Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-25-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

Rape is imminent.
While we are on the topic-

Absolute monster.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

Rape is imminent.
Not if Darryl Armtackleton has his way.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gosh, and you guys think I kiss Darren Evans' ass. The people on our Rivals site think he's the second coming.

I said Ryan Williams and David Wilson have more upside and got lambasted for it.

Maybe it is because his dads posts and expects people to kiss his ass for having a son.

I've heard people on there compare him to Jim Brown. Haha.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Gosh, and you guys think I kiss Darren Evans' ass. The people on our Rivals site think he's the second coming.

I said Ryan Williams and David Wilson have more upside and got lambasted for it.

Maybe it is because his dads posts and expects people to kiss his ass for having a son.

I've heard people on there compare him to Jim Brown. Haha.
You know where I stand on this....I'll leave it at that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You know where I stand on this....I'll leave it at that.
I disagree with you, but more so with our fans.

They really think he is amazing. I think he is a very good back, but nothing special. Not overly physically gifted. Decent straight line speed, great endurance, and power. But he isn't quick, has average hands, and isn't very fast.

I guess they don't know the meaning of 'upside', or 'potential'. To say Ryan Williams, one of the quickest backs in the country at like 210, and David Wilson, one of the most explosive backs in the country this season at almost 200, don't have more upside is asinine.

Really, the potential for the other two is endless. Evans has his limits.

I'm so excited for the other two.

Players last season said RW was the quickest back they saw all year, and his nickname was Barry Sanders. I think he compares to Bryan Westbrook.

David Wilson has amazing speed and acceleration, and is very tough to boot. Runs like Portis (NFL version) or McFadden. Makes one cut and gos, and runs hard. Not to mention he lead the country in the triple jump this season at over 50 feet and has a legit shot at the olympics.

I think Evans is good, but he doesn't have near the upside of the other two. I'm happy that all three are on the team, though. All three are great young men according to reports.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I disagree with you, but more so with our fans.

They really think he is amazing. I think he is a very good back, but nothing special. Not overly physically gifted. Decent straight line speed, great endurance, and power. But he isn't quick, has average hands, and isn't very fast.

I guess they don't know the meaning of 'upside', or 'potential'. To say Ryan Williams, one of the quickest backs in the country at like 210, and David Wilson, one of the most explosive backs in the country this season at almost 200, don't have more upside is asinine.

Really, the potential for the other two is endless. Evans has his limits.

I'm so excited for the other two.

Players last season said RW was the quickest back they saw all year, and his nickname was Barry Sanders. I think he compares to Bryan Westbrook.

David Wilson has amazing speed and acceleration, and is very tough to boot. Runs like Portis (NFL version) or McFadden. Makes one cut and gos, and runs hard. Not to mention he lead the country in the triple jump this season at over 50 feet and has a legit shot at the olympics.

I think Evans is good, but he doesn't have near the upside of the other two. I'm happy that all three are on the team, though. All three are great young men according to reports.
I agree with this post, aside from the "very good back" part for Evans. He's a decent inside runner, but nothing special. Replace him with Javarris James, Andre Brown, James Davis, Cedric Peerman, etc. and VT's running game is much more potent. I'm quite confident that Evans won't be the best back on his team by the time he graduates. I mean unless VT's backs are all mediocre, which is unlikely.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I think he's in the same tier as that group you listed. Not great, but good enough to be a starting RB.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I agree with this post, aside from the "very good back" part for Evans. He's a decent inside runner, but nothing special. Replace him with Javarris James, Andre Brown, James Davis, Cedric Peerman, etc. and VT's running game is much more potent. I'm quite confident that Evans won't be the best back on his team by the time he graduates. I mean unless VT's backs are all mediocre, which is unlikely.
I'm pretty confident that Evans won't be our best back by the end of this upcoming season.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
I'm pretty confident that Evans won't be our best back by the end of this upcoming season.
RW is going to be a machine.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
impy007531

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I guess we'll get this one started too.

