Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Last I checked, Jack Bauer was still on 24.

psshh
Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I was just thinking about that dude, haha.

I was gonna start a "Who do you wish they'd bring back" topic . . .

Bring back Kim! And her cougar!
I don't wish Chase back... however, I do wish Kim and her nice tiny shirt which really showed off her boobs from season 1 returned.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't wish Chase back... however, I do wish Kim and her nice tiny shirt which really showed off her boobs from season 1 returned.
I was also a fan of her attire when she was shacked up with the crazy dude in his fallout shelter in Season 2.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was also a fan of her attire when she was shacked up with the crazy dude in his fallout shelter in Season 2.
Yes, very much, with the nipples pointing out, IIRC.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0193846/

IMDb says Kim Bauer is back this season.

Mistake? Or our dreams come true?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:

Well, she might return, but if she does, it won't be until hour 20 or so. However, the wait is worth it.

Another thing I hope they do, which they probably won't judging by the previews, is start the day at midnight again, or at least in the middle of the night.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Nah, this season starts at 8 am per usual.

But I agree, that is something I'd have liked too.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

They said it was unrealistic having Jack Bauer staying up for pretty much 40 hours in a row so that's why made the days begin at 8 am... but we all know sleep is optional for Jack Bauer.

Also, it's not the unrealistic to stay up for that long of a time when you load up on caffeine and you're family's life is on the line.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
They said it was unrealistic having Jack Bauer staying up for pretty much 40 hours in a row so that's why made the days begin at 8 am... but we all know sleep is optional for Jack Bauer.

Also, it's not the unrealistic to stay up for that long of a time when you load up on caffeine and you're family's life is on the line.
They could easily sidestep that by having Jack comment to someone in the first episode that he just took a nap in his car or something, haha.

Seriously, people realize the 24 hour premise is gonna be unrealistic from the start. Just make it interesting and stop worrying about logistics.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

By dreams you mean nightmares right?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I guess it depends on what you want from the show.

As much as I wanna see a great season, I also wanna see Kim, stupidity and all.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh come on, you know the equation:

As the hotness of a woman on TV or in a movie increases, the necessity of good acting skills decreases.

V = h/a

where V is value of appearance, h is hotness, and a is acting skills. The equation is only valid when h(actress) > h(your average chick), else the equation gets real screwy.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Last edited by The Unseen : 01-11-2009 at 01:34 PM.
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:

As the hotness of a woman on TV or in a movie increases, the necessity of good acting skills decreases.

V = h/a

where V is value of appearance, h is hotness, and a is acting skills.
I think I remember learning that in Stats 225 last year.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

V = h/a

where V is value of appearance, h is hotness, and a is acting skills. The equation is only valid when h(actress) > h(your average chick), else the equation gets real screwy.
Well I'm currently re-watching Season 2, and well, I'll take the loss of hotness if it means no Kim.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-11-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Well I'm currently re-watching Season 2, and well, I'll take the loss of hotness if it means no Kim.
I doubt very much she'd be used in a capacity similar to Season 2.

She was still a stupid kid in that season.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least now we know why Tony didn't get a silent countdown when he "died." I always knew something was fishy about that, I didn't believe it wasn't some omission.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
At least now we know why Tony didn't get a silent countdown when he "died." I always knew something was fishy about that, I didn't believe it wasn't some omission.
Perhaps. I'm not convinced they were planning to bring back Tony for sure at that point.

I think he's back because Season 6 sucked so royally.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Jack Bauer
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I hope this season doesn't end up being about a terrorist group from another country. We've had Russians, Arabs, Chinese, Mexicans, etc.

How about a truly domestic terrorist threat?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope this season doesn't end up being about a terrorist group from another country. We've had Russians, Arabs, Chinese, Mexicans, etc.

Mormon Polygamists?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

You forgot Serbs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-11-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this needs to be epic so I my name can be taken off the suicide and homicide watch list...or at least one of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The show has no doubt been on the decline but I'll be willing to give this season a chance. Can't wait to see Rhys Coiro

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And this season in a fake African nation! Can someone say "genocide"?

I'd have to say Serbs counts as Russians, Brodeur

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I'd have to say Serbs counts as Russians, Brodeur
Then why doesn't Darko play for Team Russia?

RIP TheManInBlack