Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy the way this season is going.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season has gotten exponentially better the past three weeks.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there was a huge lack of Jack killing people...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but who could have seen Jack being one of the people that were going to be offed. Still don't believe it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this season has been amazing. I just found out this season will be released on blu-ray on May 19th but on IMDB it says season 7 finale will be May 25th, so the blu-ray will come out before the season ends?
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another bio-threat? They even brought back that one doctor from season three. Regardless of the recycled sub-plot, this season has gotten much better since the White House attack. The best thing this year has been the villains. Dubaku, Juma, Jonas Hodges....all of them are excellent.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way in hell is Jack gonna die, I won't believe it.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that could kill Jack Bauer is Jack Bauer. This storyline is assonine

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind folks that the final 8 episodes (beginning this week I believe) were re-written after producers were unhappy with the ending of the season.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I want to know when the hell Little Miss Walker is going to get it on with JB.

Time for some sympathy love-making?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a lot of people I know who want Jack to get the boot, but not a single one of them wants him to die like this. There is going to be a way he is saved from the virus, there better be at least. Also, I don't get why people are attracted to Renee. A) She's a ginger. B) She's got a huge forehead that distorts the rest of her face and make it look unnatural. C) She doesn't have a lot of gear in the trunk from what I've seen. Audrey was ten times more attractive than Renee, though Renee's personality is much cooler.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Audrey was ten times more attractive than Renee

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
There are a lot of people I know who want Jack to get the boot, but not a single one of them wants him to die like this. There is going to be a way he is saved from the virus, there better be at least. Also, I don't get why people are attracted to Renee. A) She's a ginger. B) She's got a huge forehead that distorts the rest of her face and make it look unnatural. C) She doesn't have a lot of gear in the trunk from what I've seen. Audrey was ten times more attractive than Renee, though Renee's personality is much cooler.
It's actually rather poetic if he does die from it, although he won't. He went against his utilitarian rule of saving the most amount of people regardless of individual deaths by saving the port authority dude.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Scientist McKnowitall
Rookie

Scientist McKnowitall hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Scientist McKnowitall hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it's fairly obvious how the rest of the season is going to play out. Jack is going to fly back to Sangala, kill the rest of Juma's troops and then find the host monkey that the disease started in and create an antidote.
If the monkey storyline doesn't play out then it will just be Jack infecting the virus not the virus infecting Jack.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elisha cometh!

**** yeah

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
mittelstaedt2007
Rookie

mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm willing to bet that the treatment they were discussing fails, and the final seconds of the season tick by silently as Jack slowly passes on.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittelstaedt2007 View Post
I'm willing to bet that the treatment they were discussing fails, and the final seconds of the season tick by silently as Jack slowly passes on.
Since there will be a Season 8, I'm willing to bet that you're completely wrong.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-06-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Since there will be a Season 8, I'm willing to bet that you're completely wrong.
It will be based on Tony.........and Agent Walker..........?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It will be based on Tony.........and Agent Walker..........?
I think Kiefer Sutherland explicitly signed on.

And that would be ************* lame. The show would be totally worthless. This treatment will work. They wouldn't have introduced the storyline otherwise.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-06-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no 24 without Jack. While I like this Starkwood angle, the whole Jack is getting worse scenario is moronic. WE ALL KNOW JACK DOESN"T DIE! Knock it off dammit

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
mittelstaedt2007
Rookie

mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.

I realize he's already signed on for an 8th season, but Sutherland himself has already come out and said that if the writers/producers saw it for the benefit of the show to kill him off (I see no benefit to it personally), that he'd be willing to accept it.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still don't see him getting killed off. Renee contacts Kim, she comes back into his life, saves her father, bam bring on seasons 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The writers played that whole angle wrong with Jack getting sick. I'm not a big fan having Jack get infecting in the first place, but this whole thing with him getting healed by an experimental process that likely won't work and would take likely a whole lot more time to do then what is remaining in the show is just stupid and kind of moronic. Hell, instead of saying there was no known cure, the doctor lady should have said there is one treatment, but it's a procedure that involves a family member donating their spinal stem cells, or something like that.

And you can't say why would Starkwood develop a biological weapon that has a cure because this treatment would not be widely available, expensive, take a long time, and involve having an exact match. Plus, Starkwood supposedly likes America but not the government, so they didn't want a weapon too deadly.

Now, since they didn't do that, Jack either gets cured of he dies. Most likely Jack gets cured, but one angle I thought of is that Jack does die and we witness the end of the almighty Jack Bauer. However, bare with me, season 8 takes place........ in the past! I don't know when in the past though. Most seasons have a 1-3 year difference between them, so you could put a story line there. Or what I like, it turns out Jack and Jon Voight actually have a history together, and season 8 takes place before season 1. Or hell, if you recall season 1, they talk about the operation Jack was a part of in the past that got him in the whole mess to begin with. That might be fun. And then after the movie, they can keep use Renee and other characters to keep the show on for another year or two.

I don't know, it's just a thought.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:11 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
The writers played that whole angle wrong with Jack getting sick. I'm not a big fan having Jack get infecting in the first place, but this whole thing with him getting healed by an experimental process that likely won't work and would take likely a whole lot more time to do then what is remaining in the show is just stupid and kind of moronic. Hell, instead of saying there was no known cure, the doctor lady should have said there is one treatment, but it's a procedure that involves a family member donating their spinal stem cells, or something like that.

And you can't say why would Starkwood develop a biological weapon that has a cure because this treatment would not be widely available, expensive, take a long time, and involve having an exact match. Plus, Starkwood supposedly likes America but not the government, so they didn't want a weapon too deadly.

Now, since they didn't do that, Jack either gets cured of he dies. Most likely Jack gets cured, but one angle I thought of is that Jack does die and we witness the end of the almighty Jack Bauer. However, bare with me, season 8 takes place........ in the past! I don't know when in the past though. Most seasons have a 1-3 year difference between them, so you could put a story line there. Or what I like, it turns out Jack and Jon Voight actually have a history together, and season 8 takes place before season 1. Or hell, if you recall season 1, they talk about the operation Jack was a part of in the past that got him in the whole mess to begin with. That might be fun. And then after the movie, they can keep use Renee and other characters to keep the show on for another year or two.

I don't know, it's just a thought.
Ya know, that actually makes sense.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
mittelstaedt2007
Rookie

Anyone see that coming?