Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-19-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bauer Hour is fast approaching . . .

And better yet, House is on too tonight!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't feel like going back to where I left off in this thread (before last week's monday episode), but is anyone extremely disappointed with this season? It's the same crap again. I'll still watch it cause Jack Bauer is awesome, but I'm bummed out with how much it sucks.

They should bring back Michelle Dessler:

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not disappointed yet, Smokey.

It's already way better than Season 6. Nothing about that season was worthy of my time.

I do think this show needs more hot chicks though.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm not disappointed yet, Smokey.

It's already way better than Season 6. Nothing about that season was worthy of my time.
I think watching my dog taking a **** in the backyard was better then watching season 6. But that doesn't change the fact that season 7 isn't so far pretty bad. So far the day rankings go, IMO:

Day 1* >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Day 3 > Day 2 > Day 4 >>>> Day 5 and Day 7 >>>>>> Day 6

*Day 1 of 24 was the greatest season of a television show ever created.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Day One was undeniably the best.

I liked Season 5 more than some of the earlier seasons. I don't remember seasons 2-4 all that well though. It's been a while.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I think watching my dog taking a **** in the backyard was better then watching season 6. But that doesn't change the fact that season 7 isn't so far pretty bad. So far the day rankings go, IMO:

Day 1* >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Day 3 > Day 2 > Day 4 >>>> Day 5 and Day 7 >>>>>> Day 6

*Day 1 of 24 was the greatest season of a television show ever created.
Thats the problem, every season afterwards is always compared to Season 1 and therefore is always lacking.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

The problem with 24 is that the formula is stale. The writers haven't realized yet that Jack Bauer doing anything is interesting and spellbinding.

They need to break from the governmental conspiracy, attacks on the U.S. plots if they can't find a new angle to take.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need Jack as the President, now that would be good tv :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
They need Jack as the President, now that would be good tv :D
They need David Palmer back.

The show hasn't been the same since. Though I did like Charles Logan when he was president. At least he was somewhat believable in the role.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats the problem, every season afterwards is always compared to Season 1 and therefore is always lacking.
The main problem with Season 1 is Dennis Hooper and how unbelievably awful he was, so it isn't that high of a bench mark.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The main problem with Season 1 is Dennis Hooper and how unbelievably awful he was, so it isn't that high of a bench mark.
I think you overstated that.

My only qualm with Season 1 was the stupid Teri Bauer getting temporary amnesia thing.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Let's face it, we need a season that ultimately leads to Jack's total world domination.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-19-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Who thinks Tony survives this season?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Who thinks Tony survives this season?
I don't think he survives 3 more episodes

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-19-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I don't think he survives 3 more episodes
I don't think they would have brought Almeida out of apparent death for 7 episodes of a season, two years after he exited the show.

Tony is a fan favorite. That's why he's back now.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't think they would have brought Almeida out of apparent death for 7 episodes of a season, two years after he exited the show.

Tony is a fan favorite. That's why he's back now.
Not a big fan of his, frankly I hope Jack has to kill him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-19-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I already expect that plot point to arise.

But we'd all be saying it's just like what happened with Curtis.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Bauer Hour is fast approaching . . .

And better yet, House is on too tonight!
total epic win by FOX. They are the gods of television tonight.

And what the poopstick do you mean, Smokey Joe? I'm likin' the season so far. Season 6's start was also good as I recall - the problem was that he completely blew chunks the rest of the way.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Silent Clock?

Hmm . . .
Old 01-19-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what

the

THEY KILLED MY LOVE

I mean, Buck's love.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a big fan of his? YOU ARENT ALLOWED IN HERE.

RIP TheManInBlack
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
what

the

THEY KILLED MY LOVE

I mean, Buck's love.
not so fast...she's not dead

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

She ain't dead.

But this season is headed downhill. Once they started getting caught up in the personal problems off all the FBI people the show started to suffer.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Well, I gotta admit, the season is getting better now, even though it was because they "killed" Agent Walker.

*sigh*

Jack's such a raving mad utilitarian loyalist.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
She ain't dead.

But this season is headed downhill. Once they started getting caught up in the personal problems off all the FBI people the show started to suffer.
Good thing they never did the personal thing with CTU people....................

RIP TheManInBlack