Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoldin View Post
How did you get 1200 posts in a matter of a few weeks?
he is the biggest post ***** known to man

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So:

Chargers/Steelers turned on a couple of plays that I've seen a lot of people call flukes, but really they weren't:

A PR TD is earned, every time. The coverage team just wasn't running fast.

The ball bouncing off Weddle's head on a punt; believe it or not, there is blame to be assigned here. It was a short kick, but no one called it out. No one looked for the ball. Additionally, Weddle was hanging out right next to the punt returner but decided not to look up. It's a bad play, and certainly an unlucky play, but I don't think you can call it a fluke since it could have been prevented.

Jammer leaving in the second half really hurt us; Cletis Gordon got absolutely roasted on at least 3 or 4 third and longs and picked up a costly penalty too.

Chargers need Merriman back so badly. The pass rush is abysmal.

Rivers is God.

I don't think we would have established a running game even with LT so it's tough to be mad at him. I hate hearing all these rumors, he needs to stay.

I am officially a coinflip between wanting BJ Raji and Oher. and I don't think Oher falls to 16.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

Cash in the worn out tires of LT and get yourself help on the OL and DL.
Any college RB coming in round 2, 3 or 4 will have fresher legs than LT. They'll hit the holes harder.

Use that money (LT) to re-sign Sproles. Too bad Turner isn't still there. He teamed up with a rookie QB, nowhere near the league that Rivers is, and took that team from crap to the playoffs.

Oh well, at least the fans didn't riot.
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby View Post
Cash in the worn out tires of LT and get yourself help on the OL and DL.
Any college RB coming in round 2, 3 or 4 will have fresher legs than LT. They'll hit the holes harder.

Use that money (LT) to re-sign Sproles. Too bad Turner isn't still there. He teamed up with a rookie QB, nowhere near the league that Rivers is, and took that team from crap to the playoffs.

Oh well, at least the fans didn't riot.
Not gonna happen. This offseason Goff will retire and Clary will get benched, so hopefully without a right side of the O-line that isn't god awful LT will prove that absolutely no one seems to understand what a leg injury means to a running back, something he dealt with all year.

It'd be cool if one of the tackles fell, an OT combo of McNeill/Oher would be devastating.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
So:

Chargers/Steelers turned on a couple of plays that I've seen a lot of people call flukes, but really they weren't:

A PR TD is earned, every time. The coverage team just wasn't running fast.

Actually, that was on Scifres. He's a great great punter, but When you have a guy who can make a big play you don't severely outkick your coverage. Thats why Daniel Sepulveda's #'s were terrible last year and we lost to Jax. Our Punt Coverage was in the bottom of the league. This year they were #1 or #2. And Not out punting your coverage by an ungodly amount makes a difference.

The ball bouncing off Weddle's head on a punt; believe it or not, there is blame to be assigned here. It was a short kick, but no one called it out. No one looked for the ball. Additionally, Weddle was hanging out right next to the punt returner but decided not to look up. It's a bad play, and certainly an unlucky play, but I don't think you can call it a fluke since it could have been prevented.

I wouldn't call it a fluke, but I wouldn't say it's preventable. Weddle was locked up pretty heavily with his assignment. He was still 10 or so yards from Sproles. Heinz isn't necessarily built for loudness, but that stadium was rocking. I'm not surprised he couldn't hear a guy yelling 10+ Yards away. I'd still put that on Sproles, because watching that ball land on Weddle, He was still closer than William *** but he almost made 0 attempt at that ball.

Jammer leaving in the second half really hurt us; Cletis Gordon got absolutely roasted on at least 3 or 4 third and longs and picked up a costly penalty too.

Gordon was terrible. Too slow, too unathletic, too stiff, making stupid penalties. (Why in a game do you attack someone out of bounds? If you lose your cool like that in crunch time you shouldn't be playing).

Chargers need Merriman back so badly. The pass rush is abysmal.

Agreed. That first game the Chargers were beating the interior with Stunts. They had a poorly thought out game plan. Why Rivera wasn't attacking the OL with blitzes more often was mind boggling. The OL has shown deficiencies when being blitzed and stunted. They almost brought 4 guys every time.

Rivers is God.

Rivers is great, and I think he should've been MVP, that said, He made some great throws, but he also made some terrible ones.

I don't think we would have established a running game even with LT so it's tough to be mad at him. I hate hearing all these rumors, he needs to stay.

I am officially a coinflip between wanting BJ Raji and Oher. and I don't think Oher falls to 16.

You guys need someone like Duke Robinson (RG), Antoine Caldwell (C), Ron Brace (NT) and an OLB with some speed on the weakside.. Thats what it honestly looked like you were missing.

10 chars........

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote