-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
Magic number for Tebow next year is 37. 37 TDs and he has the highest TD total in NCAA history.

That along with another BCS Title and/or Heisman and he's the most decorated college player of all-time
And still have the same pro potential as Tommie Frazier
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Yeah although with Cosby gone and Shipley back I think he won his appeal, Shipley will set a receptions record. Colt will throw to him at least 20 times a game.
Yea he did win his appeal and your probably right, but maybe it would entice Malcolm to stay for his senior year and make things easier for Garrett Gilbert when he takes over the job...But we really don't have a playmaker at TE so Shipley will do alot of those underneath routes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll do a couple for wvu:

offense----rb terrance kerns (rsfresh); big 230lb rb to compliment devine

defense----lb donavan miles (rsfresh); wont start, but will be a back-up; word is he looked really good in fall practice and on scout team; could have played st this year, but staff didnt want him to waste a year

defense----cb brandon hogan (jr); 1st year playing cb; is a physical cb who can hit and is a ballhawk; did get beat on double moves due to inexperiance; assuming he comes back (undisclosed medical condition, but should be back from people who know) he should be real good

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
And still have the same pro potential as Tommie Frazier
LOL. Too bad Tommie Frazier's passing compares to Tebow as favorable as Tee Martin to Peyton Manning. Then again the gap is probably bigger than that
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Locker > post-marital sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea he did win his appeal and your probably right, but maybe it would entice Malcolm to stay for his senior year and make things easier for Garrett Gilbert when he takes over the job...But we really don't have a playmaker at TE so Shipley will do alot of those underneath routes.
I don't think it matters bro. We have good WRs who haven't even see the field yet. Then theres Collins who looks very good, Kirkendoll is solid. And of course ttheres that kid who goes to Eisenhower in Aldine that Mack recruited, Greg Timmons who is a skilled player.

Timmons

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Magic number for Tebow next year is 37. 37 TDs and he has the highest TD total in NCAA history.

That along with another BCS Title and/or Heisman and he's the most decorated college player of all-time
I'll take 10+ years in the NFL over 4 years of college. I don't think Matt Stafford envies Tebow much for those records right now.....all those records and national titles add up to nothing more than a career as a sportscaster if you don't have NFL talent.

That is unless he wants to squat to the ground, bow his neck and go block LBs for a few years.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sorry but I have to pimp two RB's from Miami. Bryce Brown and Graig Cooper. They are going to be sick next year as a tandem. Sucks for Javarris James, but he's always getting hurt.

If no one knows about Sean Spence by now then get ready. Was the ACC's defensive rookie of the year. Arthur Brown should break out next season as well.

Allen Bailey at DE is going to be another breakout. He'll be one of the best DE prospects next year.

Also Vaughn Telemaque at safety for Miami is going to breakout. Would have been starting if he didn't get hurt.

Just a couple players from Miami. I could have continued cause we have a lot of young talent but then I would take up a lot of space.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.
Geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomar View Post
Sorry but I have to pimp two RB's from Miami. Bryce Brown and Graig Cooper. They are going to be sick next year as a tandem. Sucks for Javarris James, but he's always getting hurt.

If no one knows about Sean Spence by now then get ready. Was the ACC's defensive rookie of the year. Arthur Brown should break out next season as well.

Allen Bailey at DE is going to be another breakout. He'll be one of the best DE prospects next year.

Also Vaughn Telemaque at safety for Miami is going to breakout. Would have been starting if he didn't get hurt.

Just a couple players from Miami. I could have continued cause we have a lot of young talent but then I would take up a lot of space.
Miami has a young undersized DE who really impressed me in a couple games last year. Can't remember his name and am too lazy to look into it right now...
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Robinson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'll take 10+ years in the NFL over 4 years of college. I don't think Matt Stafford envies Tebow much for those records right now.....all those records and national titles add up to nothing more than a career as a sportscaster if you don't have NFL talent.

That is unless he wants to squat to the ground, bow his neck and go block LBs for a few years.
Well considering the fact that Stafford is leaving early and may end up in Detroit, Im not so sure it's a guarantee his pro career will go any better than Tebow's

Does Jeff Garcia have NFL talent? I'd say so. I'd say Tebow is Garcia on steroids.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
Miami has a young undersized DE who really impressed me in a couple games last year. Can't remember his name and am too lazy to look into it right now...
Marcus Robinson.

Think Elvis Dumervil with him. He's not quite the pass rusher yet, but he's got the tools for sure.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well considering the fact that Stafford is leaving early and may end up in Detroit, Im not so sure it's a guarantee his pro career will go any better than Tebow's

Does Jeff Garcia have NFL talent? I'd say so. I'd say Tebow is Garcia on steroids.
I'm not guaranteeing anything with Stafford, other than his pro career being 10x that of Tebow's. Stafford will be a top-5 pick making big time $$$ at the very least. Tebow would be lucky to crack the 2nd string.