I think this is the year Duke finally gets bowl eligible
Get the hell outta here they wont be bowl eligible for the next 2-3 years.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any BC fans in the house? I'll be a freshman there next year...We're going to rape everybody in the ACC.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Korn going to start at Clemson?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:16 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please be good this year Miami. Even as a Florida fan, I think that college football is so much more interesting when you guys are relevant...
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
WarrickNole
Rookie

WarrickNole hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

obviously FSU wins the conf this year! a 10-2 season is likely...a bcs bowl berth and a acc title will push us into the 2010 season when we make our run for the bcs national title!
Old 04-04-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Any BC fans in the house? I'll be a freshman there next year...We're going to rape everybody in the ACC.
No.

Boston College has no quarterback, and Virginia Tech. wouldn't lose to them in the ACC title game.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No.

Boston College has no quarterback, and Virginia Tech. wouldn't lose to them in the ACC title game.
You could've said the same thing about BC before this year with Matt Ryan gone. They did fine.

My bigger concern with that team is the loss of both offensive minds and the 2 big DTs. I'm unsure of the direction of that team and therefore it's difficult to make an early judgment.

I love how all the VT fans are falling for the early hype train. Just like Clemson last year. Meanwhile, Miami is quietly enjoying an impressive (and healthy) spring....

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-05-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You could've said the same thing about BC before this year with Matt Ryan gone. They did fine.

My bigger concern with that team is the loss of both offensive minds and the 2 big DTs. I'm unsure of the direction of that team and therefore it's difficult to make an early judgment.

I love how all the VT fans are falling for the early hype train. Just like Clemson last year. Meanwhile, Miami is quietly enjoying an impressive (and healthy) spring....
Did you really just compare Clemson with Virginia Tech.?

Clemson has always disappointed when highly ranked in the preseason, and are the softest team in the ACC by far. They rely/relied on pure athleticism and gave up when punched in the mouth. Just like always.

Virginia Tech. returns just about everybody on offense, and the defense is sure to be top 10 with Bud Foster at the helm. We are the antithesis of Clemson, well coached and tough. Although we're also athletic.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Is Korn going to start at Clemson?
Probably, but it's an open competition for spring
Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
As much as I would like that to happen, I don't think it will. The defense should still be solid, assuming they can at least try and replace Raji and Brace (no easy task), the OL will be solid as always, QB is a huge question mark, but the loss of Raji and Brace will bring the defense down some, even if the defense is still good.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That doesn't change the fact that BC can't beat VT when it matters. VT doesn't fall for the early hype train, they ride it to ACC championships.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

What the hell is healthy about us? Colin McCarthy, Eric Moncur, Travis Benjamin, Joel Figeroa, Javarris James, Lee Chambers, Dedrick Epps, Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo and Brandon McGee all out with injuries. What on earth is healthy about that?

That's 3/4 of our starting DL out. 1/3 of our starting LBs out. Our starting TE out. Both our primary backup runningbacks out. A starting OL out and a starting WR out.

There is nothing healthy about us right now.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
That doesn't change the fact that BC can't beat VT when it matters. VT doesn't fall for the early hype train, they ride it to ACC championships.
Please, anyone that watched the ACC last year knows how flawed your team is and how lucky you were to even be in the ACCGC last year.

The hype this year is coming from you winning it last year. But the people that really followed it (except for homer VT fans) don't buy that crap.

The only reason you guys even got in the game was because our 25 freshman finally hit a wall against GT and sucked the last few games or you wouldn't have even been in the game at all.

You backed your way in.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Please, anyone that watched the ACC last year knows how flawed your team is and how lucky you were to even be in the ACCGC last year.

The hype this year is coming from you winning it last year. But the people that really followed it (except for homer VT fans) don't buy that crap.

The only reason you guys even got in the game was because our 25 freshman finally hit a wall against GT and sucked the last few games or you wouldn't have even been in the game at all.

You backed your way in.
No, we didn't. We won our last couple games while Miami choked. And we had tiebreakers on NC and GT.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
No, we didn't. We won our last couple games while Miami choked. And we had tiebreakers on NC and GT.
Exactly, you backed on based on tiebreakers and Miami loses.

Did I not make that clear?
Old 04-06-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sorry VT beat the teams they needed to beat(everyone in the Coastal but Miami), and Miami did not? I am sorry Frank Beamer is an excellent coach and maybe he does not win NC's, but he knows how to win in general, even if his team is not loaded with the best talent

And I was not just talking about last year, I am talking about the 2 other ACC Championships we won as well.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Last edited by vatech=accdomination : 04-06-2009 at 03:18 PM.
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote