Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who has the edge to take over?
Aaron Corp 9 18.75%
Mitch Mustain 36 75.00%
Matt Barkley 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default If Sanchez does go pro who do you think has the edge?

If Sanchez does go pro who do you think has the edge to start next season at QB - Corp, Mustain or Barkley?
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If?

I got Mustain.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

i say "if" because i still think there is an onside chance he might change his mind. coach carroll, leinart and his parents have all advised him to stay - this decision was made entirely on his own it sounds.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

wasn't corp promoted to number 2 QB in the rose bowl? do you just think mustain will make a bigger push over the summer or is he still considered the number 2 qb right now?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is Mustain will start but he better not fail because Barkely will be breathing down his neck. Barkely will be there for spring ball and i think his ability to throw the ball far excedes Mustain's.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

I'll be interested to see the Williams-Mustain connection because apparently they have been linking up with each other most of their careers so they should have a great repour together. I think Barkley will be the next SC heisman trophy winner but Im not sure a true freshman is ready to start for USC but I think he is the most talented QB on the roster.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
i say "if" because i still think there is an onside chance he might change his mind. coach carroll, leinart and his parents have all advised him to stay - this decision was made entirely on his own it sounds.
too late......
Old 01-15-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think pete will give the job to Mustain (unless he sucks) just to be nice. Dont be surprised if Corp wins the job though, he's been outplaying Mustain for most of the year.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mustain will win the job... Barkley will eventually be the best of all 3.
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corp should transfer if he wants to start for more then 1 year at a D-1A school.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Im thinking its going to be Mustain. Corp will be a close second, I think they may redshirt Barkley this year.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
Im thinking its going to be Mustain. Corp will be a close second, I think they may redshirt Barkley this year.
Cosign. I'm hoping that Mustain gets it and shines
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Corp should transfer if he wants to start for more then 1 year at a D-1A school.
what if he wants to play at USC for 1 year instead another school for 2?

Barkley will redshirt, anybody thinking he's competing for the starting job now is trippin.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
Cosign. I'm hoping that Mustain gets it and shines
he has all the weapons in place to do so.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB U?

5 active USC qbs in the league next year? wow.

what are the chances, corp and mustain are first rounders too?

Last edited by soybean : 01-15-2009 at 03:13 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

Yeah I agree, Barkley will have a slim to none chance at starting but I do think he has the greatest potential out of all the QBs at USC right now. I just don't know if I trust Mustain starting. He has looked shakey to me all year when he got snaps in games. Maybe he will sort it out over the summer though and I do know him and Damien Williams are good friends. What do you think the loss of Sanchez doe to USC's preseason ranking?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah I agree, Barkley will have a slim to none chance at starting but I do think he has the greatest potential out of all the QBs at USC right now. I just don't know if I trust Mustain starting. He has looked shakey to me all year when he got snaps in games. Maybe he will sort it out over the summer though and I do know him and Damien Williams are good friends. What do you think the loss of Sanchez doe to USC's preseason ranking?
Pre-season rankings suck, I'd prefer that we dont get a top 5 ranking.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sanchez looked pretty bad when he was filling in for booty and now look what happened at his first year.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
sanchez looked pretty bad when he was filling in for booty and now look what happened at his first year.
thats a very good point, its much harder to play as a back up
Old 01-15-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
thats a very good point, its much harder to play as a back up
not only that, but there's just something about that program that makes you assured that coach carroll will make the right decision and the team will still be ok.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

true that, what advantage do you think mustain has over corp though?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
true that, what advantage do you think mustain has over corp though?
Arm Strength....only thing I can think of.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

in all honesty, seniority. I know pete tells the media and his players that it's an open competition but he really does have empathy for those who have been waiting.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
An onside chance? Do you mean outside?

I vote Mustain.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
An onside chance? Do you mean outside?

I vote Mustain.
inside chance id imagine.