Garcia throws short passes accurately with touch. He has good mechanics and improvisation skills. He makes good decisions with the football and uses his checkdowns. He's elusive and quick whereas Tebow is stiff and straight-line fast.

Tebow is a big, strong running quarterback that can throw a nice deep ball. About 5% of his skills and production translate to the NFL. It's nice that he has great intangibles, but he has a gigantic uphill battle to becoming a good NFL QB and not just a system thrower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Marcus Robinson.

Think Elvis Dumervil with him. He's not quite the pass rusher yet, but he's got the tools for sure.
Don't hesitate. Marcus is well on his way to Dumervil/Freeney/Woodley proportions. He has all the talent and athletic ability and he's only a true Soph going into next year.

We have several guys on D who should breakout next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-28-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomar View Post
Sorry but I have to pimp two RB's from Miami. Bryce Brown...
You mean Oregon, right. =P

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Little bit of Hawk pimpage here..

Dace Richardson 6'6 320 OG/OT is back after a year and a half off from horrendous knee injury. He has two years left, in his first two years before injury he started LT for Iowa.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Little bit of Hawk pimpage here..

Dace Richardson 6'6 320 OG/OT is back after a year and a half off from horrendous knee injury. He has two years left, in his first two years before injury he started LT for Iowa.
i liked the way he played, bit hesitant after really bit knee injuries though, no matter what positino

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll play all out, if he can't put it together in these next two years, he has no shot for the league, and he's very close to his degree. If he does play well, and hard, with his talent, he could be a very impressive lineman, even as a professional, down the road.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not even sure if Dace will be able to play yet. Unless sometime over break he has started running and playing contact, I will wait until the summer to see if he will even be ready by the fall.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
You mean Oregon, right. =P
watch out, you might get neg repped for that....

trust me i know.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

someone already mentioned sean spence LB for the U.

trying to think of someone on auburn... but.. well.. ben tate will finally break out! bee ya

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

Dace will be ready for spring ball Treat.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Greg Jones LB Michigan State
-The BEST Linebacker in the Big 10 PERIOD. The kid is nuts and will have a really good pro career, he never stops and is one of the smartest football minds i've ever met.

Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State
- Lots of people think Nichol the OU transfer will start, but Cousins is really really good. He's gonna get the job and surprise a lot of people.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
Greg Jones LB Michigan State
-The BEST Linebacker in the Big 10 PERIOD. The kid is nuts and will have a really good pro career, he never stops and is one of the smartest football minds i've ever met.
You could make a case for either Jones or PSU LBs Navorro Bowman and Sean Lee, but yeah, Jones is good.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll drop a few names for my guys;

Offense:

Jerryd Fayson WR (I have no idea how to spell his first name, I think it changes from week to week lol): Sat out last year due to the transfer rule. Big time talent at WR, lit up spring practice last season. He and Benn are going to be a sick duo at WR. Kind of the opposite of Arrelious, Fayson is more of a "game breaker" type, where as Benn's game is more physical.

Jeff Allen RT - Started at RT as a freshman last year and did awesome. I think he'll garner All-Big 10 honors of some kind this year assuming he progresses like he has from spring ball.

Michael Hooman.... TE (yea I'll just stop there lol) - Really had a nice season last year. Good route runner, good run blocker, good hands, and a very good athlete. Many believe he projects has more of an OL in the pros than a TE but he'll be an intricate part of our passing attack this year. Believe he had All-Big 10 honors this past season. True story, Mike's been at my apartment before, dude is friggin' monstrous.

Defense:

Josh Brent DT - Has all the tools to be a dominant DT at this level and the next, just needs to put it all together. Showed signs of promise as the season went on, expect some big things from JB this year.

Corey Liuget DT - Man beast. Will be one of the best DT's in the country before his tenure is done at IL. Supposedly very "raw" coming in, he made huge plays on the DL all season long. Can't wait to see what a year of off season workouts and conditioning does for him. :D

If I had to "pimp" a player for next year I think it would be Fayson. With all the weapons we have on offense he'll have a lot of free space to do some things because defenses won't be able to focus on him with all the other guys we have on that side of the ball. I have heard from many people inside the program that Fayson has the potential to be better than Benn, I don't know if I believe that but it speaks highly of what he's capable of.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I thought Mallet looked like dog **** at Michigan when I saw him. Yea I know he was just a freshman but he'll have a year off of football rust coming into this year.

Tools are there (size, arm, etc) but I have doubts he can put it all together. We'll find out though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote