Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2015, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Zyzzz
Rookie

Zyzzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default How is arm length measured at the combine?

Im just curious because I see all these Linemen and receivers with 35 inch arms and I'm 6'1 and I measure myself with 29 inch arms.(well 29.5 inch)

I measured from armpit to fingertip, like how they do in boxing HBO.
Basically I stuck my arm across a table with my armpit just barely touching the end of the table and then marked where my fingertip was and measured from there.

I never felt like I had short arms, and basically everyone has atleast 30 inch arms(excluding the short players).

Am I measuring wrong? Do they measure differently in the combine? If possible can you send me a video or some pictures of how they measure it.
Zyzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:38 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"procedure: The subject stands with the arms hanging loosely by the side of the body, fingers outstretched. A measurement is made from the acromiale (lateral edge of the acromion process, e.g. bony tip of shoulder) to the tip of the little finger. Measurement is made on the right side, following the anthropometric standard, though a measurement of either side would be assumed to be the same in most cases."