Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Dethklok & Mastodon tonight! Can't effing wait.
I talked to Mastadon and almost sold them a computer, too bad it was during the Vista/7 transition and we had no computers :(

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Between The Buried And Me, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project and Scale The Summit. House of Blues. NOLA. January 10.

This show has EPIC written across it.

It makes me so sad that this will not come anywhere close to KCMO.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTBAM is coming to Jacksonville with Veil of Maya and Animals and Leaders in a month...considering going

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
BTBAM is coming to Jacksonville with Veil of Maya and Animals and Leaders in a month...considering going
Animals as Leaders are pretty damn good. I'd go to that show. Tix will probably be cheap as hell.

I just listened to the band Vader. I have to say, I am blown away.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Same here, they'll be in Iowa City on November 10th, I'm probably going to go. I just went to Oceano last week, and they put on one hell of a show, definitely one of my favorites.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new Brand New album is really good, by the way. It is out of left field album for sure, I got grunge/hardcore/indie vibes intermixed.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The new Brand New album is really good, by the way. It is out of left field album for sure, I got grunge/hardcore/indie vibes intermixed.
Heathen! We only discuss \m/ metalzzzzz \m/ in here. Don't let the "Rock/" fool you. Some dumbass put that in the title...

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-04-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Touche, let's talk about the glorious-ness that is Cynic's Traced in Air. It is the best album to come out in a long time in my opinion. The best part is it is short and sweet, eight songs, forty minutes, gets to the point and finishes before it gets stale.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-04-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Mastodon, Dethklok, Converge, and High on Fire tonight.

woo

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-07-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Am I the only Nevermore fan here? I hear there will be a new album from them next year.

Warrel Dane and Jeff Loomis FTW

Old 11-07-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Bloodbath fans?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Mikael Akerfeldt is GOD!

Old 11-08-2009, 04:50 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mikael Akerfeldt is GOD!
you are correct, sir! I've seen Opeth twice now and the guy is just awesome. really funny too
Old 11-08-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Mikael Akerfeldt is GOD!
Yes he is. Probably my favorite single musician.

Anyways, about the show:

AWESOMMMMMEEE. Lemme break it down:

High on Fire was good. Matt Pike is a badass.

Converge was kinda fun live. They're still not really my style, but I enjoyed their show, actually. And yay random hardcore moshers.

Mastodon was EPIC as usual. They played through the entirety of Crack the Skye, then played a few singles from earlier albums, and then ended with what I believe was a cover of The Bit by The Melvins. It was the first time I had heard it, and it was really good. And I got one of Bill Kelliher's picks! He threw them into the crowd near me and I didn't catch it, but after their set I saw it on the floor. <3

Dethklok was good. I'm not sure how much I like them, but they put on a good show.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-11-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

I just went and watched Animals as Leaders ( It's the guitarist from Born of Osiris instrumental project ), Veil of Maya and Between the Buried and Me.

I LOVED Animals as Leaders, it was amazing! I LOVED Veil of Maya, It's not Safe to Swim Today is such a great live song, and the new song they played was INTENSE. Between the Buried and Me was good, it was boring live though. I didn't know the music and I couldn't get into it. It was really technical and really no breakdowns at all, which to me is a litle boring.

I had a great time though.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Minsk > Baroness
False. Especially old Baroness.

Bands everyone should listen to: Propagandhi, Trap Them, Pig Destroyer, Boris, Converge, the Melvins, Korpiklaani, Skeletonwitch, Ahab
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I just went and watched Animals as Leaders ( It's the guitarist from Born of Osiris instrumental project ), Veil of Maya and Between the Buried and Me.

I LOVED Animals as Leaders, it was amazing! I LOVED Veil of Maya, It's not Safe to Swim Today is such a great live song, and the new song they played was INTENSE. Between the Buried and Me was good, it was boring live though. I didn't know the music and I couldn't get into it. It was really technical and really no breakdowns at all, which to me is a litle boring.

I had a great time though.
I saw Marilyn Manson recently and was horribly disappointed, I'm a huge fan of him, but his live performance was exceptionally pathetic.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:21 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I saw Marilyn Manson recently and was horribly disappointed, I'm a huge fan of him, but his live performance was exceptionally pathetic.
I have to agree. I saw him this summer and literally fell asleep. Granted he was the last act of an 8 hour metal concert and I had just gotten out of the Slayer pit, but I was really unimpressed.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trivium & chimaira tonight
Old 11-13-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Boo to trivium, chimaira is alright tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I liked both bands in the past. Not so much anymore.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-13-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

I <3 Trivium, i actually enjoy their newer stuff more than their older.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I <3 Trivium, i actually enjoy their newer stuff more than their older.
Their live show is awesome, you won't be disappointed.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Their live show is awesome, you won't be disappointed.
Theyve actually been playing around here a lot lately, this is the 3rd time in about 5 months. I caught one of their shows in the summer and I agree theyre awesome live. My friend is trying to back out of going but im not letting that happen.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The August Burns Red Christmas song is really good. It's instrumental and located on their myspace for anyone that wants to check it out.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter