Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-21-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just found these dues. It's pretty good.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is really damn good. If you like Opeth or Amorphis or even YES I'd check them out

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really miss when these guys kicked a$$

Old 07-14-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These guys broke up far too soon...

Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip H. Anselmo and the goddamn Illegals, son!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-18-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I just read that Flaw have reunited and are rehearsing new material. This band helped me through some really crappy times.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devin Townsend isnt quite metal, but I'm a huge fan of his work including SYL. He just posted a preview from The Retinal Circus which I am looking forward to.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Devin Townsend isnt quite metal
In my opinion, as an entity, there are few things in this world more metal than Devin Townsend.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
In my opinion, as an entity, there are few things in this world more metal than Devin Townsend.
Well I agree with you personally. But in the past when I posted his stuff in this thread, I got a lot of slack for it not being "metal" enough.

Im such a huge fan of his work overall. But I am really looking to Ziltoid part 2 that he is working on.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:26 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Ziltoid was ******* awesome. I still can't get over his last album, Epicloud. That was one of the finest albums I've yet to hear.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-19-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-20-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
They kill this song in the "By a Thread" DVD. Well, actually they kill every song on that DVD. lol

Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I agree with you personally. But in the past when I posted his stuff in this thread, I got a lot of slack for it not being "metal" enough.

Im such a huge fan of his work overall. But I am really looking to Ziltoid part 2 that he is working on.
That's because metalcore fans are the biggest metal snobs on the damn planet. Well, them and death purists.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Mmmmmmmm........... proggy

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-22-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
That's because metalcore fans are the biggest metal snobs on the damn planet. Well, them and death purists.
I grew up a Hardcore/Metalcore kid. I saw Snapcase and Earth Crisis in 1993.

I am NOT a "metalhead" but I still know greatness and Devin Townsend is metal as phuque.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Devin Townsend isnt quite metal, but I'm a huge fan of his work including SYL. He just posted a preview from The Retinal Circus which I am looking forward to.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Metallica's "Master of Puppets" and "Ride The Lightening" got me into metal and I was huge into nu-metal when I was in HS (Korn, Deftones, Limp Bizkit, etc). Since my metal listening has expanded by leaps and bounds but never have I ever scoffed at what Devin Townsend has done.

He's one of the most influential musicians in metal and one of the most complex song-writers. He's one of my personal favorites along with Mikael Akerfeldt.

And "metalcore" kids are the bottom rung of the metal heirarchy. Probably the least informed sub-genre of metal fans there is, at least in my experience.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-24-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
And "metalcore" kids are the bottom rung of the metal heirarchy. Probably the least informed sub-genre of metal fans there is, at least in my experience.
Perhaps, the new generation / "Hot-Topic core" kids.

When I was 16-25, the "metalcore" scene was still quite militant and very underground.

In my opinion, Eighteen Visions' "Vanity" album (2002) was the beginning of the end for the purity of the genre.

Last edited by phlysac : 07-24-2013 at 07:50 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

My "metalcore" roots...

Last edited by phlysac : 07-24-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Perhaps, the new generation / "Hot-Topic core" kids.

When I was 16-25, the "metalcore" scene was still quite militant and very underground.

In my opinion, Eighteen Visions' "Vanity" album (2002) was the beginning of the end for the purity of the genre.
Funny you say that because I really enjoyed Vanity.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-25-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Few things closer to perfection than Zack + Maynard...

Two of the best live bands on the planet. So blessed to have seen them both at AMAZING shows...

Tool/Meshuggah

RATM/Wu-Tang
Old 07-25-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I could use something new from Zack...

Last edited by phlysac : 07-25-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The new Last Chance To Reason? SQUWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-27-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This is DAMN good. If you like doom, post-rock, atmosphere, and even a little sludge.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter