Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
savedbygrace89
Rookie

savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Lightbulb My First Steelers Mock Draft

These are just my opinions on what I would like to see the Steelers do in the upcoming draft. I do not get paid to write and I am not here to offend anyone. Everyone has their own opinions and that is fine, I will respect yours if you respect mine... Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 C Max Unger 6'5 300 lbs Oregon

2 OT Jason Watkins 6'6 310 lbs Florida

3 DT Terrance Taylor 6'0 308 lbs Michigan

4 WR Jarrett Dillard 5'11 185 lbs Rice

5 DB Cary Harris 6'0 185 lbs USC

6 FB Quinn Jackson 6'1 262 lbs LSU

7 OT Rylan Reed 6'7 314 lbs TX Tech

I am pretty sure the Steelers will get some compensation selections with some of the losses they had last year, or atleast the loss of G Alen Faneca.

Just my opinions, tell me what ya think

GO STEELERS!!!
savedbygrace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
SteelCityNightmare
Rookie

SteelCityNightmare hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the idea of focusing on the trenches in the first couple of rounds. However, I think you can get better value in the first round. But I don't really have any quams about your picks.
SteelCityNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbygrace89 View Post
These are just my opinions on what I would like to see the Steelers do in the upcoming draft. I do not get paid to write and I am not here to offend anyone. Everyone has their own opinions and that is fine, I will respect yours if you respect mine... Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 C Max Unger 6'5 300 lbs Oregon

2 OT Jason Watkins 6'6 310 lbs Florida

3 DT Terrance Taylor 6'0 308 lbs Michigan

4 WR Jarrett Dillard 5'11 185 lbs Rice

5 DB Cary Harris 6'0 185 lbs USC

6 FB Quinn Jackson 6'1 262 lbs LSU

7 OT Rylan Reed 6'7 314 lbs TX Tech

I am pretty sure the Steelers will get some compensation selections with some of the losses they had last year, or atleast the loss of G Alen Faneca.

Just my opinions, tell me what ya think

GO STEELERS!!!
I like you're Idea's, but I'll be honest, I'm not fond of those players in that area.

*Unger has the ability to play all 5 positions, but he's not "The best" at any of them. He'll be solid though. Why grab him in round 1 when you have Luigs who might be able to be had in 2... and Caldwell that could be had in possibly 3 or 4. Caldwell is the most underrated center in the draft. One of, if not the best blocker on the move in the draft.

I just feel like your missing out on a great player for a solid one in round 1. I understand the mentality of strengthening the trenches but.. If Unger was the best offensive lineman on the board at our pick, I'd Look DE, CB, NT, OLB, ILB in that order. Frankly at that point it's BPA. IF you have a rare talent like Everette Brown falling.. You grab him.

That said with 9 picks this season, don't be at all surprised to see the old 1+2+5 or 1+3+4 trade to move up in the middle of the round to grab a player that the staff is particularly smitten with.

*I haven't seen Watkins rated as a second rounder yet and if it's because of the NCAA Championship game.. I'll pass. I wouldn't take Watkins over guys like Jamon Meredith, Fenuki Tupou, Garrett Reynolds...

*Terrance Taylor is a guy that has Million dollar tools and 10cent motivation. I'd rather draft AQ Shipley in the 3rd. The 6'1 296lb Shipley walked Taylor out of every play. IIRC PSU ran right over Shipley's hip all game because Taylor made 0 impact. I don't mind drafting Taylor.. but with as ineffective as he's been... IN a 3-4 defense, I don't take a chance this early. Especially with guys like Ron Brace, Jarron Gilbert, Domonique Johnson, Antoine Caldwell, Andy Levitre, Captain Munnerlyn, DeAngelo Smith, Zach Follett, Ricky Jean-Francois still available.

*I do really like Jarrett Dillard but You're replacing a deep threat/burner with a slot style possession receiver. (Which we have Sweed now and he has more deep threat potential as well). If we grab a receiver to play the slot in preparation of Nates Loss, we might want to add a guy with a little bit more speed, and Return capabilities (Quan Cosby here, or perhaps Sammie Stroughter in round 6).

* I Like Cary Harris, not bad here at all, I do feel he'll go higher.

*LSU's FB's name is Quinn Johnson. He's not a bad pick for a 7th rounder but, he'll likely be a 7-UDFA Type. He's a good Blocker/ST's pick, but if you're going to go that early.. add a guy like Travis McCall. Bit bigger and faster, more powerful and can play FB/TE and eliminates a Gameday slot so we can have an extra person.

*Rylan Reed isn't a bad pick for the 7th but he might have peaked in college. he's 26? 28? IIRC but, when you grab a 7th most don't make the team. He's still a developmental pick and if you're going to develop a player you'd probably be better off grabbing a 21-23 year old so if it takes the 2-4 years time, they're still in their prime.

Just my 2 cents. You're on the right track :)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
savedbygrace89
Rookie

savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Thanks Everyone

I would love to see the Steelers trade up in round one and get DT B.J. Raji from Boston College, man this guy looks like a man among boys out there at senior bowl practice against some of the best Centers in the draft including Alex Mack.

OG/OT/C Max Unger would be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh just for the fact that he can play all 5 positions. The Steelers could use help all along the line if not just for someone to push our vets. There is probably not many players out there that can say that they can play all 5 positions on the offensive line.
I also wouldnt mind seeing the Steelers select someone like Safety Patrick Chung early this april.. maybe even in the 1st round. But, I also think that our team is solid enough in all phases that they can pretty much go Best Available Player Not Matter What Position. I know our offensive line needs help and they should be our no.1 priority this coming april.
savedbygrace89 is offline   Reply With Quote