Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ESPN Top 25 for 09

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=3818270

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice.. Surprised they dropped Utah so low but they explained why.

LSU is gonna be dangerous next year and we're all excited for that.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Some of these ranking are beyond messed up.

-LSU all the way at 9. I expect them to be better with Jefferson, buts lets see him start more then 2 starts before we call them top 10. Robrt Marve looked outstanding after 2 starts.

-VT is way, way too high. Number 7? No team in the ACC deserves that and if VT doesnt get their O together they will struggle to win the ACC again with some good defenders leaving.

-FSU is too low. They have the brightest future of any ACC at this point. They should be in the 15 range.

-Maybe wait a week until Bradford or Tebow declare before putting them in the top 5.

Those were the most glaring to me but theres more that can be nitpicked.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really think they are underestimating the effect of oklahoma losing their entire line. Also as a ND fan i still think we are a bit high (was actually just hoping we'd get in). I also agree FSU is a bit low. Can we all agree now that the big east needs to be stripped from their automatic bcs birth now btw, they have noone in this whole thing.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we are ranked too low
Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
-LSU all the way at 9. I expect them to be better with Jefferson, buts lets see him start more then 2 starts before we call them top 10. Robrt Marve looked outstanding after 2 starts.
Jefferson has 3 starts. Not saying anything, I agree with you but just for accuracy purposes. Jefferson although gives me hope for 2009. The whole defensive backfield is expected to return as well as some studs up front. Brandon LaFell is groomed to have a big season next year. I know the defense wasn't great but our new coordinator should sure up that problem.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-FSU is too low. They have the brightest future of any ACC at this point. They should be in the 15 range.
As long as their coaching situation is a giant question mark as to who the actual head coach is, I don't see them finishing in the top 15.

I'd bet good money Miami finishes higher than FSU next year. Don't like their QB situation either and they lose their best player on defense to the NFL.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ole Miss at #12, love it.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Ole miss is my darkhorse for the SEC title next season. This also makes me want to throw up saying that.

Where's Mississippi State????? Oh yea thats right, we suck

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rutgers in '09!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Jefferson has 3 starts. Not saying anything, I agree with you but just for accuracy purposes. Jefferson although gives me hope for 2009. The whole defensive backfield is expected to return as well as some studs up front. Brandon LaFell is groomed to have a big season next year. I know the defense wasn't great but our new coordinator should sure up that problem.
Ur lsoing RJF, Tyson Jackson which are your 2 best DL.

Ur losing Bryd at WR, Johnson on ur OL.

Those are some big blows.

Jefferson wuld have to really blow up to get u in the top 10. I dont see it. Not enough of a sample size. Theres just as much chance he struggles when game planned against, as for him to play all year like he did the last 3 games. U have to expect there to be ups and downs with him. I think somthing in the 15 to 20 range is more realistic for LSU.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why it says the way too early rankings lol. And VT is ranked high imo, but they do return 10 starters on offense and 7 on defense. Hopefully Dillard and Luckett will be back at wideout along with Ryan Williams and Kenny Lewis to compliment Evans at tailback. It is definitely no cakewalk in the ACC with Miami, GT, FSU, UNC and NC State in hot pursuit. Yes, NC State.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ur lsoing RJF, Tyson Jackson which are your 2 best DL.

Ur losing Bryd at WR, Johnson on ur OL.

Those are some big blows.

Jefferson wuld have to really blow up to get u in the top 10. I dont see it. Not enough of a sample size. Theres just as much chance he struggles when game planned against, as for him to play all year like he did the last 3 games. U have to expect there to be ups and downs with him. I think somthing in the 15 to 20 range is more realistic for LSU.
RJF did absolutely nothing all season. Not a big loss at all. Would love for him to come back and actually develop into a pass rush threat. Our best Dlineman was Rahim Alem by the way.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I think it's gonna be between Ole Miss and Florida for the SEC championship next year. I love me some Houston Nutt. Early BCS conference predictions:

SEC: Ole Miss
ACC: Georgia Tech
PAC 10: Southern Cal
BIG 12: Texas
BIG 10: Ohio St.
BIG EAST: Cincinnati (this was the toughest one to pick)

Also...
CUSA: Rice
MAC: Ball St.
WAC: Boise St.
MWC: Utah
SUN BELT: Florida Atlantic

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Here's rivals early top 25

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=898567

Old 01-09-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Jean-Francois and Tyson Jackson were pretty bad this year. The D-line in general was underwhelming this year considering it was supposed to be the anchor of the defense until the secondary got it's legs (which also never happened)

We've got depth on the D-line though and have more coming in this year..Drake Nevis outplayed Ricky all year at DT, and Rahim Alem was better than TJ truth be told. Jackson's been pretty overhyped since he had that great first year..he hasn't done much since. I don't think the fallout is going to be that bad there.

Losing Beckwith is going to hurt the most on defense tbh because we have little linebacker depth.

I'm not a big fan of Demetrius Byrd either. He didn't do much this year except complain and bicker with the coaching staff.

Top 10 is probably a little high. I'd say 15 would be better just because of the year we had.

Last edited by TigerBait45 : 01-09-2009 at 04:11 PM.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Ole miss is my darkhorse for the SEC title next season. This also makes me want to throw up saying that.

Where's Mississippi State????? Oh yea thats right, we suck
yeah, Arkansas was smart to fire Houston Nutt.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Jean-Francois and Tyson Jackson were pretty bad this year.

We've got depth on the D-line..Drake Nevis outplayed Ricky all year at DT, and Rahim Alem was better than TJ truth be told. Jackson's been pretty overhyped since he had that great first year..he hasn't done much since.

Losing Beckwith is going to hurt the most on defense tbh because we have little linebacker depth.

I'm not a big fan of Demetrius Byrd either. He didn't do much this year except complain and bicker with the coaching staff.
Can't wait to see Ryan Baker take Beckwith's place. He was a beast on special teams all last year and looks to have plenty of speed to burn!

Who Dat Nation!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Baker looks more like an OLB to me. tbh he kind of looks like a safety out there.

He's fast as hell though. I think Cutrera could be the Mike next year.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boise starting at 8....wow.

If that holds up, they run the table, and all the teams ahead of them suffer one loss.....do you think they have a legit Championship game shot?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Baker looks more like an OLB to me. tbh he kind of looks like a safety out there.

He's fast as hell though. I think Cutrera could be the Mike next year.
Totally forgot about Cutrera.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Boise starting at 8....wow.

If that holds up, they run the table, and all the teams ahead of them suffer one loss.....do you think they have a legit Championship game shot?
In a perfect world? Yes. In this BCS political system joke that we currently have? Probably not. I'd love to see a team like them win it all though just to shut some people up.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll have a really tough schedule next year, so even if we get better we might not have the best record. ACC is going the be loaded with 10 really solid teams. And we picked up BYU and USF OOC.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Both Colin Cowherd and Kirk Herbstreit had Ole Miss in their top five today.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might get up there by the end of the season, but I'm pretty surprised that they have the Buckeyes at 6. There isn't a lot of concrete evidence that'd point towards us being that high.