Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 01-07-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Greg Knapp - New Offensive Coordinator

Okay, I was looking around the internet and I found a report by Adam Schefter saying that Greg Knapp, Mora's offensive coordinator in Atlanta, would be assuming the same responsibilities in Seattle.

I really don't know what to make of this. Does anyone know what type of offense Knapp plans on running?

I am really starting to question the Jim Mora hiring if all he is going to do is keep bringing in people who were with him in Atlanta...

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

From what I've read on him he favors the WCO which is good news. Bad thing is he was Oakland's OC......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he also favors the ZBS, I don't think you guys can make the switch right away.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
From what I've read on him he favors the WCO which is good news. Bad thing is he was Oakland's OC......
Well, thats a definite good news/bad news scenario...

The only thing that would make this a good news/good news scenario would be if Kiffin was the one who had brought him to Oakland and not Al Davis.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:00 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all i remember from his tenure with the falcons was that his playcall was VERY predictable and yes he ran a ZBS. good luck with him and mora.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:08 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Worst case scenario we're stuck with Mora as HC for 3 ****** seasons :\
Only good thing to come from him being HC is that John Marshall will be gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knapp is going to look like Bill Walsh if they bring in Rod Marinelli from the 0-16 Lions to run the defense.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think this is an improvement over Haskil.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Thinking about it...they were converting to a ZBS earlier this year. That's the big changes that Solari and Deboard were bringing to the line. I remember reading comments from Sean Locklear before the season saying they were going to do more zone blocking, so maybe it isn't that much of a transition after all...

Old 01-11-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Default New Defensive Coaches

Well, Jim Mora has proceeded to add two more pieces to his coaching staff. 1 is the new defensive coordinator and the other is the new defensive line coach.

www.theolympian.com/seahawks/story/722880.html

(This is a newspaper site and the story is free to view so I didn't think that it was against the rules to post it)

Found this story while I was browsing through Yahoo Sports.

Casey Bradley, the linebacker's coach from Tampa Bay, is our new defensive coordinator.

Dan Quinn, a defensive line coach from the NYJ, is our new defensive line/assistant head coach.

Also, the article mentions that Joe Barry, the defensive coordinator for the Lions last year..., is rumored to be the new linebackers coach. (Hopefully it isn't finalized yet.)

Thoughts?

Last edited by jballa838 : 01-13-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: link wasn't working.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa Bay has great defensive lineage, which is pretty solid. I dont know much on Quinn though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Apparently Monte Kiffin lobbied pretty hard for him, and he has had some pretty good defensive minds come out from under him.

That said, I really don't know much about Quinn either, but the Tampa 2 should be a good fit.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we can get a solid pass rush.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Hopefully we can.

Instead of opening another thread, I am just going to post that they added another coach. This time it's a WR's coach, Robert Prince. He worked with Mora again in Atlanta.

Also, Mike Debord was promoted from assistant offensive line coach to tight ends coach.

Mora is looking at hiring a new DB coach.

And the following coaches will be back (according to the latest report):
Bruce DeHaven - Special Teams
Mike Solari - Offensive Line
Bill Lazor - QB Coach
Kasey Dunn - RB's Coach
Larry Marmie - Assistant DB coach

There are a few others that will be retained, but it doesn't mention them.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Mora is bringing his entire atlanta staff with him here. Thanks for the research summond. Very nice stuff.

Quote:

Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Default Coaching Change Thread.

Will Merge those two threads into this one.

Quote:

Old 01-14-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Thanks. Outside of the new DB coach, whenever that get announced, I think that he is pretty much done with the coaching moves.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Found the new DB coach.

Name is Tim Lewis.

Fun Facts:
-Has coached in the NFL for 14 season
-Spent the last 2 in Carolina as the secondary coach
-Was the defensive coordinator in Pittsburgh in 2001 when they had the #1 ranked defense
-Spent three years as a coordinator with the Giants and in 2005, they didn't allow a touchdown for 15 quarters.

Best hiring so far this offseason?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Carolina's DBs were awful this year, but he is a solid coach. Now best hiring maybe, but lets see him work with our safeties first.

Quote:

Old 01-22-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

From an experience standpoint he could possibly be called the best hiring. I wasn't really looking at how Carolina did this last season, so I'll take your word for it.

I am going to have to say Casey Bradley is at the top of my list right now for the Seahawks. There's this new guy down the road at Montlake though, who I am really looking forward to watching though.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
From an experience standpoint he could possibly be called the best hiring. I wasn't really looking at how Carolina did this last season, so I'll take your word for it.

I am going to have to say Casey Bradley is at the top of my list right now for the Seahawks. There's this new guy down the road at Montlake though, who I am really looking forward to watching though.
I want to see if we can transition to the tampa 2 immediately.

Quote:

Old 01-23-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I want to see if we can transition to the tampa 2 immediately.
Brian Russell says whatttttttttttttt?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are you guys going to a 3-4?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote